Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
You have anything beyond animation/UI stuff planned for this? One of the things I might suggest is perhaps some kind of slot-1 launching feature for those using this as DSiWare? Being that it's now possible to run hbMenu directly from TWLN as DSiWare on Nintendo 3DS,

The ability to "launch" slot-1 could be useful. It may not work properly in DSi mode, so perhaps have it detect if it's running in NTR mode and if DLDI init failed (which would definitely occur in NTR mode since 3DS SD card is not accessible in NTR mode) then enable this feature. That would be an easy way to section off this feature to 3DS users running this in NTR mode for the purpose of launching something from slot-1. It would bring back a lot of the older DS flashcarts. I've had a few "launchers" made, but it seems there's quite a few carts that need direct launching for them to work properly. :(

Perhaps look into how NitroHax does things? I do know that in NTR mode slot-1 is accessible! If that wasn't the case, none of my launchers would have worked. :P

NitroHax won't work without DLDI working, so I couldn't test if NitroHax can correctly launch a slot-1 game or not on a Nintendo 3DS in NTR mode. :(

This is a tall order to try and implement though. I say save it until after you've done the UI stuff you already had planned for this.

Last edited by Apache Thunder,
Reactions: Wolfgange

Wolfgange

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have anything beyond animation/UI stuff planned for this? One of the things I might suggest is perhaps some kind of slot-1 launching feature for those using this as DSiWare? Being that it's now possible to run hbMenu directly from TWLN as DSiWare on Nintendo 3DS,

The ability to "launch" slot-1 could be useful. It may not work properly in DSi mode, so perhaps have it detect if it's running in NTR mode and if DLDI init failed (which would definitely occur in NTR mode since 3DS SD card is not accessible in NTR mode) then enable this feature. That would be an easy way to section off this feature to 3DS users running this in NTR mode for the purpose of launching something from slot-1. It would bring back a lot of the older DS flashcarts. I've had a few "launchers" made, but it seems there's quite a few carts that need direct launching for them to work properly. :(

Perhaps look into how NitroHax does things? I do know that in NTR mode slot-1 is accessible! If that wasn't the case, none of my launchers would have worked. :P

NitroHax won't work without DLDI working, so I couldn't test if NitroHax can correctly launch a slot-1 game or not on a Nintendo 3DS in NTR mode. :(

This is a tall order to try and implement though. I say save it until after you've done the UI stuff you already had planned for this.
Beyond UI and settings I plan to add a centralized homebrew store to download games. I could look into launching slot 1 cards but it could be difficult to do such a thing without a working hacked DSi to test it on. A while ago Gadorach very generously offered to mod mine. Unfortunately, most likely due to shipment, the software no longer boots up (but rather displays "FF00FF"). So if anything I could try booting slot 1 from a regular DS by live-swapping the cartridges when using a dummy file explorer to prevent the need for a cartridge while running. Either way, as you mentioned, I plan on working on the easy stuff first :P.

Last edited by Wolfgange,

GhostLatte

GBAtemp's Official Van Master™
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Beyond UI and settings I plan to add a centralized homebrew store to download games. I could look into launching slot 1 cards but it could be difficult to do such a thing without a working hacked DSi to test it on. A while ago Cherry Pie very generously offered to mod mine. Unfortunately, most likely due to shipment, the software no longer boots up (but rather displays "FF00FF"). So if anything I could try booting slot 1 from a regular DS by live-swapping the cartridges when using a dummy file explorer to prevent the need for a cartridge while running. Either way, as you mentioned, I plan on working on the easy stuff first :P.
You must mean Gadorach :P

Apache Thunder

Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Beyond UI and settings I plan to add a centralized homebrew store to download games. I could look into launching slot 1 cards but it could be difficult to do such a thing without a working hacked DSi to test it on. A while ago Cherry Pie very generously offered to mod mine. Unfortunately, most likely due to shipment, the software no longer boots up (but rather displays "FF00FF"). So if anything I could try booting slot 1 from a regular DS by live-swapping the cartridges when using a dummy file explorer to prevent the need for a cartridge while running. Either way, as you mentioned, I plan on working on the easy stuff first :P.

Your working on a DSi? Interseting. It's rare to see devs still working on one. I was speaking of 3DS and this is impossible to do on DSi because Sudoku and all other SD based games don't have slot-1 access. Only via hacked TWL_FIRM on a 3DS can access control settings be changed to enable slot-1. If you don't have a 3DS, then at this point you won't really be able to test anything. :(

It was worth a shot suggesting it though.

Speaking of, this does work as a slot-1 launcher:

http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/applications/download-launch-ds-cart-f5710.html

However it only works if I use my special cart swapper passme device to re-init cart on slot-1 (it's a 3 cart swapper device I bought off Amazon. It lets you put 3 cards in and let you swap between them with a switch. I used it on my n3DS to facilitiate DS rom dumping because it allows me to "reinsert" the cartridge virtuall via an external device without tripping the main slot contacts that disables the slot if the cart is ejected)

If card init can be worked around, it can be used to launch EVERYTHING. All the old flashcarts could be revived. But there's a barrior to work around. That launcher is based on NitroHax by the way. ;)

Wolfgange

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha, yes; I've always struggled with names xD. I apologize, Gadorach (I got your name right this time :D).
Your working on a DSi? Interseting. It's rare to see devs still working on one. I was speaking of 3DS and this is impossible to do on DSi because Sudoku and all other SD based games don't have slot-1 access. Only via hacked TWL_FIRM on a 3DS can access control settings be changed to enable slot-1. If you don't have a 3DS, then at this point you won't really be able to test anything. :(

It was worth a shot suggesting it though.

Speaking of, this does work as a slot-1 launcher:

http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/applications/download-launch-ds-cart-f5710.html

However it only works if I use my special cart swapper passme device to re-init cart on slot-1 (it's a 3 cart swapper device I bought off Amazon. It lets you put 3 cards in and let you swap between them with a switch. I used it on my n3DS to facilitiate DS rom dumping because it allows me to "reinsert" the cartridge virtuall via an external device without tripping the main slot contacts that disables the slot if the cart is ejected)

If card init can be worked around, it can be used to launch EVERYTHING. All the old flashcarts could be revived. But there's a barrior to work around. That launcher is based on NitroHax by the way. ;)
Yeah, I'm still using an old DS Lite xD. So not much hope there. About the link, I don't see it as being much use considering I couldn't find the source code. However, NitroHax is open source.

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Haha, yes; I've always struggled with names xD. I apologize, Gadorach (I got your name right this time :D).

Yeah, I'm still using an old DS Lite xD. So not much hope there. About the link, I don't see it as being much use considering I couldn't find the source code. However, NitroHax is open source.
I still have your address. One of these days, I'm going to send you a modded DSi XL. Heck, I keep running out of time lately, to the point where I haven't had time to finish Team Fail's DSi XL either. School's great, but it sucks at the same time. Hurray for the upcoming Easter weekend though, I won't have any assignments to bog me down haha

Oh, and I just noticed that the DSi Brew server got reset or something, so I redid the hardware page and added back my conventional DSi and DSiXL pinouts.

EDIT: Bought you a used DSi XL like 20 mins ago, I'll send it when I get the chance. Got it for dirt cheap too, so no worries, you don't owe me anything. If you moved since I last sent you that board back, let me know though, so I can make sure I'm not shipping it to a random hobo haha

Last edited by Gadorach,

Gadorach

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Wolfgange and @Team Fail I literally just finished both of your DSiXLs. If either of you moved since the last time I send you something, send me a message and I'll send them to your new addresses. I'll be sending them on Monday with tracked, insured, priority shipments, so you can watch them on the way. Sorry for the wait!

Wolfgange

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Wolfgange and @Team Fail I literally just finished both of your DSiXLs. If either of you moved since the last time I send you something, send me a message and I'll send them to your new addresses. I'll be sending them on Monday with tracked, insured, priority shipments, so you can watch them on the way. Sorry for the wait!
That's incredible! I couldn't thank you enough. If there's anything in particular you would like me to focus on with Aura Launcher I can give it a shot! By the way, same address :).

Last edited by Wolfgange,

Gadorach

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's incredible! I couldn't thank you enough. If there's anything in particular you would like me to focus on with Aura Launcher I can give it a shot! By the way, same address :).
Perfect, and I found out that teamtwiizers save injector site is messed up now, and won't inject hacked saves, so you need to actually do all the manual injection of the saves and everything now when you're title downgrading.

Gadorach

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
MineDS running on your (left) and Team Fail's (right) DSiXLs.
06d2d87ed3.jpg

To which I should mention, only runs the emulator version and it errors trying to save. I figure you'll be fixing that when you get the DSi haha

GhostLatte

GBAtemp's Official Van Master™
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MineDS running on your (left) and Team Fail's (right) DSiXLs.
06d2d87ed3.jpg

To which I should mention, only runs the emulator version and it errors trying to save. I figure you'll be fixing that when you get the DSi back haha
What homebrew is working for you?

Gadorach

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What homebrew is working for you?
Well, MineDS, kinda, AuraLauncher, and probably more but I haven't really checked. I can, however, guarantee that anything that needs DLDI patching will not work, period. That's what we really need here, DLDI patching included in Aura, or just branch Wood and make it into a new Aura Launcher.

