Gaming Azure Striker Gunvolt Striker Pack Release August 31 on Eshop, With Retail Later This Fall!

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg

Inti Creates informed us that the digital download of Azure Striker Gunvolt Striker Pack for Nintendo Switch will be available on Nintendo Eshop on August 31 for $39.99 and €34.99. The retail version will be coming later in the fall to America and Europe and published by NightHawk Interactive and also cost the same price.

The game will feature upgrades not possible on 3DS, such as 60FPS, 1080P HD graphics, Higher resolution images and text for cutscenes, reworked User Interface for both games, and HD Rumble. The game will also feature all previously released DLC, multi-language support, rebalanced gameplay for both games, and new exclusive song performed by Lumen (a songstress character in the game) as well as the use of Shovel Knight Amiibo to do battle with the one and only himself.

This comes as a shock to me, knowing Yacht Club Games published the retail game for Nintendo 3DS, and the game features a exclusive Shovel Knight Amiibo function, not only that but Shovel Knight is in Blaster Master Zero, another game developed by Inti Creates. But enough about my concerns.

That’s right Strikers, it is official! We are happy to announce that we are working with publisher Nighthawk Interactive to bring you a physical version of the Azure Striker Gunvolt Striker Pack for Nintendo Switch in retail stores in North America and Europe this fall! The game will be available for $39.99, the same as the price of the digital version!

Of course, the digital version of the game will be still available next week on August 31, so if you’re itching for some Gunvolt you needn’t wait much longer! We will be providing updates on the physical version of the game, such as definite release date, in the coming weeks.

:arrow:SOURCE

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight, , Reason: Updated video trailer and price tag for euro currency. Video contains extended trailer and English localization gameplay.
Reactions: DarthDub and Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
DAMMIT! I want the physical version, but I don't want to wait any longer than I have to for Gunvolt on Switch.

I feel like the price is a little high with Gunvolt for $15 on Steam (without a sale), IMO $30 would've been the sweet spot for Gunvolt 1&2. Won't stop me from buying it, though.

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DAMMIT! I want the physical version, but I don't want to wait any longer than I have to for Gunvolt on Switch.

I feel like the price is a little high with Gunvolt for $15 on Steam (without a sale), IMO $30 would've been the sweet spot for Gunvolt 1&2. Won't stop me from buying it, though.
I guess, but it does have included DLC so maybe factors into it, not to mention is a upgrade.:)

S

Saiyan Lusitano

A lot of content for sure but it'd be more of an appealing price at $29.99 than $39.99.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
40$ is abit pushed imo im guessing since nintendo makes them have the same price for phisical and digital is the reason why its those 40$, altough they could have made like some other game and put it at 30$ e shop and retail for 40 with some addons like music or something else imo.

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
40$ is a bit pushed imo i'm guessing since nintendo makes them have the same price for physical and digital is the reason why its those 40$, although they could have made like some other game and put it at 30$ e shop and retail for 40 with some addons like music or something else imo.
The game comes included with previously released dlc and is also a upgrade. $10 difference is acknowledged, I dunno why such things like this happens, but look at games like Puyo Tetris, digital is $10 less while retail is $40, Cave story+ $15 on steam an $30 on switch.

$40 for Physical? That's cheap. Looking forward to this.
Yeah, it could be worst, of course $30 would been better. But I assume the fact inti creates needed a publisher plus those carts must not be cheap to have to use. :unsure:

I still wonder why they just didn't get Yacht club games to publish it again like they did with the 3DS game, maybe the sales for it wasn't as good.

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,
Reactions: DarthDub
S

Saiyan Lusitano

It doesn't come with a manual like Nicalis' games do so they could have easily made the effort of knocking $10 to make it $29.99.

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then most games should not have the price it has cause it doesn't come with a manual. Breath of the wild shouldn't be $60, it should be $50 cause of no manual. Most games have manuals either on the game data itself or online when possible. The game has tutorials that is enough for knowing how to play the game, and the idea of manuals was done away with games a few years ago.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Then most games should not have the price it has cause it doesn't come with a manual. Breath of the wild shouldn't be $60, it should be $50 cause of no manual. Most games have manuals either on the game data itself or online when possible. The game has tutorials that is enough for knowing how to play the game, and the idea of manuals was done away with games a few years ago.
You're missing the point. This is a retro-style game so to compete with the likes of other publishers they could have made the price more appealing.

$40 is overpriced for this regardless.

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're missing the point. This is a retro-style game so to compete with the likes of other publishers they could have made the price more appealing.

$40 is overpriced for this regardless.
$30 is over priced for cave story+ cause is Half the price on steam. Weather i miss the point or not, it won't change anything for anyone.

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated the OP with a new video, the video is extended trailer showing the english localization as well as narration of the games details and characters, and updated currency. $39.99 and €34.99.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Couldn't wait ofc, bought it digital. No regrets, I love this take on the Megaman formula. Naturally, it looks much better on Switch's screen than it did on 3DS. For the big screen, I already had ASGV on Steam, but it does seem to look slightly better in the Striker Pack none the less.

Now speculation time: with the cross-overs between SK and ASGV, I predict Azure Striker Gunvolt is one of the games Travis visits in NMH Switch.

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Couldn't wait ofc, bought it digital. No regrets, I love this take on the Megaman formula. Naturally, it looks much better on Switch's screen than it did on 3DS. For the big screen, I already had ASGV on Steam, but it does seem to look slightly better in the Striker Pack none the less.
The steam version is a direct port of the 3DS game, is outdated. The switch was improved drastically not only improved the HUD with new layout for the single screen game transition, but High res Images, and text, and using the kudos options from the second game in the first game, and arranged level design for balanced game play, according to the blog. The game is essentially Azure striker gunvolt DX Director's cut. :P

Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The steam version is a direct port of the 3DS game, is outdated. The switch was improved drastically not only improved the HUD with new layout for the single screen game transition, but High res Images, and text, and using the kudos options from the second game in the first game, and arranged level design for balanced game play, according to the blog. The game is essentially Azure striker gunvolt DX Director's cut. :P
I rescind my earlier critique on the price.

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I rescind my earlier critique on the price.
Of course, is a upgrade! $10 more for improvements. $39.99 for
  • Gameplay Upgraded from 30 FPS to 60 FPS
  • Entire DLC catalog from the 3DS version comes pre-loaded
  • HD Rumble Support
  • Screen layout has been completely redone
  • Brand new song for the Nintendo Switch Version
  • High resolution event graphics and in-game text
  • Adjustments to the game balance and general gameplay improvements (The Kudos system from Gunvolt 1 has been changed to the system from Gunvolt 2, adjustments have been made to some stages to balance out the difficulty, and other minor gameplay improvements have been added.)
  • Numerous language settings
  • Nintendo Switch Pro Controller Compatibility (A GOOD CONTROLLER)
giphy.webp

Reactions: Xzi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans