Hacking Batch of GW with faulty SD card slots

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just checking up on the current GW prices and ran across this on the modchipdirect.com product page. Seems there was a QC problem. Good to know for any recent purchasers having a problem. It is not clear from this how many if any made it to the wild.

Will be in stock around the 23rd or 24th of April (there was a 3+ week stock shortage, but we just run out of stock today 16th of April. We have more on the way already). You can preorder, and we will be able to ship to you as soon as we have stock. The batch we where getting on the 20th was stopped half way here as Gateway team produced a batch with faulty SD card slots, which would have been a nightmare. Luckily, we are getting a newer 100% tested batch.

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, if someone sold these faulty cards for, let's say, 20 bucks each, I'd buy a few of them.

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
On a decent enough price cut they would still sell since all you would have to do is limit yourself to running .cia

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I wouldn't say it's made up because my mSD slot on gateway is kind of bad, although I don't use it a lot, when I do upon inserting it feels like something is in the way of my mSD, but in the end it still goes through and clicks.

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't matter too much for a O3ds, they could just downgrade, use CFW to install devmenu, inject the CFW Nand into a regular GW emuNAND partition, and update, then install all games as CIA.

It would be a problem for N3ds though.

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Wouldn't matter too much for a O3ds, they could just downgrade, use CFW to install devmenu, inject the CFW Nand into a regular GW emuNAND partition, and update, then install all games as CIA.

It would be a problem for N3ds though.

Why would you go through that complicated process just to install cias ? When you can just put Devmenu.3ds on the microSD inside your gateway cart, and use it to install cias in GW mode on any FW version( up to 9.2 of course) or any kind of 3DS (New,Old, 2DS).

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would you go through that complicated process just to install cias ? When you can just put Devmenu.3ds on the microSD inside your gateway cart, and use it to install cias in GW mode on any FW version( up to 9.2 of course) or any kind of 3DS (New,Old, 2DS).
Because these ones have faulty micro sd card slots, you can't run any .3ds files.

Reactions: Ra1d

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1