Gaming Battery life chart(Canceled until further notice)

Battery time from 100% to force turn off or battery consumption rate

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jt_1258

Ella
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a work in progress list of all games with how fast the battery goes down per minute and total play time you can get on a full battery both showing what they would be at max, medium, and minimum brightness levels through out. The spreadsheet of this data can be found here. You may submit data you would like to add to the spreadsheet here. You can also see what has been submitted to the google form to be added but may not have been added to the spreadsheet yet on the 3rd sheet in the battery life spread sheet. Do keep in mind that the list of games still needs to be filled out as this spreadsheet was just recently made, I apologize for this and will begin filling it out when I have time available.

UPDATE: It seems so far that the trend of data is showing that usually going from minimum to maximum brightness raises battery consumption rate by 0.10% per minute. With this info we may now aproximate the life of all brightness levels once we know how long it lasts on one of them. Your contribution means even more now.

To do
- Add all currently available games to the list
- Figure out how brightness effects battery life so we can figure out what all three for a game are after getting the values for one brightness level
- And of course get all battery usage statistics for all games available

This is a thread both posted to here and and reddit to spur more support to help fill this data sheet out, said reddit side of this thread can be found here.

This seem like a reasonable idea to collect together not only a list of all games for the switch but the battery life you get on max, 50%, and minimum brightness for each game, perhaps also or instead a drain rate for each game. This will take some time to accumulate together and I need help from others since I don't have all the time in the world and I don't have infinite money. Before I start up a chart I would like to know what would be best. I am thinking about working with a google spreadsheet but I want to make sure there arn't any better options for this. Sorry for rambling and thank you in advance for your help.

Edit: here is an initial version of this spreadsheet, and I understand it's rough, I'm not that great at design, you can also add comments directly to the spreadsheet to suggest edits https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...E6PfG5LtGnZsuE9IcvhPvCUnzbw/edit?usp=drivesdk

Last edited by jt_1258,

jt_1258

Ella
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for shifting the thread to right place, also, the deleted message was asking to move it, just saying so no one thinks something bad happened here

jt_1258

Ella
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But if someone says "Nothing bad happened here," you KNOW something bad happened there!
dangit >.< seriously wish he would have tacked on a reason as to why it was removed from public view to show ya, rip lul
may come to regret this if he doesn't want it shown but if it is an issue I shall remove it
Screenshot_2017-05-05-08-13-40.png

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

But if someone says "Nothing bad happened here," you KNOW something bad happened there!
tbh the only bad things was me accidentally throwing it in the wrong section -.-

Last edited by jt_1258,

Alkéryn

Moon Dweller ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
But i think by lowering the screen luminosity and turning off wifi you might suck a bit more out of it

I get mine tomorow but i'm wondering more how much time it need to charge ^^

jt_1258

Ella
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But i think by lowering the screen luminosity and turning off wifi you might suck a bit more out of it

I get mine tomorow but i'm wondering more how much time it need to charge ^^
that's why there is info for minimum, medium, and maximum brightness

Reactions: Alkéryn

jt_1258

Ella
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well we know zelda is 3 hrs. mario kart 8 seems to be longer.
just not sure what brightness that 3 hours is on, I just got the money I need for the switch and I'll be getting one as soon as one is available, so never XD, hopefully this week, I'll also get botw as my first game

ItsTheWolf

Splatoon 2 Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam

jt_1258

Ella
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Pienkaito

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
How do I calculate the consumption rate per minute? I would like to post the stats for Super Bomberman R when I get the chance to.

jt_1258

Ella
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I calculate the consumption rate per minute? I would like to post the stats for Super Bomberman R when I get the chance to.
I looked at how many minuets where in the time that we got for each game so like with Disgaea 5 Complete on minimum brightness we got 8 hours, there are 60 minuets in an hour so I did 8 x 60 and got 480, then I divided 100(battery life) by the time we got out of it being 480 and got 0.208333333333 which I rounded to 0.21% per minuet.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Haven't done any specific research but when playing on the Switch console itself I turn down the brightness to the minimum to make it last a bit longer. So far, I've not run out of battery but then again it wasn't for long hours.

jt_1258

Ella
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't done any specific research but when playing on the Switch console itself I turn down the brightness to the minimum to make it last a bit longer. So far, I've not run out of battery but then again it wasn't for long hours.
-snip-
if you have it could you try testing that Disgeae 5 game at max brightness, I want to see if a change between how long the battery life is equal across games cause we have a number for both Disgeae and botw on minimum brightness and botw if I look around I found a test on max brightness, so if they change in battery life time is equal it will save a lot of time not having to test 3 times in a row for each game

Last edited by jt_1258,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i always pee in the water