APM MHX/MHGen Save Editor

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by APM, Jul 15, 2016.

1. iSharingan

iSharingan GBAtemp Fan

Jun 23, 2016
    United States
    In a room
    a.) all of that can be easily solved with a proper dump of the item names as correspond to the ID numbers. Go ahead and get those ready, if you can, and when you hit your 10 posts you should be able to PM them directly when things settle down on APM's end.

b.) Again, easily settled by a list of descriptions to pair with each value. Keep in mind IDs will be 1 less than their in-game type listing (IE: hair 14 will show up as ID 13 in the editor).

c.) this one is not so easy. We'd need a detailed reference of exactly what quest is represented by what bit in the quest data. I've already looked into it and that'd mean finding exactly what quest is what in over 640 options - not including DLC and the upcoming G-rank quests in MHXX/whatever the international release gets named (for reference, MH4U has about 451 INCLUDING its G-rank missions and even those were never tied down as far as what quest corresponds to what bit) - all of which progress non-linearly due to branching quest lines, etc.

It's also more complex int that there are "new" or "seen" flags that mark when a quest has appeared/been attempted. Setting one flag without the other makes even completed quests not show up - quest rotation or not. This is why I jsut completed all the non-DLC quests and uploaded a 100% complete blank save to avoid the 'bugs' resulting from this effect in the quest unlocker.

Another option is using FTPD/FTBrony (homebrew apps for using FTP to access the SD card without ejecting it or even exiting homebrew) to send your exported save over wifi via FTP to your PC. I've mainly used this method and have had no problems.

Last edited by iSharingan, Jan 8, 2017

2. dratinax

dratinax Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2017
    Albania
    Hello APM, isharingan :> and others
    Appreicate this great help

Im new on save editor, it worked out great !!
    thanks!!

One question tho, how do i import your blank character (.bin)
    I know it using character exporter, but i cant find it anywhere....

Please help!!
    thanks before :>

Last edited by dratinax, Jan 8, 2017
  3. bross30

bross30 Member

Newcomer
    May 17, 2010
    Afghanistan
    Nevermind
    Is there any way to get rid of your awards in the guild card editor? I foolishly used the "unlock all awards" function in the editor. Now if anyone looks at my guild card they see the awards for arenas and monster size and know somethings up :(

4. iSharingan

iSharingan GBAtemp Fan

Jun 23, 2016
    United States
    In a room
    The first post, under "Useful stuff"
    most people dont look at guild cards, from my experience. Whats more, if you dont send it, they dont see it.
    The easiest solution will be restore the unedited system_backup form when you edited the save (if you still have it). If that's not an option, then send me your save (via PM) and I can edit the monster sizes to match the awards (you're on your own for the arenas, but they're not particularly hard. Just finish within 10 minutes and you'll get A rank [S rank not required for awards, but does give some nice items])

Last edited by iSharingan, Jan 9, 2017
  5. Shindouz

Shindouz Member

Newcomer
    Jul 31, 2016
    Malaysia
    I can't seem to upgrade my hellblade gunlance from lv 1 to lv 2 and so on even though I've the items requirement for it. Why is this happening?

6. Rayanson

Rayanson Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2017
    France
    Hi i've been trying to export my save but it always give me a "Error opening save archive" pop up on the tactil screen, im trying to edit a save from my digital copy of the game, can someone tell me how to fix this error?

I'm just trying to get consumable items like flash bombs & flute so nothing really big that would be gamebreaking or corrupt my save but i'm stuck on this

7. Mcloving

Mcloving Member

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2016
    Hey Isharigan,

I wanted to ask, are completed DLC quest tied to the save file just like in game quests? If I load another save file then I restore my own save will the completed DLC quest remain completed or will I have to do the quest again for it to have a tick on it?

8. iSharingan

iSharingan GBAtemp Fan

Jun 23, 2016
    United States
    In a room
    I dont see why it wouldn't be tied to the save. in MH4U some DLC quests wouldn't show as completed for me (prolly bc I didn't host them) but they definitely show as completed in MHGen (not that it matters since the item is what unlocks the crafting of the armors, weapons, etc.)

9. Vivec

Vivec Member

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2015
    I just got this because I wanted to finetune my felynes and while at it make one of each class. The thing is, I'm trying to make a bomber felyne and no matter what I do it says that I'm using invalid/dlc learned actions but I've checked with bomber felynes I haven't edited and even those say that it's not valid, I think it only happens with bombers, why? Sorry if this has been asked before, checking 182 pages is a daunting task.

Edit: I am checking with hired cats, not with Samus or other DLC bombers.

Different matter.
    On 4U's editor you could edit weapons and armors to a certain degree, both relics and crafted. Can't you edit them anymore? Can you only change what item it is, its level and decorations?

Last edited by Vivec, Jan 12, 2017
  10. iSharingan

iSharingan GBAtemp Fan

Jun 23, 2016
    United States
    In a room
    the invalid skill is prolly bc it has a learned skill (taught via dojo). there should be item-by item feedback above that message that tells you what skills are being checked.

and as for weapon editing: Relics dont exist this game and Kinsect types/stats haven't been implemented yet. the only thing you can edit is the type, ID number, and level (dont create insect glaives from scratch. they wont get a kinsect. Changing one galive into another galive will retain the kinsect of the first glaive.

11. Vivec

Vivec Member

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2015
    I'm not sure about item-by-item, I'm checking it with PalicoCheckTool v0.06. I'm gonna attach a pic and the .catz, I have never used the felyne or teached it anything.

[​IMG]

The cat itself:
    http://puu.sh/tjQH2/cc34912a69.catz

I've tried attaching them to the post but I can't seem to be able to upload any file.

Shame about the weapons, those were fun :toot:

12. LoDeus

LoDeus Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 2, 2016
    Belgium
    the save is in the ExtData, when you make a backup of the save (in the ExtData option), you'll get two files: System and System_backup. your save is the "System" file, and to re-inject it when it's edited, you have to delete the "System_backup" one.

13. calvin-scones

calvin-scones Member

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2014
    United States
    Is there source code for this?

Another quick question: Where is the quest progress kept in the save file?

Last edited by calvin-scones, Jan 12, 2017
  14. APM
    OP

APM GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 13, 2016
    United States
    iirc it's stored in a bit field from character save offset 0x014BE to 0x014E7

Here's the link to svanheulen's wiki where I get most of my offsets from https://github.com/svanheulen/mhff/wiki/MHX-system-Format

I'll add it to the front page. Looks like I didn't add it when I made this thread.

As for the source code, I can post it if you want, but all it does is toggle all the bits to complete

Last edited by APM, Jan 12, 2017
  15. Wrathalos

Wrathalos GBAtemp Regular

Feb 25, 2016
    United States
    It looks like a false positive and the cat should be perfectly OK, looking at the actions and code. It's most likely because of an extra NULL added there for some reason which isn't in the actual file.

16. Oniiion

Oniiion Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2017
    Brazil
    Hey @APM !!!!!!! Do you have plans to create another save editors? It would be awesome if you created one for the Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3 !! I could even pay for it :yay3ds::wub::wub:

Last edited by Oniiion, Jan 13, 2017
  17. Shindouz

Shindouz Member

Newcomer
    Jul 31, 2016
    Malaysia
    wHY MY hr KEEPS GOING back down after updating it with the mod?

18. NeverEasy

NeverEasy Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2017
    Gambia, The
    Its pretty cool, but i have a serious question.

I got myself the blank Character file, but how the hell do i import this one?

I allready have legit HR 999 Characters on MH4U and 3U and i have a HR 629 character on MHGEN.

So any Tutorials or reviews out there wich show me how to do this?
    Never heared of a Character Exporter/Importer
    would be nice ^^

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

nevermind as it turn out im dumb AF. i didn't see the character importer inside if the Extra tools Spoiler :'DDDDDDD

19. calvin-scones

calvin-scones Member

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2014
    United States
    Id still like to look at it, im new to this kind of stuff, and I wanted to try something with it

20. Jaseyguu

Jaseyguu Member

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2016
    United States
    When I use the complete character save in the useful stuff section, I customized the guild card so it can look like my regular one I had before, but for some reason even though it says it's HR 263 I can't seem to unlock anymore missions, the highest HR I can go is HR 7. I tried using the HR unlocker in the useful section but it doesn't seem to have fixed. Any way I can fix this? I'm trying to play online with my friends so it's hard not being able to set up missions for us when I can't access them :(