APM MHX/MHGen Save Editor

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by APM, Jul 15, 2016.

Jul 15, 2016

APM MHX/MHGen Save Editor by APM at 7:58 AM (610,148 Views / 37 Likes) 4,056 replies

1. iSharingan

Member iSharingan GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I have the data for it already located and the format deciphered, it just needs to be implemented when/if APM gets a chance. If you know how to hex edit, I can DM the info.

2. MechaCrab

Newcomer MechaCrab Newbie

United States
    Hi there! I love the editor, but I've been having a slight problem lately. My game crashes whenever I try to access my Equipment Set 03. It's not major, and it's easy enough to avoid, but I'd like to put the issue out of my mind and see if I can fix it. I'm not even sure what I have registered to that set, as every time I attempt to move my cursor over it, the game shuts off. This is the only "landmine" I've been able to find in my game, and it's likely caused by the game being unable to find whatever equipment it is that's assigned to that slot. I've been trying to diagnose the issue myself to limited success, but I was hoping to see if there was a way that I might locate that specific set in my extdata and either remove it or (at least) find out what equipment it's trying to recover. Hope that somebody can help, and thanks for your time!

3. iSharingan

United States
    Use this to find the offsets for equipment sets, then make the appropriate changes in a hex editor

4. MechaCrab

United States
    What would you recommend? I own a mac (been using Wine to use the editor), so I'm not sure what would be appropriate for hex editing the save.

Edit: Ok, got a usable Hex Editor. I'm a bit unused to finding offsets, but from your table, Equipment Set 03 in MHGen should have an offset of 16EC7 (16DB7 + 110(hex)). The lines of the Hex Editor are displayed in six-digits (000000), so I would assume that I am looking for the line (016EC7) to find my variables, however when I scroll down there, It's just a mass of zero's. I'm probably looking in the wrong place, but I'm still a novice, so forgive me for being a little confused about a few things.

Edit 2: Found the problem. The offsets I was looking for were WAY farther down at (1247D0). Wouldn't have found them without the text on the side saying (S E T 1, S E T 2, etc.), so I guess I failed at finding them myself, but hey, I was able to delete whatever gear was on that slot, and when I booted the game up again, voila!

Thank you again, iSharingan for the offsets table, even though I was too stupid to read it properly, and thank you for the suggestion to use a hex editor. :)

Last edited by MechaCrab, Feb 26, 2017
  5. WaitWhatBro

Newcomer WaitWhatBro Advanced Member

United States
    I do not know how, likely have to wait for the editor.
    Also your 100% Clear save has a bit of a issue, Guild Card is unusable at all. In game and Editor the name on the card cant be changed. Trying to view the GC crashes the game.

6. iSharingan

United States
    No, it doesn't. You didn't read the post where I uploaded the save. Go back and do that now.

The GC name will auto-fill the current name after you save in-game, so there's no reason to let you change it in the editor.

You're calculating the offset right, but from the start of the character's data and not the start of the save file itself. To make it simple, use the character exporter from the OP to pop out just the character with the issue. Edit the resulting file and go to that offset using the following values:
    [​IMG]
    Once that's done, save the file and use the character exporter again to put it back in your save file.

7. MechaCrab

United States
    I understand now. That would explain the discrepancy in the locations from the full extdata to the one with the character data exported. I was able to correct my problem thanks to you, and I will definitely remember your solutions in case I run into any other similar problems in the future. Thank you!

Last edited by MechaCrab, Feb 26, 2017
  8. Endy

Newcomer Endy Newbie

United States
    Is there a way to export the weapons and then modify them to like boost their attack and stuff, and then import to the game to use?

9. iSharingan

United States
    As has been said numerous times, no. Not without editing the game itself. This is not MH4U. there are no relic weapons.
    -----------------------------

Anyway, here are some of my weapon sets:

Blast Dual Blades (General Use)

DPS Hunting Horn

General Use CB

Rajang Stall CB

Crit-spam Great Sword

Last edited by iSharingan, Feb 26, 2017
    Wrathalos likes this.
  10. Wrathalos

Member Wrathalos GBAtemp Regular

United States
    That Great Sword build is very nice, I can see it taking anything easily with adept and the dual blades are a cool QoL build. Thanks for sharing them!

11. WaitWhatBro

United States
    Could you put those in Set Documents for Importing please?

Also didn't know that about the Guild Card, thanks for the info!

12. iSharingan

United States
    it's actually not as lolzy as you might think. Due to the motion values, using Attack Up has minimal returns on DB. Status/element up/crit also wont affect blast, so they're out as well (and make crit builds kinda ho-hum, especially considering you'd be building from a zero-affinity starting point). Best practice is to just be able to keep sharpness multipliers up for as long as possible and keep applying pressure (which Aerial DB does exceptionally well). Item Use Up helps further extend your onslaught as it will extend your Mega Dash Juice duration. This set fights roughly on-par with or surpasses most of the elemental builds shared earlier as far as DPS given a slightly drawn out battle (bar Teostra and Brachydos who are effectively immune to Blast, incidentally superior sharpness on other DBs, and select monsters that are stupidly weak to an element in an easy-to-hit location)

13. kimjhs

Newcomer kimjhs Newbie

Korea, South
    I have freezing issue whenever i press continue on the title menu. The editor worked fine when i had just one character, but after i started a new character(in the second slot) and try to edit, the game freeze. I can play the game, but editing is now impossible.. can i get some help?

14. HolyBash

Newcomer HolyBash Member

United States
    um |I need help i used some cheats and my hr is back at 7 idk how to fix this please help

15. HolyBash

Newcomer HolyBash Member

United States
    um |I need help i used some cheats and my hr is back at 7 idk how to fix this please help

16. Zanie07

Newcomer Zanie07 Member

Indonesia
    Is there anyway having 10 or more skills in this game? Like having dreadking soul+grimclaw soul at the same time...

And is there anyway to unlock hayabusa feather+barrage earring with this editor? Thank you in advance

Last edited by Zanie07, Mar 4, 2017
  17. Harinasetu5

Newcomer Harinasetu5 Newbie

Germany
    Is there like a full guide on how to use this ? Because I literally have no idea how to.

18. Beakershell

Newcomer Beakershell Advanced Member

Malaysia
    Heres the instructions from the #1 post.
    ----------------------------
    Instructions:
    1. Use your favorite save manager (SaveDataFiler or JK Save Manager (No CFW Required) or anything that can extract extdata) to extract the system file from the extdata (00001870)
    2. Open it and edit it to your liking
    3. Use your favorite save manager to import it back into the extdata
    Note: Always make a back up!
    -----------------------------

which part of it you don't understand, maybe you can point it out so we can help you :)

19. Harinasetu5

Newcomer Harinasetu5 Newbie

Germany
    I have never used any editor so i dont have an idea how to use it.
    I have downloaded the game from E-Shop on my SD-Card and the SavaDataFiler.CIA but what do i do with it now ?

20. Zanie07

Newcomer Zanie07 Member

Indonesia
    Bump

21. WaitWhatBro

United States
    Could you upload these in Exported documents so we could easily import by anychance please?