Anywhere I can buy a replacement OFFICIAL Wii shell?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by SG, Dec 12, 2012.

Dec 12, 2012

SG New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    OK, so I have a US Wii (and live in the UK). As the Wii U is now out, it's going to be harder to get replacement things in the future and my Wii is something I'm going to want to keep indefinitely.

The thing is, it's got some scratches on it and (because I'm an obsessive freak), I want it to be perfect - I know you can get unofficial shells but I was wondering if there is a way to get an official case to replace the one that I have?

Getting another US Wii to replace it is expensive and difficult, plus I've got one of the original motherboards in my one which is apparently 'better' than the newer ones if you have it softmodded.

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Message Count:
    Australia
    try ebay
    or you could get 1 of these
    • Reporter

Foxi4 Shotgun to the face is not a contingency plan.

Message Count:
    Poland
    "Official" replacements come from broken Wii's or straight from Nintendo's many servicing stations. They're usually expensive and not necessarily in mint condition (meaning, when there was a "donor" Wii). Third-party cases are cheaper, but I can understand your sentiment - I too like to keep everything in original casing unless I have spares.

Do try E-bay, searching for broken units or spare parts - it's usually the best resource.

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Message Count:
    Australia
    ebay bricked wii i just tried it and stuff came up :lol:
    • Reporter

Foxi4 Shotgun to the face is not a contingency plan.

Message Count:
    Poland
    That's a bonus feature of such shopping - sometimes you have enough luck to find a Wii that's entirely fixable for a fraction of the price. :P
    plasma dragon007 likes this.

SG New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    Thanks for the replies guys.

Given my ridiculous OCD-like standards, I want a Wii case in 'as new' condition, so I can't see a bricked Wii from eBay ever being like new.

Foxi4, are you saying that it IS possible to order replacement cases from Nintendo? I would take a risk on it being not new, if there's a chance that it is new. I really wish I wasn't so f**king fussy. Maybe a case from xcmlive.com is the best bet, I would have to convince myself somehow that even though it's not official that it's still 'proper' - does anyone know, are there 'Nintendo' and 'Wii' markings that look like the official markings, same font and all?
    Last edited by SG, Dec 18, 2012

SG New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    UPDATE: Holy s**t! Look at this, maybe I won't need a new case!

http://web.archive.org/web/20080306...nano-to-new-condition-with-a-4-can-of-brasso/
    ...But is a Wii's case made of the same stuff as a Nano? Does anyone know how it works? Is it sanding down the surface very slightly? Thoughts?

I'm so glad that my limited editions turquoise and white N64 has the texture on the case that it does - protects it from surface scratches like this!

SPONSORED LINKS