Bayonetta 1, 2, and 3 coming to Nintendo Switch

Bayo.png

Bayonetta 1 and 2 are coming to Nintendo Switch in February of 2018. I'm sure this will be great news to those who skipped these fantastic games on the Wii U.

On top of this amazing announcement, Bayonetta 3 has been confirmed to be in development for Nintendo Switch.

Last edited by Scarlet,

Bernhard

Psycho
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bayonetta 1 and 2 are coming to Nintendo Switch in February of 2018. I'm sure this will be great news to those who skipped these fantastic games on the Wii U.

On top of this amazing announcement, Bayonetta 3 has been confirmed to be in development for Nintendo Switch.

this is SOOOO amazing*-* man i am really looking forward for these ports :D and yeah the 3. game :)

farmin

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Depends, did you already pay $60 for it on wii u, and willing to pay $60 again for it on switch? To me, YES It is a downside. Unless it is reduced price, then that was my point. If you didn't buy the game on wii u then you are fine to say that there is no downside. If you did and don't mind paying $60 again for it, then you can say there is no downside. :mellow:

Is fine if you feel that way, but I don't believe in charging same full price for a port, that isn't common as far as I known and seen other games get published like that on other systems.

I bought it on Wii U for $80AUD and will probably buy that collectors edition for Switch for $100AUD. I played the heck out of it on Wii U and will do the same on Switch, if I'm going to really enjoy a game and play it a great deal I honestly don't mind paying for it again.
If you don't think it's worth $60USD then wait for a sale or used copy.

D

Deleted User

Bayonetta 2/3 PC port when, I don't want to blow my money on the Switch just for those 2 games that aren't on the Wii U

Last edited by ,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Bayonetta 2/3 PC port when, I don't want to blow my money on the Switch just for those 2 games that aren't on the Wii U
Nintendo owns the rights to Bayonetta now, Bayonetta 2/3 never would've happened otherwise. The first game didn't sell well.

So...3-4 years maybe when the rights expire? Assuming they don't just renew anyway.

Last edited by Xzi,

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo owns the rights to Bayonetta now, Bayonetta 2/3 never would've happened otherwise. The first game didn't sell well.

So...3-4 years maybe when the rights expire? Assuming they don't just renew anyway.
Sega own the IP of Bayonetta, not Nintendo. However they do own the rights to Bayonetta 2 because they were the ones to fund and publish it, and now they also own the rights to Bayonetta 3 because theyre funding it as well so the chances of seeing these two games on PC have the same chance as Smash 4 getting a PC port ;). Platinum Games is very much able to just go to another company to fund another Bayo game and have Bayonetta be on non nintendo consoles, however Nintendo SAVED the series by providing the money needed to create Bayo 2 so I'm guessing Platinum just wants to be on Nintendo only as a sort of thank you for saving the series.

Reactions: Xzi

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sega own the IP of Bayonetta, not Nintendo. However they do own the rights to Bayonetta 2 because they were the ones to fund and publish it, and now they also own the rights to Bayonetta 3 because theyre funding it as well so the chances of seeing these two games on PC have the same chance as Smash 4 getting a PC port ;). Platinum Games is very much able to just go to another company to fund another Bayo game and have Bayonetta be on non nintendo consoles, however Nintendo SAVED the series by providing the money needed to create Bayo 2 so I'm guessing Platinum just wants to be on Nintendo only as a sort of thank you for saving the series.
Sega doesn't actually own the bayonetta ip, platinum does. Sega currently has no involvement with the studio or bayonetta 2 or 3. Nintendo could (And very well might) buy platinum, and then they would have full ownership of the IP.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Maybe I'm reading wrong but you know bayonetta 2 is a Wii U exclusive right? What do you mean it's not on the Wii U? And the chances of there ever being pc ports is slim.

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sega doesn't actually own the bayonetta ip, platinum does. Sega currently has no involvement with the studio or bayonetta 2 or 3. Nintendo could (And very well might) buy platinum, and then they would have full ownership of the IP.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Maybe I'm reading wrong but you know bayonetta 2 is a Wii U exclusive right? What do you mean it's not on the Wii U? And the chances of there ever being pc ports is slim.
Sega owns the bayonetta trademark
http://www.trademarkia.com/bayonetta-77444642.html
And I highly doubt platinum games would want to stay exclusive to Nintendo, they very much enjoy creating exclusive games for other cosoles such as Nier Automata for Sony and Scalebound for Microsoft (Even though scalebound was soon cancelled)

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and here we go with its ok for more old ports.... the wii u failed, not many got to play them, excuses.

when is the switch going to get new third party titles.

I played the first on PS3 and didnt think much about it, then got the 2nd on Wii U and when it felt (opening) to be the same as the first i couldnt be arsed.

I own both on the Wii u, never really played, no intention to buy again on the switch.

Xathya

residence aparents trols of temps
Banned
Trophies
Website
knucklestheechidna.com
XP
Country
Australia

NICE i LOVES de bayos is great and robin is nice guy id like to meet
nice to see on switch with nomade mode
and 3 is very nice news but bayonetta disappears???

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
and here we go with its ok for more old ports.... the wii u failed, not many got to play them, excuses.

I played the first on PS3 and didnt think much about it, then got the 2nd on Wii U and when it felt (opening) to be the same as the first i couldnt be arsed.

I own both on the Wii u, never really played, no intention to buy again on the switch.
No idea, it seems new third party titles are coming every day, I haven't being playing or buying them, but there they are.
AFAIK, every company that is not Nintendo or owned by Nintendo is a third party, just look at the catalogue and you will see most games are from third parties then.

DarthDub

Amateur Hacker
Trophies
Website
www.gaiaonline.com
XP
Country
United States

26 Switch games came out this week alone.

Reactions: Kioku and Xzi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended