Hacking Are save games from cards and Vitamin dumps compatible?

Waifu4Life

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey there,

I did a test by dumping one of my physical games using Vitamin to see if the data was compatible, transferring the save data folder via FTP. I tried different combo of files and folder, but the closes I got was loading the game, but when selecting the save game, but a corruption error.

So are my findings conclusive by saying that the dump you make with Vitamine changes the encryption of the game so that the save data made with a card is no longer compatible?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
The reason doing it your way doesn't work is because the save games are encrypted. Vita Save Manager decrypts the save, so you can transfer it between games and various formats. Doing it your way only works if you're backing up the save and restoring it for the same game via the same format (ie. VPK, cartridge, maidump)

Vita Save Manager shouldn't cause you to lose any saves, I've used to a few dozen times with no issues whatsoever.

Primula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know before it was not compatible with it and like you I did lose a save on a save test but I had a full qcma backup on my computer to recover from. Does it cross save now from psn, cartridge, and dump, I can't answer that. Tom say yes but personally I normally want more than on verification on "hours of work" saves.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I know before it was not compatible with it and like you I did lose a save on a save test but I had a full qcma backup on my computer to recover from. Does it cross save now from psn, cartridge, and dump, I can't answer that. Tom say yes but personally I normally want more than on verification on "hours of work" saves.
You can read the changelog on the releases, they should all work regardless of version. https://github.com/d3m3vilurr/vita-savemgr/releases

Primula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I meant cross-save i ment...

cartridge > dump
psn > dump
dump > cartridge
dump > psn

I think your post say it doesn't do that and from what I read around too...because of the encryption and decryption

As for all version work I remember when it was still using the rincheat folder as the saves and I was testing a game... it mess it up lol... While my recent test of it tested wonderfully on dump games....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...