Hacking Assuming a Flash Cart is made, what would the price be?

Aftcomet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Surely they would milk it as much as possible? Does anyone know how much DS carts were at the start?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
My guesstimate, 100 BILLION...MILLION...SHABALABADOO...DOLLARS.

2mynloy.jpg

Reactions: 16 people

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember, when i bought my X-Rom in 2005 for the GBA it like $72 for 512 Mega- "BIT" (Aka 64MB) for GBA roms. My Fisrt NDS card was the G6 and I think it cost in 2007 around $50. So Guess would be about $60 for the first models to be out.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The first cart to run commercial DS roms (badly*) was the neoflash** and despite being something of a rebadged XG2 (which was in turn a tweaked EZ2) did cost a pretty penny (more than an equivalent XG/EZ2 and more than those nice carts like the EZ3) , but we already saw NAND-NOR-PSRAM carts like the EZ3 and the start of the memory cards stuff in supercard and GBA movie player as well as the M3 and such. However we already had DS homebrew on just about everything so people were somewhat apprehensive and mainly waited it out. You also have the PS3 USB hacks that cost a fortune at first for what they were (recall what the exploit eventually got ported to).
So yes makers (and resellers) tend to milk it for all it is worth and frankly why not- a serious profit from fools/those with too much disposable income is nicer than scraping one from small margins on limited time devices (either through developer dropping support or devices not able to counter new security) and being left holding the ball (stock of old now useless devices) that current hacking devices seem to be about.
Also has to be said- there are still those that can get it done but the DS flash card scene is pretty cut throat so many teams if they are still around are operating on a skeleton staff and I am not sure if there will be enough people out there to sustain a proper reverse engineering operation at first/really quickly (you could put one together but it would take a couple of weeks). Of course sometimes the teams can release an early beta of their product under another brand name (the most known examples being the likes of supercard with the iplayer and the GBA movie player and M3 team although I am not 100% sure what went there), EZFlash have done a bit of stuff like this, many more teams made R4 clones or used the R4 name to sell their devices and there is the whole story of Borden (the Americans have the story of Johnny Appleseed- this guy was like Johnny Flash cart company founder/designer).
Equally it could be that it requires or uses a hefty device to run (some of the higher end CPLD and FPGA chips are not cheap to buy and get boards built for) which feeds back into the selling your rebadged prototype thing.

Gun to head to get an idea of money. For a device with $30 of parts and assembly the price is usually around $70 to $120 and more pricey chips might reduce the margins a bit (any more than that and you start to leave the "screw it- it is only money" head space).

*even compared to later GBA slot options the roms had to be extensively patched to work. Also caused a nice redump flood but we still do not mention that around jumpman17.

**I actually found a couple the other day and seen as they are more or less marginally reworked EZ2s I wondered if I could turn them into good GBA carts (the EZ2 1 gig being one of those that gets snapped up seconds after they put it up for sale and in the eyes of some are more desirable than an EZ3).

Sorox

Master Firo Soul
Trophies
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, price depends on the team that makes it, where it's located, and the material needed to make it. It'll probably be the cost of all that plus (give or take) about 15-30 USD.

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
Thats pretty spot on Fast6191 for price wise.According to the guy i get my carts through he has new carts in customs now for 3DS that play actual 3DS games. Only time will tell if the company he his dealing with is legit. But he said that all 120 games he had sent where aparently working with these new Carts fingers crossed :-D

Aftcomet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thats pretty spot on Fast6191 for price wise.According to the guy i get my carts through he has new carts in customs now for 3DS that play actual 3DS games. Only time will tell if the company he his dealing with is legit. But he said that all 120 games he had sent where aparently working with these new Carts fingers crossed :-D

Wouldn't there be something on the internet if this was true?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Bullshit.

Reactions: 2 people

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
Bullshit.
Like i said only time will tell so be nice.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Bullshit.
Like i said only time will tell so be nice.
Bullcrap.

If any kind of 3DS flashcard were released we would know about it before your "handler".

Reactions: 1 person

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
So you cant be nice then and you know every little thing that goes on in the world. I wish i was 17 again and knew "EVERYTHING".
lol butthurt.

I'm being logical. Any flashcard team would advertise the hell out of the first 3DS card. Hence why Crown3DS and whatever that other one is were announced so early, to make a maximum prophet. However, both are either A). Fake or B) Had something but lost it.

In this case, if any flashcard team did manage to make a 3DS flashcard there would already be announcements, other flashcard teams, and other fakes. But oh lets trust one guy who says he totally has some. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 2 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...