Bandai Namco Announces Three Future Exclusives For Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by HaloEliteLegend, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Shady Guy Jose

Shady Guy Jose GBAtemp Fan

Sep 14, 2008
    Portugal
    Abyss was ported to the 3DS, so a Switch release is unlikely. If they were doing a straight port, Zesteria would be the one, most likely. Maybe a Zestiria/Berseria double pack.

Sonic Angel Knight likes this.
  2. Futurdreamz

Futurdreamz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 15, 2014
    Canada
    I dare you to find a 2TB MicroSD card that a) is not infinetly more expensive than a 2TB HDD and b) actually exists and is available for purchase.

3. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Fix the translation.... The game is filled with awkward sounding lines? The Characters speak japanese, there is no english version, or maybe I'm playing the wrong game. I downloaded it from playstation store, no one speaks english in that game, is why I haven't played it in so long. :unsure:

Well Tales games on nintendo systems seem like a very rare thing for some reason, I mean they had the first one for SNES and GBA then some NDS Japanese exclusive ones, and ton others we never got to play "NARAKIRI DUNGEON, Raident mythology" But some HD collections of games would be better. The switch would be a very attractive system if they had RPG Games on it. :P

4. RedBlueGreen

RedBlueGreen GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 10, 2015
    Canada
    I mean the English text has a lot of stuff phrased really akwardly. Like it's a fan translation made by someone who isn't fluent in English.

5. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Maybe someone who knows more about this would be able to explain.... @Chary :ninja:

6. Chary

Chary Never sleeps.

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    It seems like it was a really budget localization. I don't know much, but I do know it's one of the few, if only, Tales games to NOT get an english audio dub. It also has a bunch of super stiff lines, as said by @RedBlueGreen that sound like it was made by a team that didn't really have mastery of the english language.

I think there's also a few weird bits in the game where lines are over-extended. Things like an audio line saying "thank you" in Japanese being localized as an entire block of text, which is wholly unneeded. It's not as bad as the SAO:HF game that came out around the same time (also by Namco) but it could do with a new retranslation.

I fully would wish for Abyss or Vesperia on the Switch, one already got a port on the previous system, and the other is likely impossible to ever happen.

DarthDub and RedBlueGreen like this.
  7. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Well i just read on wikipdeia the english dub was omitted due to the file size limit of the vita card, and fan feedback. Though I would have liked to see a english dub to be honest.

8. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    Currently 400GB is the largest available micro sd card at $200, but they did just release 2 months ago, so we can expect that price to drop as the months go on. I also suspect we'll see a 512GB micro SD card within a year or so, and probably the first 1TB micro SD card within 2 or 3 years. Yah, you can't even get a 2TB card yet, but its nice that these devices are future proof for when you will be able to do such a thing. Frustrating for now i suppose.

I don’t mind that the Switch can't connect to USB hard drives, it's just frustrating that micro SD card tech isn't as advanced yet as we'd like it to be.

9. KingVamp

KingVamp Great... AETHER!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Still, USB hard drives should really be an option.

10. Futurdreamz

Futurdreamz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 15, 2014
    Canada
    Anybody up to explaining to a five year old kid why they can't play Oddyssey in the car?

DarthDub likes this.
  11. KingVamp

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Or just don't save the games he is allowed to play on a (should be) optional hard drive. Not to mention, not everyone carry around every single game with them, so you going have to explain either way.

12. Shady Guy Jose

Shady Guy Jose GBAtemp Fan

Sep 14, 2008
    Portugal
    You're forgetting Symphonia on the GameCube, which single-handedly launched the series into the spotlight in the West (as well as its lesser-known sequel on the original Wii). You already mentioned Phantasia on the SNES (JP-only) and GBA. There were also three JP-only DS titles, the 3DS version of Abyss, and the original version of Graces, which was on the Wii, but also only released in Japan. So, in fact, there were quite a lot of games on Nintendo platforms, but fan translations aside, only 4 got official releases in English, two of them being ports, of which one was the first official English version, though. So yeah, a Switch title would be great, especially if it isn't a port. Unless they wanna port Destiny 2 and/or Rebirth, and finally release those in English (a guy can dream :P )

13. KingVamp

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    More good news.

14. Captain_N

Captain_N GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 29, 2010
    United States
    crapcom you dont impress me much. when monster hunter worlds is on the switch then ill be impressed. and Namco where is a main stream tales of game on switch?

15. KingVamp

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Honestly, I want the next Phoenix Wright more than the Monster Hunters.

16. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    and everyone said the switch wouldn't get any exclusives...oh maybe they were referring to the 1x?! :lol:

17. B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N

B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N I have graced this thread with my presence.

Jun 7, 2016
    United States
    Hell
    Ultra Street Fighter II a smash hit? Eh, I guess. Street Fighter II is the grand-daddy of most modern fighting games, but you can kinda tell, looking at the animations, which, even when re-drawn for the game, still look a bit janky.

I kinda would've preferred something akin to a Street Fighter III remake. That game had smooth-ass animations. And parrying.

Sonic Angel Knight likes this.
  18. xMusicax

xMusicax Member

Newcomer
    May 27, 2017
    United States
    I need me a tales of game for my switch

19. ploggy

ploggy WAKA! WAKA!

Aug 29, 2007
    United Kingdom
  20. Sonic Angel Knight