Homebrew Backup Loader Error (Text Unreadable)

snkngshps

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every time I've tried to boot up a backup game I get an error. I've tried three different ISOs and haven't been to get any of them to work. Unfortunately I don't know what error to tell you that I've got because the text is unreadable. When I start the channel it says "Loading..." but then it says "Error: Set" and then the rest is unreadable. It looks like two lines of text overlapping one another.

I'm about 90% sure I installed everything correctly. I had downloaded the October update (stupidly) but I followed the instructions on downgrading and installing the CIOS. I'm pretty sure it worked because now when I test my connection the wii asks me to update (which I respectfully decline). Anyone know what could be wrong? Also, is there a way I can check what firmware I'm running and check if I did set everything up correctly?

P.S. There is a chance the error is in the DVD burning and not the Wii itself. I have had some issues burning the ISOs in ubuntu. I figured I would post about both ends of the problem. Here is the thread about my DVD burning issue: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=116421&st

snkngshps

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. I'm trying to remember where I found it.. it was from someone with the username jfjfjfjfjf or fgfgfgfgf.. something along those lines. It was a whole pack on how to downgrade from the october update, then install the CIOS, then install dvdx, then the loader channel. So far I haven't had any luck with it :-/

snkngshps

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I searched around and wasn't able to find a post about it.. is there a way I could just delete everything and start over? I'm not sure what all I would need to delete to do that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.