Gaming Anywhere I can buy a replacement OFFICIAL Wii shell?

SG

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OK, so I have a US Wii (and live in the UK). As the Wii U is now out, it's going to be harder to get replacement things in the future and my Wii is something I'm going to want to keep indefinitely.

The thing is, it's got some scratches on it and (because I'm an obsessive freak), I want it to be perfect - I know you can get unofficial shells but I was wondering if there is a way to get an official case to replace the one that I have?

Getting another US Wii to replace it is expensive and difficult, plus I've got one of the original motherboards in my one which is apparently 'better' than the newer ones if you have it softmodded.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
"Official" replacements come from broken Wii's or straight from Nintendo's many servicing stations. They're usually expensive and not necessarily in mint condition (meaning, when there was a "donor" Wii). Third-party cases are cheaper, but I can understand your sentiment - I too like to keep everything in original casing unless I have spares.

Do try E-bay, searching for broken units or spare parts - it's usually the best resource.

SG

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for the replies guys.

Given my ridiculous OCD-like standards, I want a Wii case in 'as new' condition, so I can't see a bricked Wii from eBay ever being like new.

Foxi4, are you saying that it IS possible to order replacement cases from Nintendo? I would take a risk on it being not new, if there's a chance that it is new. I really wish I wasn't so f**king fussy. Maybe a case from xcmlive.com is the best bet, I would have to convince myself somehow that even though it's not official that it's still 'proper' - does anyone know, are there 'Nintendo' and 'Wii' markings that look like the official markings, same font and all?

SG

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
UPDATE: Holy s**t! Look at this, maybe I won't need a new case!

http://web.archive.org/web/20080306...nano-to-new-condition-with-a-4-can-of-brasso/
...But is a Wii's case made of the same stuff as a Nano? Does anyone know how it works? Is it sanding down the surface very slightly? Thoughts?

I'm so glad that my limited editions turquoise and white N64 has the texture on the case that it does - protects it from surface scratches like this!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs