Are you still playing old/classic videogames?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Alex4U, Mar 18, 2017.

Mar 18, 2017
  1. fenixcumber

Newcomer fenixcumber Member

Spain
    I play games indistinctly of the time that were publishied, but unfortunately the old ones only by emus. but still, at times prefer the old ones over the news, they have... something
    i feel that my english sucks, sorry

Psionic Roshambo likes this.

2. Psionic Roshambo

Member Psionic Roshambo GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I do all the time, with libraries sometimes in the thousands, old consoles are rarely explored very thoroughly. I think I have played every NES game and like 90% of the SNES library... But even those sometimes by "play" I mean like maybe 10 minutes spent seeing if it was a good game.

I guess my long rambling post in TL:DR format is, yes I am still discovering new fun games on older platforms. What platforms? All of them... lol

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

No your English is great! I understand exactly what you mean.

I suspect by missing something, you mean fun... So many modern games are wrapped up in story and graphics (not that this is always bad. I love a great story and great graphics.) that sometimes just arcade fun is missing.

Also some older game styles are literally non existent today...

fenixcumber likes this.
  3. Tousle

Newcomer Tousle Newbie

United Kingdom
    I play games from previous generations. Usually I play them because I missed out on playing them before.

Psionic Roshambo likes this.
  4. fenixcumber

Newcomer fenixcumber Member

Spain
    i refer to all the things, not just the fun. in example, the old games like the old series do (dragon ball, digimon...), teach stuff like sincerity, courage, and the new ones (mostly) are only killtimers.

i already 10 minutes late to school, so last post xD
    and my english skills... good to hear that the people can understand what I mean, but isn't only that what I aspire. The signature isn't totally a joke xD anyway I expect to get better in that, and by the way i do my best

5. RoseyDreamy

Newcomer RoseyDreamy Newbie

United Kingdom
    I've always found classic video games more enjoyable than modern games, heck I don't really buy games anymore or have any modern consoles, so I am going to answer this with a definite yes.

6. Sonic Angel Knight

Member Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Yet your profile image is from a modern game, lol :P

Look let be honest here, we are gamers. As gamers, we honor the past, present and future of games. We play the bad and the good, ugly and beautiful, If is a game, it may be played. That being said, i have my android tv set up with tons of emulators to play all games i want to from the past. Yes i still play it, will probably keep dong so. :P

fenixcumber likes this.