Asian version of Japanese games

Discussion in 'PS3 - Games & Content' started by ShadowNeko003, Nov 23, 2012.

Nov 23, 2012

ShadowNeko003 ~Nyah~

Message Count:
    United States
    Hi,

I'm wondering if the Asian version games have a English text? I know the spoken language is Japanese, but I'm wondering about the in game text and dialogue

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Message Count:
    Canada
    No. Often times there are little English instructions...but that's about it. I know Ragnarok Odyssey came with a bit of an instruction thing to teach basic stuff in English...where as Tales of VS didn't come with squat in English.
    But the ingame text is all original jap.
    • Reporter

FAST6191 Techromancer

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    I can not speak to the PS3 so much but the 360 (which is more or less the same deal) is very mixed here and there are even "Asia region" releases without Japanese language (and this is not including things like Korean or Chinese) and then separate Japanese releases (also different NA releases with English and French on some and English and Spanish on others).

Basically expect nothing and try to confirm it beforehand. Many times release groups will have noted the languages contained so check NFOs although I should note that is not flawless as again there can be several pressings of a single game released across the same region.

ShadowNeko003 ~Nyah~

Message Count:
    United States
    Thank! I was just wondering if I could get the JPN audio for some games.

kupo3000 New Member

Message Count:
    Puerto Rico
    Certain PS3 ASIA region games such as Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2 have Japanese audio and English text.

potato3334 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    as kupo said, it really depends on the game, so just look into whatever asia game you want to get