Gaming Are you upset that kingdom hearts 3 is skipping the Wii U?

Etkar.H

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
You bet your ass I am. Why would they release it for the Xbox One and not for Wii U? Xbox has never gotten a Kingdom Hearts game on it, ever! I mean, it just doesn't make sense!

Bryon15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You bet your ass I am. Why would they release it for the Xbox One and not for Wii U? Xbox has never gotten a Kingdom Hearts game on it, ever! I mean, it just doesn't make sense!

Well you can sign the petition in my sig if you want. I doubt it'll do anything, but it's something.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm a bit disappointed. I like the games, but not enough to buy a console just to play one (although I'll probably get a PS4 anyway).

Well you can sign the petition in my sig if you want. I doubt it'll do anything, but it's something.

I've signed the petition, for what it's worth. You might want to increase the font size ever so slightly because I would have completely missed it if you hadn't mentioned it.

Reactions: Warlord698

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, not that much, since I don't have a Wii U and I don't plan on buying anything next-gen.:mellow:

Unless it has Shibuya and Star Wars worlds. Then I'm sold.

don't really care dream drop distance was a disaster so not interested in KH anymore.
What's wrong with it? It fixed what BBS did wrong and was a great game overall.

LAA

Trophies
XP
Country
This is ridiculous to ask.
Its like saying "Are you upset FFXV isnt coming to Wii U?"
Its simple, it just isnt powerful enough to run it and the same goes for KH3. I'd rather not have KH3's performance impacted.
I get the point about XBone never getting a KH, yet its getting KH3 and Wii U isnt, but thats simply because its powerful enough to handle it, and I pressume its happening because of Square Enix's financial problems and seeing it seems to be relatively easy and cheaper to port to both PS4/One these days, I guess they figured it was worth it. Perhaps if the two systems werent so similar architecture wise it wouldnt happen, guess it would depend on if their estimates of XBone sales exceed the cost of porting to it.

I think we should all also know by now, nintendo probably isnt going to get most 3rd party games you'd love to play on it. Whether it be down to sales, the audience who buys Wii U, or development reasons. I think it is sad, it should deserve titles at least coming to 360/PS3, but no idea about development costs porting to Wii U and whether it'd be worth it to them.
Sad, but I can think of a few reasons why devs might be put off developing for Wii U, hopefully nintendo is aiming to remedy at least one of the problems, depends if they can remedy the rest.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Not really. I was a little surprised it was coming to Xbox One, but then again, FFXIII was also released on Xbox 360 so maybe SE is spreading its reach a little to try to draw in some extra cash. I'm guessing the PS4 version will be the base that the One version ends up being (likely kind of lazily) ported from. Regardless, if the Wii U was selling better, I'm sure they would reconsider. Once the game is actually out though, you'd all best ditch any hope of it reaching the Wii U ever. Although SE would likely give some technical explanation if actually asked about it related to power of consoles, porting, and what have you, we all really know that it's about sales numbers more than anything.

Plus, Nintendo hasn't gotten along with third parties in ages. Not seeing a third party game on a Nintendo console anymore isn't even worth getting upset about.

mariodk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
anyway this game kinda made it even more officel:
Nintendo is Drying and wii U is nintendo´s dreamcast
even the new Dragonball Z game for ps3/xbox/even Vita but not nintendo at all

if that DBZ game coming to a system less powerfull then wii U (aswell as alot of other games)
thats kinda comform it nintendo is drying and the makers of kingdom hearts wont make games for a drying console

EzekielRage

Hero of the Void
Trophies
Website
www.void-comics.com
XP
Country
Australia
I played Kingdom hearts for the PS2. The controls were horrible. The second one i borrowed, still sucked. I then played the 3DS game which was boring. So no, as far as I am concerned Squenix can suck it, they haven't released a good game since Chrono, they butchered Lufia with that horrible DS outing... The only good games they had the last few years were the ones they bought from Eidos...

Also, Wii U simply can't handle DirectX11 and seeing that the console doesnt well well its no wonder squenix doesnt want to put so much money into a port to make it work. They don't have tons of cash anymore since their last few games were considered flops (since they were too expensive)...

If tehy don't turn around I expect them to bow out of the big gaming biz and stick to handheld games or iOS games...

Reactions: ggyo and Bladexdsl

The_Hulkster

Trophies
XP
Country
anyway this game kinda made it even more officel:
Nintendo is Drying and wii U is nintendo´s dreamcast
even the new Dragonball Z game for ps3/xbox/even Vita but not nintendo at all

if that DBZ game coming to a system less powerfull then wii U (aswell as alot of other games)
thats kinda comform it nintendo is drying and the makers of kingdom hearts wont make games for a drying console

Are you suggesting they should throw the towel in the ring? :rofl:

Chaossaturn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii U can't do DirectX 11, there would have to re:code the game just for the Wii U and possibly take away elements that DirectX 11 can do, that DirectX 10 can't (Wii U GPU can only do DirectX 10). Just get it on PS4 as that's most likely going to be the best console for multiplatform games his generation.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would they release it for the Xbox One and not for Wii U?

The power difference could play a factor. The Xbox One and PS4 are also supposed to be relatively similar under the hood, so adding an Xbox One version to the development slate probably wouldn't be too strenuous.

Also, the Wii U's market performance could also be a factor. If the Wii U was thriving, then Square Enix might see it as viable to port it over despite any development difficulties. It's struggling, however, so for now, there's not much of an incentive to take on the costs.

But seriously, it's Kingdom Hearts. You Wii U owners are being spared. You can stand to be a bit more grateful!

Reactions: kehkou

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No because it's Kingdom Hearts.

...and also because I don't own a Wii U. :P

I never really got hooked into the series, I have a Wii U, but the game not being ported over doesn't really affect me TBH. Now to wait the inevitable group of people calling out blasphemy for never playing it.

This is ridiculous to ask.
Its like saying "Are you upset FFXV isnt coming to Wii U?"
Its simple, it just isnt powerful enough to run it and the same goes for KH3. I'd rather not have KH3's performance impacted.
I get the point about XBone never getting a KH, yet its getting KH3 and Wii U isnt, but thats simply because its powerful enough to handle it, and I pressume its happening because of Square Enix's financial problems and seeing it seems to be relatively easy and cheaper to port to both PS4/One these days, I guess they figured it was worth it. Perhaps if the two systems werent so similar architecture wise it wouldnt happen, guess it would depend on if their estimates of XBone sales exceed the cost of porting to it.

I think we should all also know by now, nintendo probably isnt going to get most 3rd party games you'd love to play on it. Whether it be down to sales, the audience who buys Wii U, or development reasons. I think it is sad, it should deserve titles at least coming to 360/PS3, but no idea about development costs porting to Wii U and whether it'd be worth it to them.

Sad, but I can think of a few reasons why devs might be put off developing for Wii U, hopefully nintendo is aiming to remedy at least one of the problems, depends if they can remedy the rest.

Just because the Wii U isn't on par with the other consoles doesn't mean it can't have games look comparable to the others. How is it that the Wii U got the best console port of Need For Speed Most Wanted? It all boils down to effort; if Square Enix wants to port their games to the Wii U they can with a few cutbacks, but they won't. If you think the graphical difference between the console versions would be like night and day, you're wrong. Visually, there isn't much difference between DX10 and DX11, but API-wise, there is a difference under the hood.

The console is capable of multi-platform games, esp with GPGPU (if you even know what that is), raw CPU speed isn't as relevant as it once was.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Maybe the Amiga or ST version is nice....