Hardware awful wii remote charging stand

sanchoquo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
dont bother buying the PEGA Wii Blue Light Charge Station With 2pcs 2800mAh Battery Pack
the batteries last about 2 and a half hours
the build quality is awful too, Im thinking of getting myself a nyko charging stand with 2 batteries
anyone with one reccomend it?

Icarus

fire walk with me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have the Nyko Charging stand and I'm loving it. The only downside is that I think it makes the Wiimote a little heavier. But besides that, It's so good and it lasts really long. It's really awesome.

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I bought a single USB charging wiimote battery on Play-asia and its quite good, the next order I do I shall get 3 more.
The main problem with rechargable batteries is they drain quicker on standby.

qwertyasdf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Doesn't the Nyko only have like a 1200mah battery on it? That will barely get you through a few hours worth of gameplay if you use the Nunchuck...

I'd recommend you guys to try the ones at http://www.emveegaming.com that have at least 1800mah if not the 2200 or the 2800mah models for maximum play time before needing a recharge...

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I haven't gotten one yet, but I plan on trying the Duracell Rechargeable Batteries with a thirty minute charger. I have heard good reviews on the product, and obviously you wouldn't just be limited to the Wii Remote either.

tomdarth5

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
what about this battery pack on the same site 3800 - wonder how long that'll last?

ohmy.gif

Oops sorry forgot the link
rofl2.gif

3800 battery pack

WildCard

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I haven't gotten one yet, but I plan on trying the Duracell Rechargeable Batteries with a thirty minute charger. I have heard good reviews on the product, and obviously you wouldn't just be limited to the Wii Remote either.

That's by far the best way to go. I mentioned this when Wii first came out. Just goto Target, grab the Duracell 15-minute quick charger set that comes with 4 2400mAh batteries ($25 I think). Then pay $10 for another 4-pak of 2650mAh and you are set. I love these things. They last 20+ hours on one charge and even if they die while playing, just take a 15 minute brake and you are good to go again.

You can also find these at all other electronic stores as well but I've never seen anyone other than Target selling the 4-pak for $10. Most other places are $15+

nloding

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The charge stations look cool, which is the only reason to get one, but personally I'm sticking with plain old rechargeable brand name batteries -- that way I can use them in everything from my TV remotes to my 360/Wii controllers.

The charge stations look cool, but aren't worth the $$$$.

gamez2003

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
BEWARE: Most rechargable battery packs are AAA with overrated mAh. I have had this experience with so many battery packs, I speak from experience.

the Nyko ones seem to be custom battery packs but I have not seen one in person to make that judgement. ie. cutom built meaning they are made to store the most amount of power and are the best to get. I was actually very interested in getting these as they look like a good quality built but for the asking price I dont think I could sell them.

AAA batteries are normally 1000mAh if that and I believe the max would be around 1500mAh.

This also goes for xbox 360 battery packs ect. Overrated mAh

And also dont buy cheap rechargeable batteries claiming to be 3600mAh ect. especially when their origin is china as they are normally over rated.

If you are in Australia the Digitor (Dick Smith Brand) has gotten some good reviews.

NiMH are the type you want. Do Rechargable Lithium batteries come in AA sizes ect? I havnt seen any but I know phones ect. use them alot they are the best type to get if they do come in rechargeable AA size cells.

Personally i get the battery packs because my brothers and sisters always raid my console controllers for AA batteries so f I use a pack they cant use it
tongue.gif

Gifted1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why don't ya'll just get rechargeable batteries? The 2500mAh Duracel batteries last a good 2 weeks for me everytime. They are much better than those wiimote recharge stations.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.