OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=23660

At the moment all you can do is fall and deploy your parashoot and read the instructions, but it's pretty much the basics of the game. As in the changlog it has:
Basic engine working.
Parashoot animation.
Eye animation.
Instructions from the official game.
False start when you press A before "Go".
Graphics ripped from the original by me.

YoshiInAVoid

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
When I have a bit more done I will try it.

I have worked with NIFI alot and think it should be fairly easy. Just send the Y position of the other player back and forth and Set the sprites Y position to that.

Unfortunatly I can't have DS download which is what I wanted because no one has cracked it yet
frown.gif
(Correct me if I'm wrong)

Thanks for all the comments people, I have done most of my homework and should be able to work on this a bit more tommorow.

For the next version I hope to add AL, transitions for the 3, 2, 1, Go! Text and also have a small menu to extend the game a bit more so as you can actually do somthing.

EDIT: Also could someone please rip the music from the original game, (link in the first post), because I am not sure how to do that.

YoshiInAVoid

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
Lol, no one has time to try it out.

Anyway, there is a screen shot and changelog on the file trip link. Here it is anyway for all you lazy people:
23660-BaseJumpingScreen.png

EDIT:

I also need a little help with graphics. If someone could please rip some and resize them to work on the DS I will give full credit. I will also PM you all my current graphics so you can tidy them up.

YoshiInAVoid

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
So far it is more of an idea than demo but that will all change in the next update! So you arn't missing much from not being able to play the current version. But it does show the main engine in action with all the graphics I will need.

Next demo will be soon, here are some of the changes I have already added into it which will be in the next version:

-Fixed the bug where you still have orange rather than blue eyelids when you have a false start and have just blinked.
-Added the purple layout background in.
-Added a menu with fade in and out transitions.
-Tweaked a few values like the gravity and speed the parashoot comes out and how slower you get when you use the parashoot the X position you are at and some other things.
-You can now either pass or fail the test.
-Changed the font.

I need to get these other things before I post the next demo though:

-Smoother eye movement other than just jumping there straight away.
-Credits.

When I have that working the rest of the game will just make it's self!

In the future updates I will add:

-Multiplayer.
-Computer to play against you.
-Highscores.
-Fix some bugs and glitches in mostly the menu.
-Health bar
-Coins
-Maby powerups?

I would say from when the next update is ready I will be around %25 of the whole game done.

snailmail152

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool, I love this game on miniclip,. Now its on the DS!! great work, sadly I can't play it since I updated my DSI XL so now my card doesn't work :/

YoshiInAVoid

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
Cool, it made it to the front page of gba temp
smile.gif
Thanks who ever did that, (I don't yet know who runs the place.)

Anyway thanks for all the comments.

I have got the DS to play against you, it uses the same logic as you do, but it jumps at a random time and all the CPU stuff is stored in an array of each CPU you play against. Un fortunatally if I keep the purpley background in to keep the scores and stuff, I can only fit about 3 people on, encluding yourself. So I am trying to get the background to scroll away when you get to the 3, 2, 1, GO! Bit and come back again when you land to change the scores, a bit like when you start a race in mario kart ds and the list of plays scroll into the side in order of who is in first, second and so on.

I have some maths homework now so the update will have to come later on in the week when everything is perfect.

YoshiInAVoid

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
I hate to post three times in a row but...

I have finally added CPU's to play against!

You can try out new updates over here as always:
http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=23812

QUOTE said:
Change log (v1.2):

The first demo of playing against others! I have added them in at League 1, when you beat the exam.

Just so you know, you are always the one on the far left.

The CPU's seem perfect, I could only see one bug where if you don't jump or get a false start in League 1, you can still see thier parashoots but it's not that annoying and can be fixed later.

I have not yet added in eye animation for the CPU's but you bearly notice.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
nice just tried that latest version, pretty cool. Very true to the original. I presume your next steps will be to:
Allow fail if you do not deploy parachute.
Add ranking (as in 1st 2nd 3rd & 4th place)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Happy birthday!