are ds phats starting to become rare

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Spongebobplace, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Spongebobplace
    OP

Spongebobplace a weird person

Apr 22, 2016
    United States
    Earth
    as the title says

(i have one in good condition and its blue)

2. VashTS

VashTS Beat it, son

GBAtemp Patron
    VashTS is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Upstate NY
    yeah and i kinda want one again but after thinking about the cost vs what im actually receiving, i usually decline to buy. they are just so terrible compared to later gen DS systems.

i owned about 4 of them over the years, the blue model being my favorite and one i played the most.

3. Spongebobplace
    OP

Spongebobplace a weird person

Apr 22, 2016
    United States
    Earth
    yea the ds lite has better screens and looks better and the dsi adds many features (and so on with the 3ds family) but the main reason i like the ds phat is because it fells SO GOOD in the hands (also gba slot dosent stick out)

Ryccardo likes this.
  4. Paul N Andrea Bristall

Paul N Andrea Bristall Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 7, 2016
    United States
    They may be rare apart from in my house... i have 104 :rofl2: all in full working order except they all have broken hinges.

I brought them with the intention of fixing them, but the supplier i intended to buy the new housings from stopped doing them :rolleyes: now instead of shells being £4 each it's more like £12. so like the past 3 years they still sit in boxes collecting dust.

5. guisadop

guisadop GBAtemp Regular

Jun 22, 2012
    Brazil
    Nah, you can get one brand "new" (refurbished) from china.

6. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    I think so. Mine was assembled myself with the best parts from 3 broken ones got from friends around 2009, and for many years Gamestop didn't have them and neither does Cex (although they opened less than a year ago in Italy)
    The classifieds here were also full of people selling their DS (almost always a Lite) with flashcard, nowadays they all disappeared...

7. Skv0ra

Skv0ra Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 1, 2007
    United States
    Time flies. Besides nostalgia though, nothing CFW 3DS and a DS cart can't do these days, and form factor is pretty on-point. I wish we had other options besides EZ Flash for GBA though.... or I need to stop being lazy and hunt down a tabbed battery for my M3 to pop back into the Micro for that rad tiny experience.