Homebrew [Banwave 5/26]Is it still safe to play my 3DS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joten

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if it's banned or not.

I disabled wifi and spotpass (deleted a few things from streetpass as well because you can never be too careful)

I really wanna get back to playing my legit copy of Kingdom Hearts 3D and my non-legit copy of Planet Robobot (I lost my legit physical game cartridge).

Is it safe to play my 3DS?

joten

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure why a new thread was made for this. This needs to be in the discussion thread where you'll get a solid answer.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Ah... then again, why not have a thread for noobs like me to know for sure whether or not it's okay for them to play their 3ds again without having to sift through 200+ pages of bickering and fear?

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Ah... then again, why not have a thread for noobs like me to know for sure whether or not it's okay for them to play their 3ds again without having to sift through 200+ pages of bickering and fear?
How about no, there's no such thing as privileged people who need separate threads for a simple no. There's no actual target on what's causing it. So it's safe to assume if you're not banned now, you will be eventually in the second wave. Doesn't matter if you're legit or not, both are targeted if you have used some sort of exploit. Also so you know it's 200 pages of people saying no for online play, yet you made a new thread. Lol.

And why would offline games be affected in any way? You bought the console as a consumer, all they can do is restrict your online play regardless of what ban they impose.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited by Misledz,

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Alright, alright. I'll be fine if a mod deletes this thread. Sorry.
Threads arent deleted, they just get locked, thats why most users hate it when duplicate threads are made.
Of course, this isnt all on you and you clearly are a new member, but a thought for the next time you have a question.

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As for some actually helpful information, because the bans are so random, it's hard to know anything for sure. Even if you go back online and find that you're not banned, you still could be on a "pending ban" list and may get banned later.

If current theories are correct, Nintendo is banning based on Title IDs being played on your 3DS, and doesn't have a surefire way of knowing whether or not you're running CFW.

If you're running a homebrew like FBI off of the home menu, from an installed CIA, that Title ID shows up in your Activity Log and on your Friend's List. Nintendo may be banning based on this.

So your safest bet, in my opinion, if you want to play online is:
1) Disable sharing data with Nintendo in your Spotpass settings. Also go into your Friend List settings and disable sharing which game you've been playing.

2) If you're on 11.4, set up an exploit like oothax so you can launch the homebrew launcher.
11.3 and below can use soundhax instead.

3) Delete any homebrew titles from your 3DS that have been installed from CIAs. You can use FBI for this, use the 3dsx version. You could also delete them from your system settings, but some people say this still leaves traces of your previously installed title ids behind. You're better off uninstalling them with FBI.

4) Delete any CIA titles you have installed that you haven't gotten legitimately.
We don't know whether or not this is actually necessary yet. But there's a possibility that Nintendo could see whether you are using a cart or CIA. They could be checking title ids against a list of what you should own from the eShop. They could also potentially see if you're playing a game that was only released on a cart, as a CIA. They could also be checking whether the title you're playing matches your console's region. The fact is there could be a large number of things they are checking for and nobody in the homebrew community has a list of what they are. So if you want to live life dangerously, leave them installed. If you want to play it safe, delete them.

5) Wipe your activity log (there's a 3DS homebrew app called Cthulu that can do this. Use the 3dsx version.)

6) You THEORETICALLY should be safe to play online (BUT we don't have any solid proof of this, and if you get banned later we have no way of knowing whether it was because you went back online or if you were already on a list to be banned...)

Reactions: droople

droople

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
As for some actually helpful information, because the bans are so random, it's hard to know anything for sure. Even if you go back online and find that you're not banned, you still could be on a "pending ban" list and may get banned later.

If current theories are correct, Nintendo is banning based on Title IDs being played on your 3DS, and doesn't have a surefire way of knowing whether or not you're running CFW.

If you're running a homebrew like FBI off of the home menu, from an installed CIA, that Title ID shows up in your Activity Log and on your Friend's List. Nintendo may be banning based on this.

So your safest bet, in my opinion, if you want to play online is:
1) Disable sharing data with Nintendo in your Spotpass settings. Also go into your Friend List settings and disable sharing which game you've been playing.

2) If you're on 11.4, set up an exploit like oothax so you can launch the homebrew launcher.
11.3 and below can use soundhax instead.

3) Delete any homebrew titles from your 3DS that have been installed from CIAs. You can use FBI for this, use the 3dsx version. You could also delete them from your system settings, but some people say this still leaves traces of your previously installed title ids behind. You're better off uninstalling them with FBI.

4) Delete any CIA titles you have installed that you haven't gotten legitimately.
We don't know whether or not this is actually necessary yet. But there's a possibility that Nintendo could see whether you are using a cart or CIA. They could be checking title ids against a list of what you should own from the eShop. They could also potentially see if you're playing a game that was only released on a cart, as a CIA. They could also be checking whether the title you're playing matches your console's region. The fact is there could be a large number of things they are checking for and nobody in the homebrew community has a list of what they are. So if you want to live life dangerously, leave them installed. If you want to play it safe, delete them.

5) Wipe your activity log (there's a 3DS homebrew app called Cthulu that can do this. Use the 3dsx version.)

6) You THEORETICALLY should be safe to play online (BUT we don't have any solid proof of this, and if you get banned later we have no way of knowing whether it was because you went back online or if you were already on a list to be banned...)
nice guide!
But how to delete FBI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome