Status
Not open for further replies.

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
eh the old bad it does is just about the same as not buying the game at all and not pirating or buying the game used the devs don't get any money from that as well not as bad as real stealing because piracy only hurts the company that makes the game stealing hurts the company and the gameshop it was sold at

Last edited by hacksn5s4,
Reactions: DeoNaught

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Here's my purchasing patterns:

Step 1: Pirate if it's possible to do so to try the game out, unless it's a game out on steam because of their refund policy.
Step 2: Liked the game? See how you can buy it and then spend the money. The only exceptions to this step if it's a region locked game and I don't have the appropriate region console to play that game. *which was the case for monster hunter generations in the Japanese release* Then again, I ended up buying it the NA release and never touching that game again.

This is what I do if it's a new game, if it's something like an MSX game or some ps2 game, I would pirate that game because I wouldn't be supporting the publisher buying a game that is out of print.
if your able to play pirated games on your 3ds your 3ds is also region free

MeowMeowMeow

S̈͊ͣ̎̍͋͟eͩ͊ͨ̂ͫ̐ͬ͟n̆ͨp͒ͪ̿̔aͤͬ̄ͩͨ͗̔iͧ̽ͤ
Trophies
D̀͌̀e̵ͧk̷u̾̂ͨ͗̾͊̚ ͥ̈ͤ̎̒̓T͊ͬ͜rͨ̌̔͂́e͂̌ͩͦ̃͜eͬͪ̄͝
XP
Country
Netherlands
Here's my purchasing patterns:

Step 1: Pirate if it's possible to do so to try the game out, unless it's a game out on steam because of their refund policy.
Step 2: Liked the game? See how you can buy it and then spend the money. The only exceptions to this step if it's a region locked game and I don't have the appropriate region console to play that game. *which was the case for monster hunter generations in the Japanese release* Then again, I ended up buying it the NA release and never touching that game again.

This is what I do if it's a new game, if it's something like an MSX game or some ps2 game, I would pirate that game because I wouldn't be supporting the publisher buying a game that is out of print.

O yeah the piracy fairytale... Like 90% of pirates saying yeah yeah I just test it out, if its good I will buy it !!!!!!111!!!!!!!!!! I bet not even 10% buy it afterwards, even if its a good game.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For me the answer is mostly no. I don't condone pirating games or movies that you can easily purchase legally.

That being said, I understand that sometimes things are intentionally very difficult to legally obtain, like a singular tv show that is the only reason to get a $60-120 a month cable subscription, or games that are no longer readily sold.

I legally purchase all PC, 3DS, and Wii U games. However, if you boot into Wii Mode on my Wii u you will see CFG loader filled with several GameCube and Wii games. Whenever a Wii game makes it to the eShop I buy it then delete the pirated version, but Nintendo still hasn't made Gamecube games available on the VC. And I have some obscure GC/Wii titles that I suspect will never make it to the eShop. I used to use Daz loader on my last homebuilt PC, but when i trade my laptop for this system I obtained a legal copy. It is a little questionable though, as I bought a Windows 7 OEM edition for $50 then used the assistive devices loophole to upgrade it to Windows 10 after the free upgrade period ended.

I'm only on this site to check on random things like NX news, and to see if there are any needed updates to CFGloader - but it's been abandoned and i see no need to switch so I'll just leave it. Most of the time whenever I see a thread here I'm asking myself "why the fuck do you want to do that?"

Last edited by Futurdreamz,

JCCG1989

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I do. I think people that cannot simply afford a game must have a chance to try the game and enjoy it. I only buy games I'm hardcore following...

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I don't agree with piracy nor do I care enough to disagree. Piracy isn't right and it is using a product without properly paying for it.
At the same time, it's an extremely small part of the industry and the effects of it are grossly overblown.

D

Deleted User

It depends,if the game is nothing more then recycled garbage with nothing innovative,or you spent money on the other prequel games already "cough cough x,y,or,as" then set sail and pirate away! If the game lives up to its hype however then it would be wise to support the company and buy the game so they continue to do future games just as good.

My point? Pirate only to try it out,if its any good,then buy it later on as a physical copy.

Last edited by ,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
[*]buy digital and
  • cry a lot in 5 years when servers shut down and we deleted MH4U to make space for MHGen and we can't get it back even though we paid for it
  • not be able to borrow/lend
  • too lazy to think about more of these but I'm sure I could

• Pay full price for a 5 year old software
  • The physical copy doubles as the most reliable place to put save backups

Reactions: Hayleia
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.