Hacking Apparently, somebody Decrypted a PKG

• Thread starter Deleted-394630
  • Start date
  • Views 31,981
  • Replies 130
D

Deleted-384698

OP
I'm rooting for this, hopefully one day I can live an HD remaster of PSP hacks era nostalgia. I need something to fill the void that bricking my PSP 2000 when I was 14 left.

demounit

Trophies
XP
Country
someone on reddit just posted that if you turn off your WiFi your save should be back?

I guess the game is calling home even if you don't have psn hooked up. probably best to always have the vita on airplane when not using ftp.

Reactions: KyoMaxy

KyoMaxy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've been playing is for over 10 hours now. In the beginning I was having no issues but after a few hours I couldn't save (all previous saves are gone) and when I try to save in any slot I will get the error C2-2004-6 which stands for SCE_APPUTIL_ERROR_NOT_MOUNTED

I haven't checked the actual game save files in Viteshell as I'd have to close the game and loose all progress.

ihave the same problem, try exit the game and turn off wifi, load save in another game and then launch tokyo xanadu again, and load the save, it work for me

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

someone on reddit just posted that if you turn off your WiFi your save should be back?

I guess the game is calling home even if you don't have psn hooked up. probably best to always have the vita on airplane when not using ftp.
that was me AHUSUHASUH

Reactions: demounit

Cinnamon

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
That's because the retail game actually turns off the Wifi before starting it which this version does not. Beginning to sound like a debug build which was supposed to be run on more powerful debug hardware now and not a retail dump.

Last edited by Cinnamon,

demounit

Trophies
XP
Country
i agree that i don't believe this is a retail dump.

has the original dumper said anything new about his 'tool'?

Cinnamon

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The original dumper's post has been removed from its original forum. No new news till now. Guess someone is getting fired somewhere.

SonsofOcelot

Shalashaska
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
The original dumper's post has been removed from its original forum. No new news till now. Guess someone is getting fired somewhere.

Big surprise. Honestly this is getting ridiculous. "I found a way to pirate Vita games!" "I decrypted an eboot and a system app!" "I'm gonna pass off a devkit game as a legit rip!"

*Sigh* not gonna lie I am fine with people who want to be pirates. But geez can we please stop with the fakes?

Maav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Actually, I don't think this is a dev build, and, to me, it seems more like a legit rip than it ever has now.

I mean, I'm pretty sure that disabling Wi-Fi when the game starts is an instruction in the EBOOT's header. What if he, for some reason, lost this data when stripping DRM? It could be either a human mistake or a lack of full knowledge of the file format (or a combination of both).

And, at the same time, this explains why some games disable Wi-Fi to run -- to save resources for other stuff to work properly when your game uses more of the Vita's hardware.

Of course, that's just my two cents. The best way this Chinese guy can prove it's legit is by ripping another game. And, if we run into similar issues, we can even know it's an issue with his DRM-stripping process.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Actually, I don't think this is a dev build, and, to me, it seems more like a legit rip than it ever has now.

I mean, I'm pretty sure that disabling Wi-Fi when the game starts is an instruction in the EBOOT's header. What if he, for some reason, lost this data when stripping DRM? It could be either a human mistake or a lack of full knowledge of the file format (or a combination of both).

And, at the same time, this explains why some games disable Wi-Fi to run -- to save resources for other stuff to work properly when your game uses more of the Vita's hardware.

Of course, that's just my two cents. The best way this Chinese guy can prove it's legit is by ripping another game. And, if we run into similar issues, we can even know it's an issue with his DRM-stripping process.

Is this debunked now as a Chinese/Japanese dev version or is it still up in the air, as to whether it is a retail decrypted dump? Too much speculation elsewhere to decide.

I'm rooting for this, hopefully one day I can live an HD remaster of PSP hacks era nostalgia. I need something to fill the void that bricking my PSP 2000 when I was 14 left.

A pandora battery with DC8 would have worked on a 2000 version to un brick it.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Maav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is this debunked now as a Chinese/Japanese dev version or is it still up in the air, as to whether it is a retail decrypted dump? Too much speculation elsewhere to decide.

Still up in the air, but people seem to be inclined to the devkit side.

We have yet to find any evidence for this to be a devkit dump, and I tend to give the benefit of doubt to people, so... yeah.

Reactions: retrofan_k
D

Deleted-384698

OP

A pandora battery with DC8 would have worked on a 2000 version to un brick it.
Didn't have cash back then and didn't have the courage to take apart the battery lol.
Weirdly enough, I still have it, I recently took apart the battery, it doesn't seem to have the chip that you're supposed to modify to make it a pandora battery.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Didn't have cash back then and didn't have the courage to take apart the battery lol.
Weirdly enough, I still have it, I recently took apart the battery, it doesn't seem to have the chip that you're supposed to modify to make it a pandora battery.

You dont need to take it apart. Get someone with an original Sony battery to make one or buy a pre made pandora one and you can do the whole process with just software by creating a magic memory stick. Very easy to do.

http://wololo.net/cfw-for-dummies-psp-1000-and-hackable-psp-2000/

Any questions pm me.

Sorry mods..Back on topic now.

Last edited by retrofan_k,
Reactions: MDashK

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
no.

if there wasn't that fluke release of that in development adventure time game, i don't think anyone would really be debating on whether this tokyo xanadu dump is really dumped or just a leak.

but still, we don't know. strange for the user who uploaded to lie about it... (he said it was from cart etc) but things like that happen, some people are weird.

i hope it is real, i think it is. we just need to wait...

Last edited by cearp,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.