Hacking Are the only emulators for vita retroarch?

Cha0tic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Curious is that the case aside from the gba emulator can't remember the name.
Are there any but retroarch? If so are they any better then retro? Or is retro the best it gets?

Dr. Dew

Trophies
XP
Country
Sudan
There is some on the henkaku page like Neopop vita and old computer emulators on gekihen but yeah retroarch ones are probably the only ones
for main systems.

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scanline overlay that works with any emulator on the vita. Perfect lines. Very easy to make but I couldn't find it anywhere and made it myself. I love it.

Attachments

• vita-scanlines-fullscreen.rar
    968 bytes · Views: 220
Reactions: davidgilmour

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
There's around one or two alternatives to Retroarch for most main systems, I have GenesisPlus (not the Retroarch build) and Realboy right now that I occasionally use, and there were 2 SNES9x ports to the Vita that weren't a part of Retroarch, mGBA is the GBA/GB/C emulator you're thinking of as well.

But Retroarch is pretty much the "premiere" emulator setup nowadays, I don't think there's a lot of reason to not use it beyond maybe being a bit more complicated to setup if you want to change a few things for whatever reason.

rsn8887

Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Genesis plus don't have save states, also has bad sound and require all roms to be zipped. Also it doesn't have 6button,so can't play streets of rage 3, or street fighter or BEYOND OASIS! O_O

So i just use psp emulators on adrenaline or ark. Picodrive works well and emumaster is amazing for Game gear, master system and gameboy. So as long as i have adrenaline and ark psp homebrew, i'm okay until some impressive not retroarch emulator exist. :P

Only downside to psp emulators, is the bad resolution output. Cause is 480X272 output to HD iit doesn't look so well on 1080I HD if using pstv, but i mean i guess is just one bad thing about it. The Graphic filters on adrenaline helps. :D

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How well PSX retroarch emulator compare to TN-V? My friend bought a PS Vita < 3.00 & he's interested in PS1 games.

theguyver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How well PSX retroarch emulator compare to TN-V? My friend bought a PS Vita < 3.00 & he's interested in PS1 games.

I have a vita 3.18 using TN-X for ps1 and a vita 3.60. TN-X is a native setup in which everything sound/fps works perfect with the exception of a small amount of games (ie Dragon Warrior 7 missing text) Retroarch ps1 emulator on the 3.60 games are "playable" but most have sound and fps issues, far from perfect. If hes interested in only ps1 just upgrade to FW 3.18 and install TNX

Last edited by theguyver,

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a vita 3.18 using TN-X for ps1 and a vita 3.60. TN-X is a native setup in which everything sound/fps works perfect with the exception of a small amount of games (ie Dragon Warrior 7 missing text) Retroarch ps1 emulator on the 3.60 games are "playable" but most have sound and fps issues, far from perfect. If hes interested in only ps1 just upgrade to FW 3.18 and install TNX
Can you spend a little time to test "Music generator" with retorarch ? It's the only game he wants tbh

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs