Hacking Banned on Splatoon?

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fairly certain each console has a signed cert now so you couldn't "spoof" without making it invalid, need an actual new console since you can't generate a new one either, can't use the same one that someone else has cause one(both?) will get banned if both are online at the same time, basically what @shinyquagsire23 is saying up above

Reactions: H1kky3_Chomi

iAqua

OP
Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
fairly certain each console has a signed cert now so you couldn't "spoof" without making it invalid, need an actual new console since you can't generate a new one either, can't use the same one that someone else has cause one(both?) will get banned if both are online at the same time
If it's kinda the same system as the 3ds, we're able to unban it right? With IOSU access we should be able to theoretically..

Miguel0503

Trophies
XP
Country
Excuse me, I have a question.

Today I get a ban with this error ban code: 106-0346

And the question is : Is there any way to get unbanned from Splatoon with this error ban code?

SonicCloud

miss americana.
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Since the bans about the colorizer happened in May, users who have been banned have been hanging with the word "Wait for IOSU"
IOSU has came, has there been any news about unbanning yourself? Ninty told me on July 11th to check 2 weeks later and see if im banned...Its almost December now wtf

Reactions: HaloEffect17

SonicCloud

miss americana.
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
No new developments in unbanning yet I assume?
Afaik a channel called RiruGreen once did a stream about how he did got unbanned himself. Sadly ; He deleted that stream and i dont even have a link about that. I remember the guy created a emuNAND tho'.
HOWEVER:

On this video:

The guy uses redNAND and sysConfigTool to get online in Splatoon. Sadly this method is also dead and overall it got someone on the comments console banned. Besides nobody knows how to do this and why his Gamepad is always doing the sync thing when you turn it on for the first time.

I guess if we use TCPGecko in some way it could spoof Wii U serial number. The problem here is that NWPlayer123 said you would need a valid Serial Number (obvs from another console) and if Nintendo saw both Serial Numbers at online or even serial numbers playing a different game online , both consoles would get banned.
Probably it could also be something stored in the Friend List , since at 3DS the Localfriendcodeseed would work to unban yourself and it hasn't been a report of consoles being banned after this.
It could also be that Wii U uses a nnidsave.bin too. But then again ; 3DS and Wii U are different , so this is unknown (and sorry if im saying stupid stuff here).

Probably on Japanese forums something may be about unbanning yourself. Atleast most of the videos of hacking online at Splatoon i have seen are Japanese so...

tl;dr - Its unknown , every method known is dead , Spoof serial number is impossible and maybe japanese people know how to unban yourself

Last edited by SonicCloud,

HaloEffect17

Hiya!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tl;dr - Its unknown , every method known is dead , Spoof serial number is impossible and maybe japanese people know how to unban yourself
Well, thanks for the update. Hopefully, in the near future we'd see an unbanning method akin to the 3DS. And with Nintendo continuing to keep the Wii U servers alive during the Switch's life span, it doesn't hurt to be at least optimistic.

Reactions: Duckling

HaloEffect17

Hiya!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe someone could decipher exactly what is going on here? @SonicCloud, what are your thoughts?
So, after taking a look at it again, it seems like he is using HxD to change the Wii U model number to something else (obviously don't copy his unique number as it will result in 2 of the same serials). So, one can I guess change it to 454545455 for example... the translation of the video description says "change to an appropriate number". Kind of concerned whether it will work or not, but obviously if you were to try it, make sure you are in redNAND as you are modifying system files and if you happen to brick redNAND, you can inject your backup.

Note: I will explain it assuming Rednand is introduced.

Description below

I. Create a text file

Changed mlc.txt of text file extension to mlc.img

Run II.sdio_nand_extractor as administrator

Change to MLC when the right of Select a NAND is SLC (SLCCMPT)

To the right of SD select the drive of SD card with Rednand

Press [...] and select mlc.img created with Ⅰ Click Dump

Leave until Dump process finished is displayed

Ⅲ. Open the dumped file with a binary editor (this time using HxD)

Search the serial number written on the back of WiiU

Change the serial number retrieved and changed to an appropriate number and save

Inject mlc.img edited in Ⅳ. Ⅲ using sdio_nand_extractor

Leave until Injectprocess finishedMBs is displayed

Ⅴ. Insert SD card and start Rednand

Ⅵ. Run wupclientMod (installation requires python 2. x)

Enter the ip address of WiiU and click Enter ip wiiu connect

Right-click sys_prod.xml in system_slc → config → Copy

Mode PC / WiiU click → right click paste

Ⅶ. Open sys_prod.xml with a text editor (notepad this time)

Search serial number written on the back of WiiU

Enter the same serial number as when changing mlc.img Save

Convert sys_prod.xml into config in the reverse order of VI. VI

Ix. Enter the setting after inserting the file

Return to Wii menu from setting

Successful when the connection between the WiiU and the game pad is cut off on the way back

Register WiiU and Gamepad again and create a new account and NNID, you can go online.

Last edited by HaloEffect17,
Reactions: iAqua

SonicCloud

miss americana.
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So, after taking a look at it again, it seems like he is using HxD to change the Wii U model number to something else (obviously don't copy his unique number as it will result in 2 of the same serials). So, one can I guess change it to 454545455 for example... the translation of the video description says "change to an appropriate number".

Note: I will explain it assuming Rednand is introduced.

Description below

I. Create a text file

Changed mlc.txt of text file extension to mlc.img

Run II.sdio_nand_extractor as administrator

Change to MLC when the right of Select a NAND is SLC (SLCCMPT)

To the right of SD select the drive of SD card with Rednand

Press [...] and select mlc.img created with Ⅰ Click Dump

Leave until Dump process finished is displayed

Ⅲ. Open the dumped file with a binary editor (this time using HxD)

Search the serial number written on the back of WiiU

Change the serial number retrieved and changed to an appropriate number and save

Inject mlc.img edited in Ⅳ. Ⅲ using sdio_nand_extractor

Leave until Injectprocess finishedMBs is displayed

Ⅴ. Insert SD card and start Rednand

Ⅵ. Run wupclientMod (installation requires python 2. x)

Enter the ip address of WiiU and click Enter ip wiiu connect

Right-click sys_prod.xml in system_slc → config → Copy

Mode PC / WiiU click → right click paste

Ⅶ. Open sys_prod.xml with a text editor (notepad this time)

Search serial number written on the back of WiiU

Enter the same serial number as when changing mlc.img Save

Convert sys_prod.xml into config in the reverse order of VI. VI

Ix. Enter the setting after inserting the file

Return to Wii menu from setting

Successful when the connection between the WiiU and the game pad is cut off on the way back

Register WiiU and Gamepad again and create a new account and NNID, you can go online.
AHEM! Excuse me , i have been busy that i couldnt write a reply!
Basically we need to extract the MLC , then open in HxD and edit the Wii U serial number , then inject MLC , and then go into redNAND , then edit sys_prod.xml and inject with wupclientmod and then go back to Wii U menu and create a new NNID .

This could work , however , i cant test this as i currently dont have a 64GB SD Card

HaloEffect17

Hiya!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
AHEM! Excuse me , i have been busy that i couldnt write a reply!
Basically we need to extract the MLC , then open in HxD and edit the Wii U serial number , then inject MLC , and then go into redNAND , then edit sys_prod.xml and inject with wupclientmod and then go back to Wii U menu and create a new NNID .

This could work , however , i cant test this as i currently dont have a 64GB SD Card
Alright, yeah that's basically what I took out of it as well. My only concern is that when we edit the serial to a random number in HxD, can we use our old NNIDs and resume playing? Also, do we always have to run redNAND before launching the Splatoon disc? Probably can't play on sysNAND as we didn't change the sys_prod.xml on sysNAND, but rather on redNAND.

SonicCloud

miss americana.
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Alright, yeah that's basically what I took out of it as well. My only concern is that when we edit the serial to a random number in HxD, can we use our old NNIDs and resume playing? Also, do we always have to run redNAND before launching the Splatoon disc? Probably not sysNAND as we didn't change the sys_prod.xml on sysNAND, but rather on redNAND.
I dont think so , that could be because if Ninty sees your old NNID with a different Serial Number , its obvious something bad is going there.
And yes , you have to forcedly launch redNAND or your sysNAND with sig patches (pretending this unbanning method could work on sysnand with sigpatches)

Reactions: HaloEffect17

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Those IHOP chips are actually pretty damn good
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They're made with left over pancake/wafle batter, that's been sitting out all day.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    3 hours on a riding lawn mower, my butt is numb and my whole body is still vibrating. Gonna be a long summer. :cry: I just need to buy some goats.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Did you leave your buttplug in?
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi
    +3
  • Flame @ Flame:
    Ancientboi at it again.
    +2
  • Flame @ Flame:
    is it a bird is it a plane... no its Ancientboi banging your ass away !
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Took along time to fit it in?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Snow days $25 on steam may grab it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Measuring sizes with AncientBoi, I see.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny