Hardware Are you a screen protector person?

keine

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Do you use screen protectors? Why or why not?

Did you get one for your 3DS? Did you use one with your DS? How'd it work out?

Which brand do you use?

I personally just recently started using one on my DS Lite, as my stylus started making a semi scratching sound against the screen. Bottom screen suffers from some hairline scratches. However consider I've played games like Elite Beat Agents and both Zeldas to death, I'd say thats pretty good.
Thoughts? I have a brand new black 3DS, I wanted to hear people's stances.
250$ to play an entirely new library of awesome ninty? and maybe some sweet VC? totally.

phantastic91

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i got the 3ds screen protector from hori on amazon. I can live without a screen protector on the top. but i want one on the bottom. I don't really like the screen protector i got because it makes the top ugly. In bright light the whole top screen looks very violet/purple. and fingerprints look worst with the screen protector. My fingerprints looked brown.... the top looks better without a screen proector but i already bought it so it's just going to stay on...

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use to expect my phat, but I'm not sure this time.I usually just put it on the touch screen, but I never had my screen scratch including my phat. I think I'm just going to put it in a case with the thing that came between the 3DS.

mikehammerX9

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Always Hori. Best one.
cool.gif

http://www.play-asia.com/Protection_Filter...en-70-434h.html (covers entire top half)

http://www.play-asia.com/Liquid_Crystal_Pr...en-70-44x5.html (only the screen)

Dead End

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont like the Look of the Screen protector for the top screen... If I could just get a touch screen Protecter and a Special Cloth to put inside then Ill be good..

Dylan

100 MILES AND RUNNIN'
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
I never really liked the idea of screen protectors. I'd rather exercise discipline in using it as delicately and carefully as possible. If it gets scratches, so be it. Hopefully that doesn't happen till as far down the track as possible and all systems will fail of something eventually so I just see a bit of physical wear as the natural course of events with these things. I prefer the natural and feel to the layer of protector.

Posts merged

I never really liked the idea of screen protectors. I'd rather exercise discipline in using it as delicately and carefully as possible. If it gets scratches, so be it. Hopefully that doesn't happen till as far down the track as possible and all systems will fail of something eventually so I just see a bit of physical wear as the natural course of events with these things. I prefer the natural feel to the layer of protector.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've decided to get a screen protector for it mainly because I'm just paranoid of the 3D screen. The top half is all made of the same material, so finger-prints galore show up in minutes.

N00ByBo0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I never use screen protectors either. I never had scratches on my screen, except a small one on my DS light which is 4 years old.

Barroom Hero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never. I rarely get screen scratches....but im considering a skin this time around cause there is some really sleek looking ones and i do get the normal wear on the consoles themselves

CherrySkitty

Trophies
XP
Country
I guess I am, though I don't like the unnatural look it gives. I didn't use one in the bottom screen at first and now I regret it u_u

Guess that I'll be using them. It's the best way to avoid everything from dust to accidental hair scratches .-.

Jan1tor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes I always use a screen protector now (Mainly on the touch screen) because I started to ruin the one on my ds lite after playing a game that you mainly touched one spot on the screen. I now have a small dot there. Since then I have used the protectors on my lite, my dsi, my xl, and now 3ds. The last ones I got were from "Icon" and I put them on my 3DS. Very good package, easy install with cloth & applicator. 2 sets in one package for $9.99 from Amazon.

justmike

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I don't use them. Purely because the look it leaves after some time. I want to experience all the wonders of the screen and with a protector, it limits this.

I have never had a scratch on my portables. I mean, what are you doing to scratch the top screen? Never put your fingers on it, if there is dust, use a wipe made for the 3DS and keep that only for the 3DS.

The bottom screen no matter if you use a protector or not, depending on how much activity is being done on it, it's going to show wear and tear. Touch screens are meant to do that. It will scratch, regardless of a protector for the touch screen, especially if you play Feel The Magic on HARD, lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Mines are all the dragon ball animes. Im also enjoying Fullmetal alchemist and my hero academia