Arc System Works is making a Dragon Ball Z fighting game

Dragon-Ball-Fighters-Ann_06-09-17_001.jpg

Arc System Works, the developer behind the Guilty Gear and BlazBlue fighting game series is back, and taking on a new franchise; Dragon Ball Z. Titled Dragon Ball Fighters, the game will focus on having two teams of 3 fighters take each other on. The producer of the game said in the press release, that Fighters will be in 2.5D as opposed to more recent DBZ games using 3D, as he claims that 2.5D fighters capture a style that 3D fighting games cannot. Dragon Ball Z Fighters is set for a 2018 release, for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

I hope it's similar to Dragon Ball Kai in the DS. That game is awesome!
Dragon Ball Kai: Ultimate Butouden
Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butouden

Both of these used the title 'Butouden' which was really cool and there was nothing stopping gamers from playing/buying DBK:UB but it was only in Japanese. No official English translation. :( Okay yeah, there's an English fan-translation but it's not quite the same as just buying the game and playing without doing anything else.

Made up titles for this one:

Dragon Ball Z/Super: Super Butouden
Dragon Ball Z/Super: Mega Butouden
Dragon Ball Z/Super: Ultra Butouden
Dragon Ball Z: Butouden 4

Quite like the 'Super Butouden' and 'Ultra Butouden' titles or the one to revive the SNES series.. Butouden 4.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
3 on 3? Fuck, why? I'm not good at Marvel vs Capcom more than I'm not good at Blazblue and Guilty Gear. Why can't we just have a 1 on 1 DBZ fighter that isn't shallow?
totally agreed. i'm old and i'm not in the mood to sort out half a dozen key combinations just to get my other characters into play.
i just want the option to play one on one with extra stamina. a little bit like tekken tag tournament solves the issue.
you play one character and he got extra health and starts of a little stronger

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i liked extreme botuden. what was your problem with it?
Is not what I would expect from the same company who make guilty gear xrd or blaz blue, is more simplistic in the fighting style. Had it been more like either of the two aforementioned games, it would be more satisfying.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Despite being a huge Dragon Ball fanboy, I'm not familiar with the games. Much less Arc System Works. I hope it does well.
Watch a video on guilty gear xrd, that should be enough to grab your attention, then watch a video of Dragon Ball Z extreme butouden, then see how drastic the change in expectation is. Trust me, is nothing alike. If you want a easy game you would play extreme botuden, if you want a challenging game that is fun and rewarding then guilty gear is the one.

By the way, PERSONA 4 ARENA is made also by arc system works, is still much better than extreme butouden.

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,
Reactions: RustInPeace

jerzmob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do people keep on saying "switch version?" just cut it out already. even as a Nintendo fan I can admit that Nintendo dropped the ball again releasing a weaker console...thats a hybrid

Reactions: Ericzander

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Another good DBZ game to skip a Nintendo console, has Bandai Namco learned nothing
What lesson were they supposed to learn? That they should put time and resources into porting a game to a weaker console with less players?

If so, yeah they dropped the ball again.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano
S

Saiyan Lusitano

Guess this means that a port of Dragon Ball Heroes is gonna be a Switch exclusive.
And if that's ever made it'll only be published in Japan because Dragon Ball Heroes is not a thing in the West. Sure, customers can import it but they probably won't bother translating it to English in this case.

Reactions: YugamiSekai

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to derail this thread, I'm just going to disagree. It is a two way street. They should be hitting while the iron is hot, to keep it hot.
Not to mention, Switch is the only true way to play these games on the go. Miss opportunities.

Anyway, I wonder if it will have online.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally! There hasn't been a good dbz fighting game with online play on consoles since dbz burst limit imo, and it's a traditional fighting game to boot.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Joder. The Xbox E3 trailer looks friggin' awesome.

PS4 will be a must in 2018. :)

S

Saiyan Lusitano

I just saw it and I so want the game! They got the anime style of the show down, and I'm a sucker for fighting games, so it all matches up for me. If I can't get XOX, I'll definitely get it for PS4.
Unless you're a hardcore Xbox One gamer then the XX (XOX) won't be worth it. PS4 has a far better catalogue of games to pick, imo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: