OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if it is the one from psycoblaster, but it is out there. I will report back with screenshot in a few minutes :)

It is indeed the one from psychoblaster, proof right here!

gallery_195181_1157_43728.png

"Something special from a carefree fiend to add to Powerpuff's Nintendo DS English Translations pack.

***GAMER exclusive, let's see how long that lasts.

~m.

Edit: This is the last known version of the translation, complete or very near complete. Never released / leaked publicly before this torrent.

Credit where it's due:
Psycoblaster - Korean -> English translation, main hacker
DarthNemesis - A busy person who spent his time helping with translations
Hangaram (한가람) team - Japanese -> Korean translation
투덜투덜 - Japanese -> Korean translation (Translation used with permission)"

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am not quite sure what the protocol is here (typically we do not condone leaked patches but this might well count as abandoned and be something resembling fair game) but it was quite advanced if memory serves (I did not really follow the project closely and did not have a copy of any patch).
If we do allow hosting this and it needs to be finished up (it was in late beta if memory serves) and some help is wanted getting it all the way hit me up- I am pretty busy so I would rather not be doing the basic somewhat tedious stuff if someone else can handle that but I do not mind pulling things apart.

Edit: as for making the patch
http://code.google.com/p/xdelta/downloads/list
http://code.google.com/p/xdelta/wiki/CommandLineSyntax
You will want something like
"xdelta3.0z.x86-32.exe -s originalrom.nds patchedrom.nds > patch.delta"
It will produce a file called patch.delta that is the patch.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If this was leaked without Psycoblaster's knowledge (which I'm assuming it's the case, since it's pre-patched, something that translators and hackers would never do themselves), then it's pretty uncool, there's nothing worse than having an unfinished project being leaked without proper permissions, I'm assuming it was a beta tester. =S

Edit: Didn't know the project was abandoned, last time I checked it was still undergoing.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Like FAST said, this translation is long abandoned and I'm pretty sure a lot of people are wanting to try this out. It's an excellent translation from what I've played. I should have the patch up within the next half hour or so assuming I'm green lighted for it :)

Shinintendo

Trophies
Website
games4gamer.net
XP
Country
Iceland
It's leaked how many years ago? even some government rules have expiration date :X
Psy disappear a week or so after the leak, so I don't believe she will come and speak against it.

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
It's leaked how many years ago? even some government rules have expiration date :X
Psy disappear a week or so after the leak, so I don't believe she will come and speak against it.

Are you seriously comparing government rules and a game rom?

Reactions: 2 people

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Scourging the net for it now. Cant wait. Sorry, but if he doesnt intend to release a finished product, im not going to wait for one.

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Well, Psycoblaster blog is dead since 2 years and in his last post he said that there are more important things in his life as Ash so I think that the project can be considereted abbandoned. Count me in if finishing touches are needed.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I don't think that this file should be distributed at all without the expressed consent of all the parties involved in the translation project. This is someone's work after all, and not just any work - translating games is a mind-numbing, mundane and time-consuming task when you don't have the source.

Some sort of a dialogue should at least be attempted before extracting the patch and uploading it anywhere.

Reactions: 5 people

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah if it is over 100 megs something has gone wrong- most likely the rebuilding phase rearranged some files outside the range of the standard xdelta search range (it is a fairly intelligent patching method but can fall short like this) and it instead opted to just copy large tracts of original rom, you could try BSdiff, PPF or maybe some more options on xdelta. After this is is probably better if we look at some of the custom stuff (the DPS patch system Deufeufeu made for Jump Ultimate Stars partially to work around this exact problem and I have released patches as batch files over the years for similar reasons).

I think I will also second a motion to contact those involved and see if they want something to be done - two years is not so long for a ROM hacking project to remain on the back burner.

Reactions: 2 people

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's up guys, have fun. I understand a lot of people are against the release of this, but considering it's already out pre-patched I really don't see the harm. I gave credit to Psycho in the file name.
EDIT: Link removed, I'm really unsure what to do with this :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame: