Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney coming to 3DS

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Aug 9, 2017.

1. ElyosOfTheAbyss

ElyosOfTheAbyss GBAtemp Addict

Aug 20, 2015
    Who remembers when the Korean rating board leaked this :unsure:

2. bradzx

bradzx x-Darkie-x

Sep 19, 2009
    United States
    Ponyville
    HOLY HARD CORE APPLE! First Metrod 2 in 3ds version, then Mario and Luigi in 3ds version and now this?! Dude, where is this coming from? 3 remaster games already. I think my head is going to- *wtfboom*

Pandaxclone2 likes this.
  3. StarTrekVoyager

StarTrekVoyager Soon™

Jun 19, 2016
    France
    Paris
    Wtf, what do people like so much in these weird court games?

4. ElyosOfTheAbyss

ElyosOfTheAbyss GBAtemp Addict

Aug 20, 2015
    the plot

Pandaxclone2 likes this.
  5. StarTrekVoyager

StarTrekVoyager Soon™

Jun 19, 2016
    France
    Paris
    Really? Is it good enough to forget the fact that you play as... an advocate?

6. Bimmel

Bimmel ~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~

Jan 28, 2014
    Gambia, The
    It's a great Visual Novel series with a bunch of lovely characters.

In case you like to read a lot and enjoy finding stepladders in every crime scene, this game is for you.

Pandaxclone2 likes this.
  7. Lumstar

Lumstar Princess

Mar 6, 2006
    United States
    Darling
    Yes. Technically Japanese text is new to western 3DS owners. The DS version was Japanese-only in Japan, then excluded Japanese outside Japan.
    But once again you don't get the extra European translations.

8. Pluupy

Pluupy Woof!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    They really don't. You can skip Apollo Justice and still easily grasp his character in DD and SoJ. Apollo's character development is flimsy before Spirit of Justice. You can play each one separately and be just fine.

If you have to ask, you haven't experienced them since it's really easy to understand why. They're more detective games than court.

That's because they're reboots.

Nekomaru likes this.
  9. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    IIRC the first game was called Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, but all the others had Ace Attorney at the beginning. Except for Apollo Justice, which makes sense since it's the first game in a new branch and the game is all about him.

Pandaxclone2 likes this.
  10. Pluupy

Pluupy Woof!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    It was titled Phoenix Wright once and that was for the first game. Why would you have trouble with the titles?

11. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    You know, I thought the same exact thing until I tried them. It's normally not the kind of game I would play, I only discovered the series thanks to piracy and a friend sending me songs from the games and suggesting I play them. I'm a sucker for great game music.
    And man, am I glad I did. I've been a fan ever since.

If you've never tried them, I really recommend you try out at least one of them. They certainly aren't for everyone, but they're the kind of games that are probably overlooked by a lot of people that would thoroughly enjoy them if they gave them a chance.

The courtroom parts are my favorite, but if you like detective games or other "find clues/objects" type games like 999 and Virtue's Last Reward, you may prefer the detective parts. Actually, if you like those types of games you'll probably like Ace Attorney too.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye, Aug 10, 2017
    mwahaha and Ryccardo like this.
  12. HaloEliteLegend

HaloEliteLegend ~Apprentice Game Designer~

Oct 17, 2015
    United States
    Seattle, WA
    I dunno, I've seen it both ways so I never know if I should call the series "Ace Attorney" or "Phoenix Wright."

13. Ev1l0rd

Ev1l0rd (⌐◥▶◀◤) Knight of Void

Oct 26, 2015
    Netherlands
    Land of Darkness and Bounty
    Nice to see the entire series is going to be natively available on the 3DS without having to bother with TWLoader!

14. BlastedGuy9905

BlastedGuy9905 Ace Bricker

Apr 13, 2017
    United States
    Outside your windows ᕙ(◔ᗜ◔)ᕗ
    ACE ATTORNEY INVESTIGATIONS 1&2 FOR THE SWITCH. NOW.

15. VinLark

VinLark This machine kills bourgeois sentimentality.

Jun 11, 2016
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Psychosystem Denomination
    Oh, already played it on iOS. Cool to see it coming to iOS but it doesn't look like a huge improvement...

16. mwahaha

mwahaha GBAtemp Regular

Aug 15, 2013
    Indonesia
    You know, when I heard about this game in 2011, that's my exact thought. I never have a good views on lawyers or attorney overall and when I heard about this game, I really skeptic about this. In addition, I'm not a fan of visual novel game in the past, so the thought of playing or even loving the series is never crossed me. And boy how wrong I was at that time.
    Just like me at that time, you will have skepticism about the game right now because you never played or experience it. Just try the first entry of the series and you will understand why this game is popular.

With improved sprites as 3D models. Yummy!!!

Last edited by mwahaha, Aug 12, 2017
    VinsCool likes this.
  17. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    I'd recommend you to try the first Ace Attorney game, playing as an attorney may sound boring but the games unfold more as an interactive novel with really good plot twists about murder cases.

18. Pandaxclone2

Pandaxclone2 Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist

Aug 17, 2015
    noun; a particular place or position.
    Nintendo, you're hitting all the notes right lately but could you please do them further apart? My poor wallet's already recovering from the sting of pre-ordering Superstar Saga and Metroid II. :x

But seriously, this is great. :yay3ds: Been an Ace Attorney fan ever since the memes got to me and I had to check it out for myself. It's a shame they've never seen fit to release a main-series 3DS title out to international waters, but regardless I'll be buying it. (Perhaps with this game finally out, they might actually release physical copies...)

Personally I've gone with Ace Attorney since that accounts for all titles and spinoffs that aren't predominantly based on (or include) Phoenix Wright.

Last edited by Pandaxclone2, Aug 16, 2017
    HaloEliteLegend likes this.
  19. tetrabrik

tetrabrik Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2017
    United States
    yes yes so much yes!! man I can't believe how well ninty is treating the later lifecycle of the 3ds. a slow burner for sure. I remember feeling this way when I finally got my DS in 2009 too.

Pandaxclone2 likes this.