Last edited by Gadorach,

Wolfgange

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, MineDS, kinda, AuraLauncher, and probably more but I haven't really checked. I can, however, guarantee that anything that needs DLDI patching will not work, period. That's what we really need here, DLDI patching included in Aura, or just branch Wood and make it into a new Aura Launcher.
What didn't work in Mine DS? And I'm taking a look at DLDI auto patching.

Gadorach

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What didn't work in Mine DS? And I'm taking a look at DLDI auto patching.
Though the game loads up just fine with the emulator version (regular has a huge red screen crash at boot), it immediately errors when you try to save the game from the in-game menu. The exact error message is "Failed to save game", after which the audio becomes corrupt for about half a second, before reloading and continuing as normal. The game otherwise plays just fine though. I'd like to see if you can implement a proper Minecraft 3D-rendered port in DSi mode at some point though, that would be cool. Something like DSCraft, but with all the finished features ideally haha

Last edited by Gadorach,

Wolfgange

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Though the game loads up just fine with the emulator version (regular has a huge red screen crash at boot), it immediately errors when you try to save the game from the in-game menu. The exact error message is "Failed to save game", after which the audio becomes corrupt for about half a second, before reloading and continuing as normal. The game otherwise plays just fine though. I'd like to see if you can implement a proper Minecraft 3D-rendered port in DSi mode at some point though, that would be cool. Something like DSCraft, but with all the finished features ideally haha
OK, yeah that makes sense considering the regular version requires FAT and as expected, the emulator version requires FAT to save. Yes, a 3D port would be great (Primarily for redstone IMO) and smea wrote up that nice article on how it should be done. I hope to ultimately endeavor to complete that but it all comes in steps.

Reactions: Gadorach

Gadorach

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK, yeah that makes sense considering the regular version requires FAT and as expected, the emulator version requires FAT to save. Yes, a 3D port would be great (Primarily for redstone IMO) and smea wrote up that nice article on how it should be done. I hope to ultimately endeavor to complete that but it all comes in steps.
Pretty much, it's a pretty big undertaking. I'm a lot better at microcontroller programming than I am at graphics and games, so I'm not sure how much of a help I'd be there haha
I'm always open to try though, but I'll definitely be asking a lot of questions if I do, so consider yourself warned. PC apps I can handle though, no problem. I already made a couple save editors for the Wii U, which you can find here if you're curious.

Apache Thunder

Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Tried to compile this today. But got stuck with this:

Code:
Font.o: In function `Font::load(glImage*, unsigned int, unsigned int const*, GL_
TEXTURE_TYPE_ENUM, int, int, int, int, unsigned short const*, unsigned char cons
t*)':
c:/Users/Spenser/Desktop/Aura-Launcher-master/source/graphics/Font.cpp:28: multi
ple definition of `Font::load(glImage*, unsigned int, unsigned int const*, GL_TE
XTURE_TYPE_ENUM, int, int, int, int, unsigned short const*, unsigned char const*
)'
font.o:c:/Users/Spenser/Desktop/Aura-Launcher-master/source/graphics/Font.cpp:28
: first defined here
Font.o: In function `Font::print(int, int, char const*)':
c:/Users/Spenser/Desktop/Aura-Launcher-master/source/graphics/Font.cpp:49: multi
ple definition of `Font::print(int, int, char const*)'
font.o:c:/Users/Spenser/Desktop/Aura-Launcher-master/source/graphics/Font.cpp:49
Font.o: In function `Font::print(int, int, int)':
c:/Users/Spenser/Desktop/Aura-Launcher-master/source/graphics/Font.cpp:61: multi
ple definition of `Font::print(int, int, int)'
font.o:c:/Users/Spenser/Desktop/Aura-Launcher-master/source/graphics/Font.cpp:61
Font.o: In function `Font::getCenteredX(char const*)':
c:/Users/Spenser/Desktop/Aura-Launcher-master/source/graphics/Font.cpp:70: multi
ple definition of `Font::getCenteredX(char const*)'
font.o:c:/Users/Spenser/Desktop/Aura-Launcher-master/source/graphics/Font.cpp:70
Font.o: In function `Font::printCentered(int, char const*)':
c:/Users/Spenser/Desktop/Aura-Launcher-master/source/graphics/Font.cpp:79: multi
ple definition of `Font::printCentered(int, char const*)'
font.o:c:/Users/Spenser/Desktop/Aura-Launcher-master/source/graphics/Font.cpp:79
Font.o: In function `Font::printCentered(int, int)':
c:/Users/Spenser/Desktop/Aura-Launcher-master/source/graphics/Font.cpp:91: multi
ple definition of `Font::printCentered(int, int)'
font.o:c:/Users/Spenser/Desktop/Aura-Launcher-master/source/graphics/Font.cpp:91
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [/c/Users/Spenser/Desktop/Aura-Launcher-master/Aura-Launcher.elf] E
rror 1
make: *** [build] Error 2

Have GL2D installed as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things