'Assassin's Creed' To Be Adapted Into An Anime Series

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Prans, Jul 5, 2017.

1. RedoLane

RedoLane GBAtemp Regular

Sep 16, 2016
    Israel
    Hasasinu no Crido

2. death360

death360 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Lol just no although I have yet to see the movie.

3. proflayton123

proflayton123 Undeclared Shitposter 2.1

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    Not sure whether to be happy or upset

4. osaka35

osaka35 Instrucional Designer

Nov 20, 2009
    United States
    Silent Hill
    It's got potential, but it'll all come down to the story telling. Do they take the "whatever the endless amount of focus groups tells us and promotes future games" approach, or will they try and craft something meaningful and engaging? One can dream.

5. DinohScene

DinohScene Capture the Dino

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Oh god no.

6. Pluupy

Pluupy Woof!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    That DMC anime was mediocre, not bad. Certainly nicer than most of the trash waifu shit we got running around.

7. robingilh

robingilh GBAtemp Regular

Dec 21, 2009
    France
    not far from a computer
    There is a tremendous amount of negativity in this thread.

The AC series have a very wide lore and I honestly think someone could make a good serie out of this material.

xfxmrl likes this.
  8. Burlsol

Burlsol Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2015
    Nobody wanted this... Okay.. Maybe if they hired those people who did Aeon Flux and that Alexander the Great animation thing and just let those people go crazy with it, it might be okay... But we won't get that will we? This will just be some watered down re-telling of the plot of the games, providing no new insight on the whole overarching Templar thing. This will be as entirely meaningless to the series as AC:Unity was, and end up being just as much of a shitty disappointment as the movie was. No, that's still probably not very positive, but really, how good could this ever be?

They can't shine new light on the whole meta plot without killing potential for future games.
    They can't do side stories within the same universe without potentially using up storylines for their future games (how many of these super secret assassins can they have within any period of time before everyone is an assassin?)
    It's 'anime', written by a group of French Canadians and produced by this guy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adi_Shankar... That just doesn't work on a fundamental level.

Last edited by Burlsol, Jul 5, 2017
  9. pustal

pustal Koalafied member.

Jul 19, 2011
    Portugal
    The Matrix
    I'm gonna go ahead a put the finger on the sore spot, but I really think that plot wise, it's been ruin for quite a while now...

10. Ritsuki

Ritsuki ORAORAORAORA

Mar 15, 2008
    Switzerland
    I hate this kind of news, it's always the same thing : people just ranting about how bad is milking the franchise, about how they're sellouts, how it's going to suck, etc... And on the other side, there's people just ranting as much, telling them they don't understand business, or telling them to wait for the actual release before judging. Yet you can find many examples defending both sides, with good arguments, so who's right?

In my humble opinion, nobody is right or wrong, it's opinions, it's subjective. As long as the quality is there they can do whatever they want. Plus if I don't like it I'm just going to not watch it, period.

I love this community because honestly that's one of the few places on the internet where I can have really cool discussions with very smart and open people, but every now and then there's a thread like that where instead of having real arguments, people just throw their opinion like it's Gospel truth...

Tl;dr : Keep calm and debate

Webbmaster1900 likes this.
  11. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    The games hasvnt been good past the ACII trilogy (and I would argue only the first two in trilogy were the good ones)

12. Bubsy Bobcat

Bubsy Bobcat vegtebales

Jul 8, 2015
    Zimbabwe
    Ah well, at least it's a franchise I don't care about that's being made into a chinese cartoon

hobbledehoy899 likes this.
  13. GamerzHell9137

GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 1, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    what

14. Anfroid

Anfroid GBAtemp Fan

Sep 30, 2011
    United States
    So another game series is getting a cartoon adaptation.
    If I'm not mistaken, it's being made by American studios.

15. Robfozz

Robfozz GBAtemp Smartass

Apr 19, 2014
    United States
    Onett
  16. limpbiz411

limpbiz411 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2007
    United States
    I must be the only on who think Assassins creed is a boring game. Ive never liked it since day 1.

17. fatsquirrel

fatsquirrel GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 11, 2013
    You ARE kidding right?
    1 was good because it was somewhat fresh gameplay. From there on it went downhill hard

18. Ev1l0rd

Ev1l0rd (⌐◥▶◀◤) Knight of Void

Oct 26, 2015
    Netherlands
    Land of Darkness and Bounty
    Squeenix really went off the hill with FF7. Like honestly speaking. I hated FF7. The series really didn't take to 3D well, and with the series now going for action-rpg if I'm not mistaken (which is a shit genre and I don't like it). Probably the only 3D Final Fantasy that was good IMO was FF9, and that is because it felt like a traditional Final Fantasy, which is: "Here is a medieval style tale where the most advanced tech is Steam tech, magic is common and the most common monster is likely ripped off from some DND manual". Not a "gritty moody teenage anit-hero tale of romance and all that other bullshit that makes teenage girls write weird fanfiction" game.

Sorry, just had to fuel that rage out.

19. DarthDub

DarthDub Amateur Hacker

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Your mom's basement.
    It'll probably be better than the games.

20. McWhiters9511

McWhiters9511 That's Rad Bro

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Space
    eh ill watch i guess