Status
Not open for further replies.

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
3D Gamepad Screen with no buttons or touchpad because:
Controller replaced with amiibo scanner, you scan amiibos for the different button inputs.
Port for backwards compatibility with the gamecube GBA player, but they don't make any new ones.
New Bluray disks the size of 12" Records for storing more data, internal needle for playing games instead of a laser.
No USB ports, but 5 ethernet ports with an adapter for all accessories sold separately
Uses the same power adapter as the Wii U, and therefore does not come with one of its own.
Region locked to only work on TVs manufactured by Japanese companies
Comes in either White 8gb model or PewDiePie 2tb model (Which is to say a laser engraved image of the youtuber and an unchangeable home menu theme)

Launch Titles:
Mother 3 (PAL exclusive)
Metroid: Other OTHER M
Project M HD Remix
Majora's Mask 2D (A demake of the original)
MMM (A port of VVVVVV where everything is flipped vertically)
Mario vs. Mothra
Monkey Kong: Fruit Punch

The Preorder bonus is a bag of kosher Marshmallows and a collection of 285 CDs filled with uncut, unedited recordings of the hardware development team designing the plastic dust cover for the ethernet ports.

Trust me, I work at Mintendo
Unless you have any any solid proof about what you're saying in which you don't of now, people probably won't believe what you're saying. The "I work at Nintendo" excuse doesn't work.

Alexander Prime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3D Gamepad Screen with no buttons or touchpad because:
Controller replaced with amiibo scanner, you scan amiibos for the different button inputs.
Port for backwards compatibility with the gamecube GBA player, but they don't make any new ones.
New Bluray disks the size of 12" Records for storing more data, internal needle for playing games instead of a laser.
No USB ports, but 5 ethernet ports with an adapter for all accessories sold separately
Uses the same power adapter as the Wii U, and therefore does not come with one of its own.
Region locked to only work on TVs manufactured by Japanese companies
Comes in either White 8gb model or PewDiePie 2tb model (Which is to say a laser engraved image of the youtuber and an unchangeable home menu theme)

Launch Titles:
Mother 3 (PAL exclusive)
Metroid: Other OTHER M
Project M HD Remix
Majora's Mask 2D (A demake of the original)
MMM (A port of VVVVVV where everything is flipped vertically)
Mario vs. Mothra
Monkey Kong: Fruit Punch

The Preorder bonus is a bag of kosher Marshmallows and a collection of 285 CDs filled with uncut, unedited recordings of the hardware development team designing the plastic dust cover for the ethernet ports.

Trust me, I work at Mintendo

I was with you until the last line.

If you work there, what you're saying can't be speculation, so you're disqualified. Sorry.

Reactions: VinsCool and Korin

motezazer

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The biggest part of the NX outside of what their major "gimmick" will be is the Operating System.
Given this I hope it's something that integrates well with smartphones and web services.
Nintendo has always provided a far greater web browser than the other consoles, or really any other tv web browsers.
It will be nice to see things like chromecast support and maybe a companion app like pushbullet.
The most important part ofcourse would have to be performance, which the Cafe OS doesn't provide.
Something like the Wii's OS but with multi-tasking would be fantastic.
Presumably the NX will be 2 consoles, so hopefully they have some nifty synergy features, like handing off a game from one system to the other.

Oh. So you want the new console to have no OS? (Yes, there is no OS on the Wii... [and the IOS doesn't count, as it's not on the same CPU, and just handle security and I/O]).

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh. So you want the new console to have no OS? (Yes, there is no OS on the Wii... [and the IOS doesn't count, as it's not on the same CPU, and just handle security and I/O]).

People confuse the concept of Desktop with OS. Old news.
PS: In the case of the Wii replace "Desktop" with "Wii Menu"

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking NX would be an iOS gimmick, signaling Nintendo working on the mobile market. It would also tie together with connectivity with 3DS and Wii U, some storage app for game saves or basically a different controller for the Wii U. Or it could be a new console, they typically release one a year or so before Sony and Microsoft enter the fray. Wii came out in late 2006, Wii U came out in late 2012. So 2018? The announcement would take place in 2016, and just drop specs and development news overtime.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Nintendo NX will be a system with actual good hardware and Nintendo will actually work with 3rd Party devs to make sure they have actual games on the system instead of months without a single game release. And maybe they will actually advertise for this system so they can actually get it moving, instead of farting out a few ads every couple of months.

Reactions: Deleted User

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for being gone all summer! Back now, though, and I do have a bit of NX news!

What we know (off the top of my head)
  • Processor for next home console will most likely be manufactured by AMD, NOT IBM as with previous consoles
  • The next console is NOT being solely designed by anyone at Nintendo (Miyamoto typically designed in the past), they are bringing in people from AMD to help
  • "NX" is most likely not a console itself, but the OS/platform consoles will run on (similar to iOS)
  • It IS NOT a "Fusion" console (i.e. a portable console that has a base station that will turn it into a home console)
  • Nintendo recently published a patent for a console without a disk drive or cartridge slot. This may be a patent for a Wii U refresh, or it may be an early NX design.
What we can assume based on this
  • PowerPC architecture is very clearly a dead end, and AMD would most likely never be caught dead designing a console with PowerPC. Because of that, they will most likely design it so that both home and portable console branches use either x86 or ARM. Because it is very difficult to downscale x86 for portable use in a useful way, both consoles will MOST LIKELY use ARM (significantly upscaled/overclocked for home version)
  • We will most likely get one console and one portable in the NX lineup to start, and eventually get different versions running the same firmware later on (again, similar to iOS, PC, etc. Best recent example would be Windows, running on both phones and PCs with minimal differences)

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'd be surprised if they didn't release the NX in 2016, they have a history of releasing thd console the year after they've announced it.
I'll buy it no matter what it is, I'd buy a shiny piece of shit if it had a picture of Mario from them. I'm a bit of a Nintendo mug like that.
My hopes for the console:
It's 2015 - about time they sorted an actual NN out, outsource it to DeNa or someone if need be.
Cross buy purchases (like the iPhone) If It's bought on WiiU I should have it available on NX
I'm not a graphics whore but everybody else seems to be so a console atleast on par with PS4.
A Normal controller would be nice - Console must have removable HDD's because the Wii U offering was a joke.
Real first party titles people want - Metroid - Zelda - Wave Race - Pokemon etc the list goes on.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd be surprised if they didn't release the NX in 2016, they have a history of releasing thd console the year after they've announced it.
I'll buy it no matter what it is, I'd buy a shiny piece of shit if it had a picture of Mario from them. I'm a bit of a Nintendo mug like that.
My hopes for the console:
It's 2015 - about time they sorted an actual NN out, outsource it to DeNa or someone if need be.
Cross buy purchases (like the iPhone) If It's bought on WiiU I should have it available on NX
I'm not a graphics whore but everybody else seems to be so a console atleast on par with PS4.
A Normal controller would be nice - Console must have removable HDD's because the Wii U offering was a joke.
Real first party titles people want - Metroid - Zelda - Wave Race - Pokemon etc the list goes on.
Oh, yeah, they already announced that they are restructuring the Nintendo Network and letting DeNA handle it. So expect the NN to be a little more iPhone-esque and possibly more like XBox Live, possibly?

Reactions: Doran754

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can E3 2016 get here so we can get more official news? :yay:

Do you think any news could be possible at the Tokyo Game Show? I'm already looking forward to what Sega has to say according to rumors, so TGS could be just as exciting as this past E3.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Possibly, but I doubt it (unless it's next year), as Nintendo has gone on record saying that they would not say anything official until 2016 so that their ideas wouldn't get stolen

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cant be assed to read this whole thread, but I had a horrible thought in the shower this morning. (no jokes, children).

What if nintendo is going the route of some like the Sega CD or Sega 32X? Like Nintendo making something that attaches to the Wiiu and makes it more powerful or something. Again, baseless and speculatory, but scary. I really dont see them going this way, but just something I thought of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)