Atlus to self-publish games in Europe

Atlus-EU-Publishing_08-24-17.jpg

Atlus games have always faced a slight delay, in terms of making their way to Europe territories, with numerous titles facing large delay gaps between them and North America. To alleviae this, Atlus and SEGA had partnered up with NIS America and Deep Silver in order to speed up European releases, or at least give them a chance to be published. However, as of today, Atlus has announced that they will now be self publishing all future titles, and will be hiring three individuals to work at SEGA Europe offices to handle publishing efforts. The company states that this will allow for all markets to get video game localizations at the same time, as well as giving Europe a chance to purchase special editions of their titles, which usually are impossible to get ahold of there. This puts Atlus' and Deep Silver's publishing contract to an end, just barely a year after they'd been partnered.

It is a strong example of the growth we are experiencing as a company," Says Jacob Nahin, senior PR manager at Atlus US. "Publishing in Europe is simply the next step for us. What this means initially for fans is a parity for launch and premium editions. From a business perspective, we'll be better positioned to address the needs of each market in which we release our titles.

:arrow: Source

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nice, they have fallen down a bit in my esteem in recent years, or at least others have risen to usurp the place they once held, but more games, more better.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Good shit. Fuck Deep Silver. Hopefully my region finally gets some copies of their games for once
What? Deep Silver did a good job at releasing games in the European continent and they even bothered to make reprints. Don't be so harsh on them.

Also, Deep Silver are the ones who'll publish Shenmue 3 so love 'em or hate 'em they're always around.

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Dont now, how i should feel about this since i usually buy ALL my Atlus physical games via Amazon USA since all Atlus games are usually around £10 cheaper over in US.Well in comparison to the UK prices i mean:P

Regardless, i dont now what was wrong with Deep Silver since P5 is still on my bucket list. But it must have been bad for them to actually hire new staff in order to publish their games over in Europe. Europe seems to always have the most ridiculous release dates at least when it comes to Atlus. (Gosh that SMT Final took ages!!)

But the fact that they dumped Deep Silver makes me nervous since well D.S just struck a deal with YS.net to publish Shenmue III:unsure:(i love both atlus games and Shenmue so i dont want either to have problems at launch.)

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Regardless, i dont now what was wrong with Deep Silver since P5 is still on my bucket list. But it must have been bad for them to actually hire new staff in order to publish their games over in Europe. Europe seems to always have the most ridiculous release dates at least when it comes to Atlus. (Gosh that SMT Final took ages!!)

But the fact that they dumped Deep Silver makes me nervous since well D.S just struck a deal with YS.net to publish Shenmue III:unsure:(i love both atlus games and Shenmue so i dont want either to have problems at launch.

Nothing was wrong with Deep Silver. The problem is and always has been Atlus. Atlus have been through multiple publisher for EU and with the exception of NISA who somehow worked minor miracles with some releases, the releases have always been a trainwreck with the common factor being Atlus.

Reactions: Abu_Senpai

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended