Hacking Awesome WiiU hacking theories!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
upscale at 1080p and rendered at 1080p is two different thing.
Dolphin is rendering the picture at 1080p, so there are a lot of details.

I don't know if WiiU is upscaling the 480p to 1080p (stretching the picture to fit the resolution), or rendering at 1080p, or a mix of both as users reported that it looks better and crisper.
I didn't test it yet.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
Reggie said that Wii mode wouldn't be rendered at 1080p. My guess is that it's up-scaled if it's looking a bit crisper, but it could just be people wanting it to look crisper that makes them think it does, or they may not have used a component cable on the Wii.

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
upscale at 1080p and rendered at 1080p is two different thing.
Dolphin is rendering the picture at 1080p, so there are a lot of details.

I don't know if WiiU is upscaling the 480p to 1080p (stretching the picture to fit the resolution), or rendering at 1080p, or a mix of both as users reported that it looks better and crisper.
I didn't test it yet.

It's an upscale, it's still most certainly rendered in 480p as is apparent by the pixelation in super smash bros

Stalkid64X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I wonder which of you will be the first to be banned for modifying your Wii U...
/me begins taking bets.

HandymanJames

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if this will help or not but I had something interesting happen last night.

I was drinking with friends and we were creating/importing Miis for future group funtimes. After linking and important the Miis I created on my 3DS to the WiiU. I thought I'd try and import the Resident Evil Miis that were circulating(possibly still are?) for awhile. After the consoles linked and the actual transfer began, I was greeted with an error screen and what looked to be data before the console reset. The whole event took probably less than 3 seconds so even if I was in the right frame of mind to take a picture, I probably couldn't have.

I haven't tried to reproduce it but the Miis are still present on my 3DS. There is some kind of warning that says they won't be copied but moved if you decide to initiate transfer.

It probably amounts to nothing but I figure I'd write up something in case. Thank you for your work gentlemen!

rizzod

Not a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
looks like a year-long-lurker to me but still he could be talking about being banned from the nintendo network on not from this site.
i realise that, but i dont think nintendo care about anyone modifying the Wii Mode, if so they would have banned alot of people off the Wii systems a long time ago.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP

Looks like crediar will be the first one to provide us with a homebrew launcher for the Wii U's Wii Mode.

Well maybe if he provides it , a bit like the HBC demo before this video , i would imagine its still a WIP although he deffo has something installed , theres no sign of him using a game exploit in the video , someone suggested a vunerable ios80 but thats just hearsay.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well maybe if he provides it , a bit like the HBC demo before this video , i would imagine its still a WIP although he deffo has something installed , theres no sign of him using a game exploit in the video , someone suggested a vunerable ios80 but thats just hearsay.
He used a game exploit to get code running. That running code would then have used an IOS exploit to install the channel. The version of IOS containing the exploit doesn't really matter.

Stalkid64X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah. "New" here... amusing.
I'm Stalkid64 (hi Crediar!). Probably best known from several YEARS ago on here now (nearly 6?). Former HBC beta tester, pro Whedonite, semi-pro gbafail mocker, etc. etc. etc.
And yes, I did mean Nintendo Network ban - or, according to the user agreement iirc, console ban.
/sits back with popcorn and awaits.
hni0032u.jpg

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Oh, and has anyone tried WiiLinux yet to get a look at some system information? I'm sure the Mini version wouldn't work without BootMii but there's always a chance the IOS version could work (although I'm sure the restricted hardware access with that version might not help too much.)

B.alpha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
couldn't it be thats
Oh, and has anyone tried WiiLinux yet to get a look at some system information? I'm sure the Mini version wouldn't work without BootMii but there's always a chance the IOS version could work (although I'm sure the restricted hardware access with that version might not help too much.)

Interesting thought couldn't it be that's how Marcan got his system infos?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night