Homebrew BAGPlug (SCDS2 Entry)

Boriar

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible to use the cover from SunOL: 214x192, 24bit, png?

Also, I know it's no mandatory for you but I like very much SunOL posibility to show Logo's and screenshot's for any game. May be sometime you implement that?
If yes it will be very usefull to use the same parametres from SunOL because the huge space for all images
rolleyes.gif
to duplicate they.

Razor1993

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
MANUAL said:
*Notes*
FAT16 is highly recommended over FAT32 for a considerable speed boost in loading and browsing. The Supercard seems to support FAT16 using 64kb clusters which should cover sd cards up to 2tb.

Its not possible to Format a SD KART Up to 4GB to Fat16!
and there isnt an option on windows to Format the SD Kart to Fat16 (FAT)
or is it possible with free tools to format the Card to Fat16??????
Thx!

Aguilera_87

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
khlavkalash.wordpress.com
XP
Country
hi, i can try to do a complete pack of covers, i have all covers and I only need to know whats the better format and size to put in the pack

i have 220x200 jpg, but I read and i know that i must change to png or bmp... and 150 to height can be good??

nathancnc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will only read covers that are png and bmp........ please do png, its a much smaller file size.

Also:

Is it possible to add covers for all my GBA, and Gameboy games........ and if yes, How????

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
BassAceGold said:
ipod and iphone backgrounds work great. They are already the same aspect ratio so all they need is a re-size and then are good to go.
I made one last night
http://filetrip.net/f24560-Lucario-theme-f...AGPlug-1-0.html
It's not the best and since I am color blind, I didn't change the colors, so it's still a work in progress

EDIT: I just remembered something. Last night we were trying to figure out how to reset and have it boot back into the BAGPlug instead of the DS Game menu and then I remembered that in the first releases of the DSTwo when you reset it would do just that. Just wondering if anyone know why it did that? If so we could possibly use a file from that and use the same principle.

Aguilera_87

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Hi!

I finish the CoversPack, with 5631 covers, 32 bit png and 175x160 px (the same size that the cover at first post scan)

but now my upload speed are tooo slow, and sometimes fail, im uploading to megaupload in 4 parts of 95Mb and 1 of 20Mb (cause i cant stay more than 5 hours uploading 1 part of 400Mb to probably have an error and restart again...)

I copy here this links when they are ready

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Aguilera_87 said:
Hi!

I finish the CoversPack, with 5631 covers, 32 bit png and 175x160 px (the same size that the cover at first post scan)

but now my upload speed are tooo slow, and sometimes fail, im uploading to megaupload in 4 parts of 95Mb and 1 of 20Mb (cause i cant stay more than 5 hours uploading 1 part of 400Mb to probably have an error and restart again...)

why not filetrip.net?

btw anyone got the covers to work? i don't know what im doing wrong but i can never get the covers to show up if i select a game (before launching it)

Aguilera_87

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
BassAceGold said:
The menu will read the nds header (commercial roms only) for the game ID which is a series of 4 characters, and use those 4 characters to find the cover art rather than the rom file name. This makes it so that only one database of covers would be needed for all rom files regardless of their file names.

great! I think its better if I could rename the images names of my coverpack for this ID's

the ID for this game (http://scene.releases.free.fr/index.php?pa...=nds&g=5494)

is BL9P ??

the 4 characters that are between in the SERIAL??

anyways im auto geting this info with imacros, the batch to rename the images its other thing and I think I'll need help for that... XD

freestile

Trophies
https://www.youtube.com/user/freestilesteve
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
This is turning out great. Not to mention the fact that you can load commercial roms with no problem.
I haven't even spent time to organize my covers are anything. Now if only Imenu had where you can
load commerical roms, that would be great. Seems with Imenu that you have t do it with some
loader and edit a few files. With this new bagplug release I was able just to pick my nds rom from
my gamepak folder on my dstwo and launch with no problem, although it would direct back to dstwo.nds
I believe to load the game. Still cool though. Still like the whole Imenu look, but with the easeability
of this one. not to mention with the ease of launching commerical roms, I might start messing with this one a little more, although with the dual boot function its nice, cause then you can choose whichever you feel like loading. Great BassAceGold

Razor1993

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Razor1993 said:
MANUAL said:
*Notes*
FAT16 is highly recommended over FAT32 for a considerable speed boost in loading and browsing. The Supercard seems to support FAT16 using 64kb clusters which should cover sd cards up to 2tb.

Thx!

No One???

amaro999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Razor1993 said:
Razor1993 said:
MANUAL said:
*Notes*

Thx!

No One???

Windows XP won´t let you format anything larger than 2GB under FAT16. I used EASEUS PM to do the job, but I am sure there are plenty of free applications that allow you to format under FAT16.

Razor1993

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hmm i tryed EASEUS Partition Manager and i tryed to Format my 8GB Micro SD Kart.
and i Saw i couldnt choose fat16 Option becouse its not exist! just Fat32 , NTFS, EXTFAT, and so on.
but nothing about FAT16 or FAT.

and a second Question : if i couldnt use Fat16 i use Fat32! Wich Cluster Size is recomended for Supercard DSTWO with FAT32?

is Bigger Clustersize better or Smaller????
thx!

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Razor1993 said:
hmm i tryed EASEUS Partition Manager and i tryed to Format my 8GB Micro SD Kart.
and i Saw i couldnt choose fat16 Option becouse its not exist! just Fat32 , NTFS, EXTFAT, and so on.
but nothing about FAT16 or FAT.

and a second Question : if i couldnt use Fat16 i use Fat32! Wich Cluster Size is recomended for Supercard DSTWO with FAT32?

is Bigger Clustersize better or Smaller????
thx!

try FAT32 with 64KB clusters.

BassAceGold

Testicles
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Shabutie78 said:
awesome, thanks.
oh yeah, the option to show the internal game name works, however it literally displays the internal name - not the name displayed when you insert the legitimate cartridge.

for example for the game 999, rather than displaying
Nine Hours, Nine Persons,
Nine Doors
Aksys Games

it displays
999HRPERDOOR

i don't mean to nitpick, but was this intentional?

My bad, it won't be hard to fix.

Razor1993 said:
MANUAL said:
*Notes*

Thx!

In Windows 7 x64 I can format a 4gb card with 64k clusters fine. However 4gb is the limit for fat 16 apparently with 2tb being a theoretical limit i assume. It is not necessary to use fat16 however it is much faster than fat32.

QUOTE(nathancnc @ Mar 27 2011, 06:01 AM) It will only read covers that are png and bmp........ please do png, its a much smaller file size.

Also:

Is it possible to add covers for all my GBA, and Gameboy games........ and if yes, How????

Yes it is possible to add covers for anything, just rename your cover images the exact same name as your files - gameboy game.gbc / gameboy game.png and set up a CoverArt.ini file for the folder with your games.

QUOTE(Aguilera_87 @ Mar 27 2011, 07:14 AM)
Hi!

You'll be able to save some space using 16 bit png files. Anything higher will just be down converted anyway on load due to the limitations of the NDS screens.

Aguilera_87

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
ok, i can try 16bit png, but I use a resizer to do this (jpg 220x200 to png 175x160) and havent option to choose 16 or 32 bits

but there is not problem, i think i can use photoshop script or other software (if u know any better to do this i like to get and try) but its not a problem i think..... "And now i have the images resized, i only need to change the quality, i think photoshop can do this fast with hundreds"

the problem is the game ID, can u reply my last post? thanks!!

~It@chi™

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks for your work BassAceGold but I see the wrong day of the week on top screen (example: today 27-03-2011 i see the monday)

P.s. please add in top screen 24 hour clock and I'm italian sorry for my bad english =)

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
when i set argument"s, where it says "file path"is that where i put say, F:\_bagui\coverart

or is it the [$FILEPATH$]

and also if i tried to view a .png it says "png file type not supported" even though the arg's are there (untouched)

(im tying to get the cover art's working
cry.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    LEOtck? Who's he? Never 'erd of the las. :)
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I only show the mirror to people and you all can't stand what you're seeing
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    bunch of bullies
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Narcissistic Personality Disorder 101
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I think that's what you have
    Thanks for providing further evidence of my claim in a single comment. lol.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    pff\
    You're a gaslighting narcissist. Everyone out to get you. You wont get professional help because you'll just chalk up their diagnosis as another conspiracy out to get you.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    leave me alone, I'm not going to engage with you anymore, bye
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    Motherfucker I was checked by a psychiatrist and there's nothing wrong with me
    okay. Bye. Thought you were leaving anyway. Why are you still around? You already said goodbye to everyone here.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so stop spurting your nonsense
    lol. liar.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    knock it off now, both of you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yea you're just a mean bully
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    he SHOULD
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and NOW
    liar, loudmouth, cussing and swearing, all angry
    ok. sorry. ill stop now. promise
    Sooo. How about Dune part 1 & 2? The cinematography is fantastic, but thats some of the most boring ass sci-fi Ive seen in my life.
    haven't seen both
    Im going to see the new Godzilla next week. Sure they aren't some cinematic masterpieces but the last few were all really great and fun popcorn flicks to see on the big screen.
    can't remember the last time I went to the cinemas
    Me neither, not precisely. I think the last one I went to was Top Gun Maverick
    Oh. Wait. I took my mom to see Elvis. I think that was the last time I went. I'll most likely see the new Planet of the Apes in a theater too.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Oh. Wait. I took my mom to see Elvis. I think that was the last time I went. I'll most likely...