Gaming Are you Planning to get Mario Kart 8 Deluxe?

Are you getting Mario Kart 8 Deluxe?

• Yes I am getting it even though I own Mario Kart 8

Votes: 98 52.7%
  • Yes I am getting it and I never brought Mario Kart 8

Votes: 45 24.2%
  • No I am not getting it since I own Mario Kart 8 and deluxe dose not add enough new content

Votes: 32 17.2%
  • No I am not getting it for some reason and never owned Mario Kart 8

Votes: 11 5.9%

• Total voters
S

Saiyan Lusitano

Ability to resell when MK9 comes out.
Resell? It's the most complete and brilliantly polished Mario Kart game to date so it's a keeper for sure!

The cage in Battle Mode looks pretty cute and adorable. ^_^

mk.png

Can't wait for Friday. :)

Reactions: Xabring

katsup

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Resell? It's the most complete and brilliantly polished Mario Kart game to date so it's a keeper for sure!
I agree that it looks great, but in 5 years time, when the next Mario Kart is out, it will just sit. I stopped keeping my old games when realized I never played them again. Let someone else enjoy it, plus I like having less stuff.

I sold MK8 on the Wii U for the switch version, just waiting till the holiday to buy the switch.

D

Deleted User

I loved Mario Kart 8, played it for hundreds of hours, bought the DLC and Im still gonna buy it again. New battle mode looks like a lot of fun, the new pink boost tier is a game changer, new characters, better graphical quality, to be able to play online without hackers again, all very worth it to me. Also portability is sweet.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano
S

Saiyan Lusitano

I loved Mario Kart 8, played it for hundreds of hours, bought the DLC and Im still gonna buy it again. New battle mode looks like a lot of fun, the new pink boost tier is a game changer, new characters, better graphical quality, to be able to play online without hackers again, all very worth it to me. Also portability is sweet.
Agree with everything except 'better graphical quality' because it looks identical to the Wii U version.

Garblant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Better graphical quality is much more than making everything look pretty.
Well, mk8 didn't look that bad on the wii u. Now, it just looks slightly better.

Also, anyone find it odd how they brought back shine runners but-

(Compares the game mode to past shine related modes)

Oh, nevermind. It's just a returning battle mode from Double Dash...

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano
S

Saiyan Lusitano

It runs at 1080p as opposed to 720p, maintains 60fps in split screen instead of 30fps on Wii U, higher draw distance, etc.
The graphics in real time look exactly the same unless you go on analysing it, then in that case, sure there's a slight improvement. We all know that the framerate was improved over the WiiU version but that's not what that was about.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Better graphical quality is much more than making everything look pretty.
I played the game at the Switch Premiere and to me it looked like the Wii U version, so tomorrow, it won't be any different. If you start nitpicking then you'll find reasons to say "The Switch version is graphically superior!" even though it's just about the same.

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
Personally I would pass, It's the same game than the WiiU version but with half a DLC more of content at full price.

But a close friend of mine really wants to play the Switch version with me, so I'm debating myself about getting it or not.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Personally I would pass, It's the same game than the WiiU version but with half a DLC more of content at full price.

But a close friend of mine really wants to play the Switch version with me, so I'm debating myself about getting it or not.
It's a must. The Battle Mode will be hectic fun. :)

Proust

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Am I the only one who doesn't care about the adjustments they made? Even if it was EXACTLY the same game as Wii U I would have gotten it...
we can now finally play it on a much cooler system! Hello world :-)

gerazzo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
really courious to know which firmware release will be necessary to play the game.
I'm on 2.0.0 and will stay on it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: idk, i don't have one