Hacking B9 Pre-Install Questions

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, I just finished backing up my N3DS mSD and am about to start SysNAND backup. I want to do the B9 install, but am a little scared because I read in another thread about bricks and crashes. I have no access to hardmod system if I brick. You guys think I will be ok to proceed? Help appreciated
emoji4.png

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
just go for it :) . Follow the steps as precise as you can. If you brick, don't worry. Just wait till NTRbootHac comes out (which nobody knows when it will be if it will ever be)
just patient and making sure everything is correct

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, thanks for the input everyone. Before I make the final push, will I still have access to the following:

- Luma
- JKSV for Pokemon save editing
- Freeshop and Freeshop CIAs
- CIA installed games

Thoughts appreciated :)

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SysNAND backup completed. Am kinda nervous, but hope it will work :)...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I am trying to download secret_sector.bin file with Deluge. It says "seeding", but doesn't seem to be downloading... What can I do? I found file in my Download directory, it says file size is 512 bytes? Is that correct?

Also, I am beginning prep work for B9 install. Guide says to download latest luma, but that is v8.1 and was released an hour ago. Is that one ok for B9 install?

Last edited by Skeet1983,

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
SysNAND backup completed. Am kinda nervous, but hope it will work :)...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I am trying to download secret_sector.bin file with Deluge. It says "seeding", but doesn't seem to be downloading... What can I do? I found file in my Download directory, it says file size is 512 bytes? Is that correct?

Also, I am beginning prep work for B9 install. Guide says to download latest luma, but that is v8.1 and was released an hour ago. Is that one ok for B9 install?
If you are still having problem, I just downloaded it and uploaded it here: forbidden

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I completed B9 Prep work in section 1 of B9 guide... Ready to proceed, but nervous... :unsure:
Safe to proceed? Also, once in B9. How do I update system firmware if I only have a B9 SysNAND? Is it safe to update SysNAND? Help GREATLY appreciated :)

Last edited by Skeet1983,

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I completed B9 Prep work in section 1 of B9 guide... Ready to proceed, but nervous... :unsure:
Safe to proceed? Also, once in B9. How do I update system firmware if I only have a B9 SysNAND? Is it safe to update SysNAND? Help GREATLY appreciated :)
If you have luma , you can safely update your sysnand

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I successfully installed B9 last night and backed up SysNAND before install. Now that B9 is on my N3DS and is working, should I backup SysNAND post install? I am now on SysNAND System Firmware 11.4. Before B9 install, System Firmware was 11.2. Thoughts appreciated :)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I usually back up my NAND after I've installed a bunch of games or before and after updates. tickets r stored in the NAND which is y it's a good policy to back it up every few weeks/months, but I think there r ways around that. games without tickets will appear red in FBI I believe.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou