Status
Not open for further replies.

Autz

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
3D is shit.

Some has good uses for it, but most people have headaches for that so...

What i expect from NX is to be MORE powerfull than the WiiU, so if in the end results as an Ultra-New 3DS, what's the point for making an hybrid handheld-home console if it is a little bit more powerfull than an already established Nintendo handheld? If it is powerfull enough, we MAY get Gamecube VC, but i doubt it.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

CallieMarie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Some has good uses for it, but most people have headaches for that so...

What i expect from NX is to be MORE powerfull than the WiiU, so if in the end results as an Ultra-New 3DS, what's the point for making an hybrid handheld-home console if it is a little bit more powerfull than an already established Nintendo handheld? If it is powerfull enough, we MAY get Gamecube VC, but i doubt it.

I hope it is more powerful than the Wii U (is possible if it is based on Tegra?). But a good selling point I see is being to run existing Wii U titles and play them on the go, and potentially attract developers who overlooked the Wii U. Also continue the trend of supporting previous gen, like with Gamecube ports on the first gen Wii.

TJHeartnote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crazy idea but if this NX is like the one in the patent then this idea for a Nintendo accessory would not be too much of a stretch. Nintendo NXVR. Let's say the NX slides into a headset that has a cable that links to the theoretical home base. the nx might have a gyroscopic sensor like the 3ds has, and the controls being wireless might work with a sensor plugged into the home base able to read the controls and headset. Using simple 3d like in a google cardboard or Samsung gear vr, and surround sound headphones built in or a usb plug or headphone hack even Bluetooth it can wire up to any aftermarket surround sound headphones. in short with a simple google cardboard setup and a pass-through wire to the home base Nintendo could easily throw in for VR. that is if the patent holds true.

Last edited by TJHeartnote,

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope it is more powerful than the Wii U (is possible if it is based on Tegra?). But a good selling point I see is being to run existing Wii U titles and play them on the go, and potentially attract developers who overlooked the Wii U. Also continue the trend of supporting previous gen, like with Gamecube ports on the first gen Wii.
If it's based on ARM (like it looks like it will be), it most likely won't be backwards compatible unless Nintendo somehow manages to write a JIT interpreter/recompiler for Wii U PPC on the new console
Crazy idea but if this NX is like the one in the patent then this idea fro a Nintendo accessory would not be too much of a stretch. Nintendo NXVR. Let's say the NX slides into a headset that has a cable that links to the theoretical home base. the nx might have a gyroscopic sensor like the 3ds has, and the controls being wireless might work with a sensor plugged into the home base able to read the controls and headset. Using simple 3d like in a google cardboard or Samsung gear vr, and surround sound headphones built in or a usb plug or headphone hack even Bluetooth it can wire up to any aftermarket surround sound headphones. in short with a simple google cardboard setup and a pass-through wire to the home base Nintendo could easily throw in for VR. that is if the patent holds true.
I don't think that's so crazy, it actually works with a couple of theories floating around as well. Just don't get your hopes up

Reactions: CallieMarie

Autz

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
If it's based on ARM (like it looks like it will be), it most likely won't be backwards compatible unless Nintendo somehow manages to write a JIT interpreter/recompiler for Wii U PPC on the new console

Pretty much this. ARM is more cheaper and doesn't produce much heat because have less transistors than typical processors, so it shouldn't be surprise that Nintendo goes for ARM.

The NX will n****-flop.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much this. ARM is more cheaper and doesn't produce much heat because have less transistors than typical processors, so it shouldn't be surprise that Nintendo goes for ARM.

The NX will n****-flop.
Now don't be so hasty, look at the NVidia Shield Android TV. It's fully capable of emulating both the GameCube and Wii (albeit a little on the slow side) using Dolphin's Android port, using the same Tegra x1 chip that the NX dev kits are supposedly shipping with

(To be clear, the Wii U uses hardware emulation for vWii and GameCube, not software emulation. That shows how much more powerful the x1 is than the IBM PPC module the Wii U is using)

Last edited by TotalInsanity4,
Reactions: CallieMarie

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Nintendo has no gimmicks. Whatever they come up with, a great deal of games end up taking advantage of it. They are very relevant to the games, therefore no gimmicks.

Sony Sixaxis and the ps4 controller touchpad are gimmicks.

I'm down with whatever nintendo has in store for NX,even more so if it gets Bravely Default 3 and Fatal Frame 6.

Autz

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Now don't be so hasty, look at the NVidia Shield Android TV. It's fully capable of emulating both the GameCube and Wii (albeit a little on the slow side) using Dolphin's Android port, using the same Tegra x1 chip that the NX dev kits are supposedly shipping with.

Dolphin's Android port has optimizations that Nintendo won't like. Is like saying that Old 3DS is capable of SNES emulation because we have Snes9X. If the NX has a different hardware structure (that may erase the backward-compatibility) then Nintendo will go for Software emulation using algorythms with little-to-none optimizations.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

even more so if it gets Bravely Default 3 and Fatal Frame 6.

Not if those ended up being japan-exclusive as Fatal Frame 4.

TJHeartnote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well they might jsut go ahead and jsut d oaway with reigon
Dolphin's Android port has optimizations that Nintendo won't like. Is like saying that Old 3DS is capable of SNES emulation because we have Snes9X. If the NX has a different hardware structure (that may erase the backward-compatibility) then Nintendo will go for Software emulation using algorythms with little-to-none optimizations.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Not if those ended up being japan-exclusive as Fatal Frame 4.
Unless of coarse Nintendo follows suit with Sony and Microsoft and go region free.

delete12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone made a gimick-less mockup of Nintendo NX:

tOECGp1.gif

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the NX will be a home console but not like a standard one. It will be similar to the wii in which the way you play the games will be different but this time the power inside will be up to standards we expect. The NX handheld will come separate, probably in 2017 too, maybe early 2018. Knowing that its a family of consoles, we might other stuff come too.

Focusing on the Gimmick, i truly believe it will have some sort of enhancement that make all the games a little more immersive, much like how the wii did with motion controls but this time its maybe visually. I posted many times that i thought i would be a projection type visual innovation to be the selling point of the NX. And my hypothesis for that were the gameplay footages we've seen for potential NX games. Each time there is panning in scenery or very wide camera views, this is what makes me really believe it could be some sort of 3d type projection with motion capture controls, to a very affordably small scale. of course its all speculation and i could be way off LOL

nx1.JPG
nx2.JPG
nx3.JPG
nx4.JPG

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Nintendo has no gimmicks. Whatever they come up with, a great deal of games end up taking advantage of it. They are very relevant to the games, therefore no gimmicks.

Sony Sixaxis and the ps4 controller touchpad are gimmicks.

I'm down with whatever nintendo has in store for NX,even more so if it gets Bravely Default 3 and Fatal Frame 6.
they will find another name like For The Sequel.lol

Reactions: netovsk

Autz

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
the NX will be a home console but not like a standard one. It will be similar to the wii in which the way you play the games will be different but this time the power inside will be up to standards we expect. The NX handheld will come separate, probably in 2017 too, maybe early 2018. Knowing that its a family of consoles, we might other stuff come too.

I never saw the NX as a family of consoles, but that wouldn't be any different to what we have today. Nintendo literally abandoned the Console market to archieve more focus on handheld market, which is what they sell the most. That hybrid thing is to ensure that both console and handheld developers make games for the same console and not as a separated entities like we normally think, so Nintendo would win if they do it properly.

And also, i think those claims about the NX being powerfull is an overrated statement. Of course there's confirmation for nice games on the NX, but knowing how Nintendo went from the Gamecube to the Wii, i don't have high hopes.

FrozenDragon150

Notorious Coffee Drinker
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Honestly, a family of consoles isn't exactly gonna work. The Wii U and 3DS suffered from serious droughts, and having the same games for this supposed family of consoles is more complex than it sounds and definitely alienating for third-parties and just not worth it.

I remain on my stance about a handheld that can connect to TV. It's not particularly tough for something like the Tegra X1 to surpass the Wii U's processor, and it's much more modern than the PowerPC, thus easier to develop for. And it would be a real single plataform for them to focus their games on, they can market it as a full on handheld, it doesn't need to compete directly against PC/PS4/XB1, it doesn't need to be that close in power to them, either; merely being the secondary console of choice will yield more sales than a direct competitor.

Tl;dr handheld console, can connect to TV, good price point, single Nintendo plataform, using modern tech and slightly more powerful than Wii U. I can see this selling like hotcakes, really. Especially if it doesn't have any more gimmicks other than motion controls and touchscreen.

DeoNaught

I'm here to steal memes and break dreams
Trophies
Website
Gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
IVE GOT IT, they are going to use Ar
would that make sense kinda? they could do like an AR(augmented Reality) with like Wiimotes, a HoloLens type of thing.
But Man I seriously hope there's 3rd Party support, #Nintendo3rdGamesMatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple