Apple Watch

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I got an Apple Watch recently. I actually didn't want one as the concept of a smart watch as never really interested me, but my latest iOS app adds Watch support so I needed one for testing. Having used it for a couple of weeks I have to admit that I absolutely love it. I use it for turn-byturn GPS navigation, making and receiving calls and dictating messages in the car, checking eBay stuff, logging gym workouts, checking my diary for the day, checking my bank account balances... I honestly thought that having all that on a watch would just be a novelty, but it's amazing how much easier it is to use, and how glancing at a notification on the watch becomes even more instinctive than pulling out your phone.

Edit - oh, and paying for stuff with your watch is pretty cool too :D

Any other Apple/Smart Watch lovers or haters? :lol:

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
<snip>

For the topic: I never thought about something like that to be honest. In my sense it's a bit too.. technical? Don't know how to describe it. And since I'm not an Apple fan, it is okay to skip that trend.

How does that thing look anyway? I think of something like out of a bubblegum machine. ;-)

Last edited by raulpica, , Reason: Might be a joke, but it's an easily misunderstandable one -rp

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit - oh, and paying for stuff with your watch is pretty cool too :D

Now when I go to gamestop I just bring my watch it's super nifty

I love meh apple watch. What model did you get? I got the sports gold and midnight blue band.

Last edited by BurningDesire,

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
For the topic: I never thought about something like that to be honest. In my sense it's a bit too.. technical? Don't know how to describe it. And since I'm not an Apple fan, it is okay to skip that trend.
It's not that technical since thanks to iCloud it integrates automatically into the phone :)

How does that thing look anyway? I think of something like out of a bubblegum machine. ;-)
Here's mine:
image.jpeg

Edit - my arm needs a shave :P

@BurningDesire
Mine's a 42mm aluminium sports with a stainless steel bracelet. I've also got a rubber strap I can use for the gym.

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah that's why I got the aluminium. Matches anything :) Could you trade it?

Heh, I considered censoring the name but I don't care, plus anybody who knows me could identify me from the tatt anyway :P
I could trade it but tbh idk if anyone wants to. I guess i can make a thread on temp later. Yee as well as the fact that there is nothing to be ashamed about sharing your name. Everyone and their mother on this forum knows i'm Timothy

At least everyone of my followers and their mother

D

Deleted User

Got mine last July, stainless steal + Milanese Loop. Loving it. However, I'm going to try and sell it in a few days depending on what happens at WWDC.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
How can one comfortable type on the screen the size of a penny?

Unless I get one for free, I'd prolly never have one (and even if I get one for free, I'd never use it)

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country

Unless I get one for free, I'd prolly never have one (and even if I get one for free, I'd never use it)
You don't type on it. You dictate and it converts to text.

Heads up the Apple watch 2 might have a face time camera and won't need to be near your phone
Oh nice! Well I needed one pronto otherwise I might have waited for the next model. If the app sales go well I might be able to upgrade ;)

Reactions: BurningDesire

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You don't type on it. You dictate and it converts to text.

Think I'll just stick to me lappy when I'm doing things.
Phone I also barely use.

Can you believe it, 24 years old and already acting like a senoir ;p

Reactions: zoogie

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hehe, actually it's not as small as it looks in that photo. Here's one from further away to give some context:
View attachment 49556

I'm with Dino here. I think just using the voice is a bit "funny", thinking I would do this in public makes me blush. But from a design perspective it's not even half bad, even if it's bigger then I thought. :)

Not that I would write any dirty messages or something. ;)

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm with Dino here. I think just using the voice is a bit "funny", thinking I would do this in public makes me blush. But from a design perspective it's not even half bad, even if it's bigger then I thought. :)

Not that I would write any dirty messages or something. ;)
Not wanting to use voice dictation in public is a very fair point of criticism for the watch. Although I don't really like drawing attention to myself, I don't particularly care what people think of me so I just use it out and about. The voice control is hugely useful when driving. For example, I can get turn by turn directions, control my music, send text messages and call people without taking my hands off the wheel :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nice tattoo haha :P
Thanks ;) I should post pics of it really. It's a full Nintendo sleeve :D

Reactions: VinsCool

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Not wanting to use voice dictation in public is a very fair point of criticism for the watch. Although I don't really like drawing attention to myself, I don't particularly care what people think of me so I just use it out and about. The voice control is hugely useful when driving. For example, I can get turn by turn directions, control my music, send text messages and call people without taking my hands off the wheel :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks ;) I should post pics of it really. It's a full Nintendo sleeve :D
Post your tattoo and selfie in the tempers pic thread ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol