Hacking Are you going to buy WiikeÜ or waiting for Wii U homebew ?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 54,378
  • Replies 237

What are you going to your Wii U ?

• Total voters

GbaTempr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am buying a Wii U key. I wasn't going to, but then the damn system updated itself while I played MK8. This was done without my knowledge, and standby mode was turned off.

Its on Nintendo. I bought MK8, MH3, ZombiU, Ninja Gaiden 3, and SMW3D. I also got Nintendoland for free.
That's all the money you will ever get from me you assholes!

Yean3d

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I'm also going to buy a WiiU Key, reason is that I'm living in China and bought my Wii U there. It was my first console in 6 years so I had totally forgotten about that region lock thing, and ended up innocently buying 6 original Wii U games during holidays in my home country, "Assassin's creed", "Rayman legends" and a few others. Back in China, my Wii U won't run any of those, "invalid region blabla"... gasp. But well.

Oxybelis

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm also going to buy a WiiU Key, reason is that I'm living in China and bought my Wii U there. It was my first console in 6 years so I had totally forgotten about that region lock thing, and ended up innocently buying 6 original Wii U games during holidays in my home country, "Assassin's creed", "Rayman legends" and a few others. Back in China, my Wii U won't run any of those, "invalid region blabla"... gasp. But well.
WiiU Key is not region free.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
True, but considering he has a legit copy then he can "legally" download a version of it that works and play it using the ODE :P Not that you'd want to do that considering how expensive a hardware mod is compared to waiting for a softmod that does actual region free.

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually they first said july thru late August...now it has been revised....this is normal MO for these type devices, companies so like always we just wait until the manna falls from on high

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if a drive emulator is released and available and working when zelda is released and it works with zelda , and i can find a console that is on the right FW(still not clear on weather or not the browser exploit in needed to dump drive key) then i will buy a wii u and an ODE , till then no

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if a drive emulator is released and available and working when zelda is released and it works with zelda , and i can find a console that is on the right FW(still not clear on weather or not the browser exploit in needed to dump drive key) then i will buy a wii u and an ODE , till then no

See I am thinking like you and have been holding on 5.1 because I fear they are going to need to use the browser exploit to get those keys, not sure that is even logical as I don't think you could read those keys without kernel access, but they are going to need a 'door' to launch a kernel exploit and we know from previous experience it can be done (like many times with IOS JB).

Hell I don't even care when they release it, I wish Cobra/Wiikey would come out with a statement to hang tight on 5.1 until you obtain your keys, or feel free to update it doesn't matter....why are these things so difficult......If GW had come out right away after announcing and said STAY ON 4.X they would have had a lot more potential customers to sell to.

Reactions: weatMod

FaTaL_ErRoR

AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you guys never used an ODE before? You never need "keys" for the ode to work. It reads infos and whatnot from the drive itself. And since they aren't released yet they haven't been patched out either. Also why on earth would you ever need the keys to make use of an ode??
The only people that needed the keys for the ode were the builders. Testing numerous U's at different firmwares and different regions allow them to write in coding that picks up on the encrypted drives and use their own encryption to sign the game as true. You don't need your keys when you console already used them to sign your drive. Just like when you buy a game your console doesn't write your drive info on the disk. The disk contains the info to activate the game. Just as the ODE's will give those said infos to the console.
In other news: check out my youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSQ8a6NzwlDw7NLpfqaZ4cg

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you guys never used an ODE before? You never need "keys" for the ode to work. It reads infos and whatnot from the drive itself. And since they aren't released yet they haven't been patched out either. Also why on earth would you ever need the keys to make use of an ode??
The only people that needed the keys for the ode were the builders. Testing numerous U's at different firmwares and different regions allow them to write in coding that picks up on the encrypted drives and use their own encryption to sign the game as true. You don't need your keys when you console already used them to sign your drive. Just like when you buy a game your console doesn't write your drive info on the disk. The disk contains the info to activate the game. Just as the ODE's will give those said infos to the console.
In other news: check out my youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSQ8a6NzwlDw7NLpfqaZ4cg

360 ODEs require drive keys, PS3 ones don't. It's on a per-system (and often per-drive) basis whether or not you need keys. ODEs are easier to create if there's an easy way to dump keys, and a lot more difficult if you have to work without keys, impossible in most cases. There's no 'drive signing', it's just that there's usually a single key that handles most of the encrypted talk between your console and drive.

Given that the Wii U has a lot of security bugs and setting up a usable exploit to dump console drive keys might not be very hard (especially for money-motivated hackers), I'd assume Wii U ODEs use drive keys.

Reactions: Quicksilver88

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
360 ODEs require drive keys, PS3 ones don't. It's on a per-system (and often per-drive) basis whether or not you need keys. ODEs are easier to create if there's an easy way to dump keys, and a lot more difficult if you have to work without keys, impossible in most cases. There's no 'drive signing', it's just that there's usually a single key that handles most of the encrypted talk between your console and drive.

Given that the Wii U has a lot of security bugs and setting up a usable exploit to dump console drive keys might not be very hard (especially for money-motivated hackers), I'd assume Wii U ODEs use drive keys.

Thanks I was going to bring up up the same point about x360 ODE so we really don't know which is why I wish we could get some clarification on this from the actual ODE teams.

D

Deleted User

OP
thinking about canning the preorded but dont know yet

I think you should.
Probably WiikeyU = Crown3DS
Just have to wait until the Gateway of Wii U comes out.
I'm still going to wait for Wii U homebrew, unless GatewayU is cheap.

Pox

Trophies
XP
Country
Well previous ODEs also weren't realized on time ( there were months of delay), and I think if they manage to release WiikeyU until New Year, its gonna be great.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.