Baka & Test Portable - English Translation Project

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by FShadow, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Kotomine Kirei

Kotomine Kirei GBAtemp Regular

May 21, 2015
    United States
    If they keep it as Fumizuki, I think that it would be okay to use it without "Academy" added to it.
    Though having Fumizuki appear during its first mention as "Fumizuki Academy" might be better if it is possible.
    Also, if I am correct, proper nouns normally stay mostly the same even when translated.

If they did go with "July Academy", they could probably just abbreviate it.

With the example of "Computer School", since "computer" is recognized as a common noun that would be somewhat odd to see by itself, but it could still work since it is "Computer" rather than "computer", which shows that it is being used as a proper noun rather than as a common noun.
    Also, people often use the names of organizations without anything else (e.g. Harvard, Yale, and Princeton; Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo) and still know what they are.

With "July Academy" however, it is more complicated, as July is already a proper noun that commonly refers to a month and so could possibly cause confusion.
    Though, as I said, they could just go with a shorter form of it.

Last edited by Kotomine Kirei, Aug 7, 2017

2. Nyandere2320

Nyandere2320 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2017
    Australia
    Since, well i havent played the baka to test portable game, this is just based on assumption, but in the prologue it would be logical for them to have said Fumizuki Academy, again, this is just based off assumption, but if it does tell you that in the prologue, all of this wouldnt really be an issue because then everyone would have been given the context of what they used Fumizuki for...... just an example: This is Fumizuki Academy, one of the worlds finest prep schools "baka to test, season 1, episode 1, litterally the 1st thing they say," will then give them the right context of the word, and would stop all of this pointless debate XD.
    All i can say, is wait for me to watch the prologue video and ill see if this theory solves it (if you havent already)

.-. it doesnt.. fuuuuuuuu******

Last edited by Nyandere2320, Aug 7, 2017
  3. Kotomine Kirei

Kotomine Kirei GBAtemp Regular

May 21, 2015
    United States
    That is unfortunate.
    When is Fumizuki first mentioned in the game though?

4. Abu_Senpai

Abu_Senpai The Red King

Jul 13, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Tokyo
    i Came across some news today which i figured any fan of Baka & test would want to now about so here you go:

Baka and Test Complete Blu-ray Disc Box Set in Japan Features New 'Mini Anime'

Open me

Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/news...-set-in-japan-features-new-mini-anime/.120881

I am stoked to watch these new episodes!:wub:

5. CallmeBerto

CallmeBerto The "Lone Wanderer"

GBAtemp Patron
    CallmeBerto is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 1, 2017
    United States
    USA
    This is why I watch online.

300 bucks for this is beyond insane. Should be 60 MAX

Abu_Senpai likes this.
  6. Abu_Senpai

Abu_Senpai The Red King

Jul 13, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Tokyo
    Yeah anime is expensive as hell

7. movileanu12x

movileanu12x Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2013
    Romania
    so how is the progress now? a problem appeared again?