APM MHX/MHGen Save Editor

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by APM, Jul 15, 2016.

1. MonstaHunta

MonstaHunta Member

Newcomer
    Apr 6, 2017
    United States
    Ah, ok cool! So just to make absolutely sure before I dive into this, the steps are gonna be:

Homebrew Launcher > SafeCTRTransfer > A9LH+Luma > NTR Selector > MHGen Cheats Plugin

Do I have all that right? Or did am I missing a step in there?

2. TehLosr

TehLosr Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 14, 2017
    Gambia, The
    Well i got a tiny problem with the editor...

When i try to import an Palico from the Files from this Thread the Import process works flawlessly
    i can use the Support skills but not the Skills themself (like Last Stand or Ranged Attack+)
    Also i dont know if has benn mentioned in the Thread so i apologize if i am repeating an already solved Question/Problem

3. TehLosr

TehLosr Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 14, 2017
    Gambia, The
    So does this mean that even if i dont put upt 6 memory skills into the skill list they are removed on quest start?? because thats what i was asking in my last Post just now

4. iSharingan

iSharingan GBAtemp Fan

Jun 23, 2016
    United States
    In a room
    The restriction only applies to the active skills list. Just equip active skills in game to avoid any problems. As long at the learned list follows the RNG pattern you're fine (and any empty slots can be literally whatever - except the last one which will crash the game if not empty)

5. bross30

bross30 Member

Newcomer
    May 17, 2010
    Afghanistan
    Nevermind
  6. KanterZ

KanterZ YouTuber, Modder. I also do SOFTMOD Services

Oct 9, 2015
    When's XX Editor coming?

7. GhostOfOblivion

GhostOfOblivion Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2016
    United States
    Can I use the MHG save tool to pull the information for the talisman editor? It does I was just being tired and not realizing it worked.

Last edited by GhostOfOblivion, Apr 17, 2017
  8. Knitten

Knitten Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2016
    United States
    @iSharingan heyo do you know anything about manually compiling ntr codes?

9. iSharingan

iSharingan GBAtemp Fan

Jun 23, 2016
    United States
    In a room
    depends on the process you mean. If I have the gateshark codes or a list of memory locations/values to change, then yes, I have several methods I can use depending on the intended effect (the NTR Plugin manager makes simple codes easy while I can fairly easily set up more complex activation methods via a C++ compiled plugin).

As for reverse engineering codes form an existing plugin (implying no source code available, like some speedfly plugins/etc.), I'm not sure anyone is skilled enough for that (as it requires reverse engineering binary commands -> assembly -> deciphering what memory addresses are being written and what vales they're being set to -> translating to C++/gateshark code [of which the first 2-3 steps require god-tier code knowledge, being effectively 'fluent' in assembly, and an in-depth knowledge of how the plugins themselves work with the NTR applet])

Just PM me what you need done and I'll let you know.

10. GhostOfOblivion

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2016
    United States
    Does anyone know how to load up the mh cheat plugin? like what program does it use to get it to work?

11. Knitten

Knitten Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2016
    United States
    You need CFW installed on your N3DS there homebrew needed is called NTR and if you're on o3DS you'll need NTR-Mode3

12. GhostOfOblivion

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2016
    United States
    Does that NTR conflict with the regular homebrew?

13. Knitten

Knitten Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2016
    United States
    uhh... no? I've never had any issue with it, but, I literally only use it for mhgen so I wouldn't know about anything else. All you do is launch NTR then the game you want to cheat in that's it, if the system powers down or resets NTR is dumped and you're back on whatever you were on before you launched it until you relaunch NTR.

14. iSharingan

iSharingan GBAtemp Fan

Jun 23, 2016
    United States
    In a room
    'basic' homebrew isn't enough to run NTR. You need to be able to run unsigned code, which is why full custom firmware is needed. Homebrew can be run on CFW, but isn't needed after CFW is installed for NTR to be used. NTR essentially runs in the background while playing a game and can be used to modify values in RAM via codes defined in a game-specific plugin.

NTR is not a form of homebrew. it's an applet that is usually launched from the home menu before launching a game.

Last edited by iSharingan, Apr 18, 2017
  15. GhostOfOblivion

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2016
    United States
    Guess what I mean is can regular homebrew and ntr be on the machine at the same time?

16. iSharingan

iSharingan GBAtemp Fan

Jun 23, 2016
    United States
    In a room
    yes they can, but you need full custom firmware (like Luma) to even use NTR in the first place. NTR is unrelated to homebrew. Still, this is not the place to discuss this.

Last edited by iSharingan, Apr 18, 2017
  17. Samus_MH

Samus_MH Member

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2017
    Does anyone have a cheat plugins file for Monster hunter stories? I can't seem to find them.

18. GhostOfOblivion

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2016
    United States
  19. iSharingan

iSharingan GBAtemp Fan

Jun 23, 2016
    United States
    In a room
    Not the place for that.
    again, this is not the place for this discussion. If you dont have Luma/cakes/another full CFW installation, you cant run NTR. That version is stupidly outdated, too. Use Nanquitas' NTR selector (and I'll say it again: YOU NEED FULL CFW TO USE IT)

20. Yeahz

Yeahz Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 20, 2017
    Hello i think i broke something as my character is now stuck at HR7 anyone know how to fix this ?