Hacking Are there any programs out there that can send inputs to the wii u?

warspyking

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Also to those of you who were kind enough to provide links about the homebrew and setting it up, thanks, I'm reviewing them as I type :)

D

Deleted User

Just try to ignore it, OK? Believe me - the only way you'd brick your Wii U is if you took off a wall's paint, took off a brick and put your console in its place. Then it'd be bricked. (not funny? k)

Anyway, I made this thread, check it out!
https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-ultimate-guide-for-wii-u-homebrew.435491/

Resumed (no SD card version):
- Open the Internet Browser
- Delete all saved data from Settings (cookies only if not the first time doing it)
- Visit loadiine.ovh or equivalent
- Launch desired homebrew

Resumed (SD card version):
- Format your SD Card to FAT32 if not already done
- Put desired homebrew in wiiu/apps/ so it's in the format wiiu/apps/xxx/xxx.elf & other files
- Delete all saved data from Settings (cookies only if not the first time doing it)
- Visit loadiine.ovh or equivalent
- Launch the Homebrew Launcher
- Launch desired homebrew

Resumed (Self-Hosting version, for running .bin files a.k.a. for development):
- Download XAMPP or equivalent
- Put desired homebrew's .bin plus my self-hosting package in C:/xampp/htdocs (& delete everything else) & start server
- Open the Internet Browser
- Visit your computer's IP address (e.g. http/192.168.0.8/)

Resumed (Post-Hacking):
- ???
- Profit
Probably the best short guide I have seen for Wii U homebrew. Nice

malucart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
VinLark
Wait, you hacked a 5.5.1 console and left a 5.3.2 one unmodified? Was it just a typo or something?

warspyking

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I looked at the ultimate guide and flimflame69's guide. They were incredibly informative.

So assuming I DID use homebrew, how could I accomplish what my initial post is trying to do?

malucart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That's not what he wants, pie.

The closest I can get is HID to VPAD, but it uses USB controllers, not your PC.
You can use keyboards, but I'm not an idiot. I know you need your computer.

Do you know programming?

Last edited by malucart,

warspyking

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yeah it's UsendMii
oh duh you can't control anything else than the browser...

I've used this, and that's for controlling the pc with a controller. It's also pretty slow in my experience.

That's not what he wants, pie.

The closest I can get is HID to VPAD, but it uses USB controllers, not your PC.
You can use keyboards, but I'm not an idiot. I know you need your computer.

Do you know programming?

I'm really good with Lua, and I've uses AHK before for some quick and dirty scripts.

malucart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
No luck, you'll need to know C++.
I can do it for you though - a modified version of HID to VPAD that uses network signals instead of USB.

warspyking

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No luck, you'll need to know C++.
I can do it for you though - a modified version of HID to VPAD that uses network signals instead of USB.

C++ for what exactly? I can probably learn it if I NEED to...
Also that sounds great, how would it work :)

then you should probably make a release of it on gbatemp
I second this, that would probably be a very good addition to the repository of information and stuff you have here.

malucart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
For everything. C++ compiles to machine code, which means it's faster and almost every other language is made in C++. Yes, Lua is made in C (not C++).
Lua is just a simple interpreted scripting language, while C++ is a mainstream compiled programming language.

Though you will only need it if you want to make your own programs.

Same way as Cafiine probably, I'd just merge it with HIDtoVPAD

Last edited by malucart,

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Okay guys I think that's enough thread derailing? I appreciate both of your inputs, I probably should've put reasoning in the initial thread anyway.
Yeah, sorry, I came to my senses and realized that it really doesn't matter what you want it for, because in the end, it will be used for bad, if not by you, someone else, more than likely a person with anger issues. But good luck to you.

warspyking

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For everything. C++ compiles to machine code, which means it's faster and almost every other language is made in C++. Yes, Lua is made in C (not C++).
Lua is just a simple interpreted scripting language, while C++ is a mainstream compiled programming language.

Though you will only need it if you want to make your own programs.

Same way as Cafiine probably, I'd just merge it with HIDtoVPAD

So in other words, I'll probably need it. Lua is pretty fast, though, is there no way I could use Lua since I'm so familiar with it and it;d be easiest?

If not I'll have to suck it up and learn some C++ to do whatever I need.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah, sorry, I came to my senses and realized that it really doesn't matter what you want it for, because in the end, it will be used for bad, if not by you, someone else, more than likely a person with anger issues. But good luck to you.

Oh don't worry about it, you had valid reasons for wanting to know what my intentions were. It's just the argument was going on a little too long. Thanks for the encouragement however :)

malucart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Unless you rewrite Lua entirely to be compatible with the Wii U, no.

Pretty sure it'd go up your AAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

I seeeriously don't know why I typed this

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

malucart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Actually it's C, but C++ is a lot easier to deal with, since C is much lower-level (and I mean MUCH lower-level).

Anyway, the Wii U works differently. Maybe it actually isn't that different, but we are using homebrew, and in that case it is a lot different.
We make stuff using dynamically loaded proprietary libraries (except for two), not the extensive default library that C++ provides.

That means that the Lua libraries themselves would need to be touched hard (lenny face) to work with those.
But just learn C++! It's not that hard, really; You already got general programming knowledge, now you only need to learn the C++ specifics.

warspyking

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Actually it's C, but C++ is a lot easier to deal with, since C is much lower-level (and I mean MUCH lower-level).

Anyway, the Wii U works differently. Maybe it actually isn't that different, but we are using homebrew, and in that case it is a lot different.
We make stuff using dynamically loaded proprietary libraries (except for two), not the extensive default library that C++ provides.

That means that the Lua libraries themselves would need to be touched hard (lenny face) to work with those.
But just learn C++! It's not that hard, really; You already got general programming knowledge, now you only need to learn the C++ specifics.

I actually was going to learn it a while back, but I gave up do to the difficulty of testing an debugging it in an environment where I can build upon my knowledge in. I learned Lua while game developing on a site where it was the primary language used to interact with all the objects and API and stuff. I guess I'll look into again tomorrow, but it's nearly 2AM right now and I need to go to bed.

Thanks for all the help so far, I must say, this forum is incredibly nice and fast with the help. I'm glad I stumbled across this forum, you can't even count how many people and sites I'm contacted and signed up to trying to figure this out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: Had a question on 3ds