Hardware Baseless Nintendo NX speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If NX has WiiU compatibility I'd imagine there'll be quite a wait for Mario/Mario Kart games, as they'll want all the people who bought the NX but not the WiiU to buy the WiiU games first.

If there's no backwards compatibility I'd imagine there'll be a rush on Mario/ Mario Kart games within the first few months of launch
Wii u has been down for a while.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The WiiU is dead, any game that comes out doesnt sell at all. the only game that sold well past mario party 10 (5.3.2 firmware) was mario maker.

Loadiine killed the wiiu and Nintendo didnt really care because they were already making the NX

Reactions: Yil

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The WiiU is dead, any game that comes out doesnt sell at all. the only game that sold well past mario party 10 (5.3.2 firmware) was mario maker.

Loadiine killed the wiiu and Nintendo didnt really care because they were already making the NX
Yes, but wonderful 101 was remarkably good for a second party. And good indie, but ultimately Nintendo ruin their own reputation with Amiibo. Somehow I completely lose hope in gaming.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but wonderful 101 was remarkably good for a second party. And good indie, but ultimately Nintendo ruin their own reputation with Amiibo. Somehow I completely lose hope in gaming.

I completely disagree with you on amiibo, its the only thing that kept it profitable. The animal crossing game, amiibo, and amiibo cards are a sham but people see right through that. Its a shame they did that with amiibo and animal crossing because that but a giant frown on peoples faces. In terms of the toys though, if you walk into a toys-r-us and look at the prices of some of those figures and plushies, amiibo is a good deal because of the level of quality in comparison to the other toys and the duality of its purpose along with its price.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so nintendo has already teased the next zelda AFTER breath of the wild and its supposed to be a multi player game. I have been wondering what the "supplemental computing device (scd)" is and what its purpose was... again i found a video, and if this theory of the SCD being an individual cloud device that can multiply in power then i believe the multiplayer zelda coming after BoTW will utilize the SCD device if indeed it is a personal server.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so if the SCD is a networking device. It would seem that you still wont have to pay $60/year to use the premium services like xbox/ps4 that seems to be down 1/3 of the year due to flood attacks... One of the best features of nintendo devices is the free online play.

The worst features of the sony/microsoft console is the pay for online play. AND you need an internet connection to play the stuff you bought online which is a no go for me.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i saw something about why the NX was delayed, because of "games lineup". I dont think so. I been reading up on its secret specs and i believe the NX will be using a version of AMDs new "zen" series cpus that was supposed to be released in 2016 and was pushed back to 2017.
of course home consoles use an apu which is a cpu and gpu combined. im sure NX is a legit gen 9 console now

a custom APU consisting of 'Zen cpu' & 'Polaris gpu' along with Vulcan tech (Next Gen openGL)

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now going back into the screen controller rumored gimmicks and patents and mockups.
Theres no way its be a standard controller mockup with a screen as its faceplate. why?

because comfy controller designs are not 'mobile' as they wont fit in a persons pocket.
so going back to one of those "trusted" rumors.

One i remember being described as 'the bottom half of the new 3ds but instead of an isolated screen, it is a screen'. Now im not sure what size is more believable but i would assume it would be the size of the smaller n3ds and not the n3ds xl. pocket sized and mobile with a possible 720-900p resolution

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i saw something about why the NX was delayed, because of "games lineup". I dont think so. I been reading up on its secret specs and i believe the NX will be using a version of AMDs new "zen" series cpus that was supposed to be released in 2016 and was pushed back to 2017.
of course home consoles use an apu which is a cpu and gpu combined. im sure NX is a legit gen 9 console now

a custom APU consisting of 'Zen cpu' & 'Polaris gpu' along with Vulcan tech (Next Gen openGL)
I wish. But those are pretty pricy and too much for Japan for the moment.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
amd is going REALLY cheap to compete with intel. intel released their new i7 and it costs $1800 right now. so if nintendo buys in bulk they get it for really cheap, it probably wont use the very top of the line processors either, example, like using an A6 when the A8 and A10 are better, but under the 'zen' line

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
amd is going REALLY cheap to compete with intel. intel released their new i7 and it costs $1800 right now. so if nintendo buys in bulk they get it for really cheap, it probably wont use the very top of the line processors either, example, like using an A6 when the A8 and A10 are better, but under the 'zen' line
A6 would make sense, it's a 4 core chip +2 graphic compute cores, which would be a step up from the Wii U's three core PPC layout

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A6 would make sense, it's a 4 core chip +2 graphic compute cores, which would be a step up from the Wii U's three core PPC layout

i dont what classes the zen will have, but i was just giving an example of previous classes that could possibly work, but i believe it will have zen incorporated in it

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If it's a custom SoC that is standard on every console and can be ordered in bulk it actually might be a possibility, though
I was talking about the decline of semi-conductors in Japan. They simply cannot catch up affter the demise of powerpc.
i dont what classes the zen will have, but i was just giving an example of previous classes that could possibly work, but i believe it will have zen incorporated in it
Better than Haswell, I can assure that.
Even amd's 2w was more than that. I also found out that ppc can hyperthread, which in turn would give wii u some more capability that no one can make use of.
rx 460 was about twice of xbox two, and rx 480 can compete with 1070 if both under overclocking.
Edit: That was xbox one, not two. 460 should be able to achieve around 3tf around 60w.

Last edited by Yil,

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was talking about the decline of semi-conductors in Japan. They simply cannot catch up affter the demise of powerpc.

Better than Haswell, I can assure that.

Even amd's 2w was more than that. I also found out that ppc can hyperthread, which in turn would give wii u some more capability that no one can make use of.
rx 460 was about twice of xbox two, and rx 480 can compete with 1070 if both under overclocking.
Edit: That was xbox one, not two. 460 should be able to achieve around 3tf around 60w.

Dont be shocked it when the NX internals are brand new tech. ps4 and xb1 i always felt were half cycles based on old pc, which they are. but when you look at n64/ps1, gc/ps2/xb, ps3/wii/xb all those systems were based on brand new technology. Yes, even the wii because it implemented a lot of the same concepts as todays VR.

My question is.... Will Pokemon now be forced to be a home console if this is a home / handheld hybrid 0_0 We might finally get the Pokemon Moba we have wanted!

Rumor has it that the NX can be taken with you so it wont force you to play on the tv, but be careful what you wish for because it sounds like the makings of a game that can never live up to high expectations.

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dont be shocked it when the NX internals are brand new tech. ps4 and xb1 i always felt were half cycles based on old pc, which they are. but when you look at n64/ps1, gc/ps2/xb, ps3/wii/xb all those systems were based on brand new technology. Yes, even the wii because it implemented a lot of the same concepts as todays VR.

Rumor has it that the NX can be taken with you so it wont force you to play on the tv, but be careful what you wish for because it sounds like the makings of a game that can never live up to high expectations.
That's the problem. Japan fall behind on soc since iphone rises. Smartphone pushes things too fast that Japan is no longer capable of competing. Unless they wound listen to western companies but that won't happen as we know it.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the problem. Japan fall behind on soc since iphone rises. Smartphone pushes things too fast that Japan is no longer capable of competing. Unless they wound listen to western companies but that won't happen as we know it.

you never know, things always change really fast, you just said it yourself. But console gaming isnt phone tech tho so i really wouldnt compare the two. The call and text aspects of phone hasnt changed one bit, the only thing they added is nonsense so people can get by the day faster for some odd reason.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
again i dont think the only gimmick is handheld aspect or the online features aspects. 'kimashima wants to play' right? there HAS to be something legit INNOVATIVE i keep saying AR and maybe 3d but i wonder what it is and how it'll be utilized

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: