Misc Anything unsafe to do on emunand?

C Dale

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've got my 2ds exactly the way I want it. Unlinked 9.2 sysnand and 10.3 emunand. Is there anything I can't or shouldn't do on my emunand as far as the store goes? Can I make a mii character, update youtube and download apps, even purchase items without fear of breaking anything? Can I play online without fear of getting banned?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could accidentally update your sysNAND from the emuNAND, such as through the eShop or update prompt. You should only ever update your emuNAND through the System Settings, and you should only do so if you've confirmed that you're on emuNAND by looking at the system version number.

Other than that, you're unlikely to accidentally do any real damage. I would make periodic emuNAND backups if I were you, just in case.

C Dale

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could accidentally update your sysNAND from the emuNAND, such as through the eShop or update prompt. You should only ever update your emuNAND through the System Settings, and you should only do so if you've confirmed that you're on emuNAND by looking at the system version number.

Other than that, you're unlikely to accidentally do any real damage. I would make periodic emuNAND backups if I were you, just in case.

Yeah the emunand backups for sure. So when these apps say they need updated (like youtube), I should never do that because it might somehow update my sysnand even though I'm on emu?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah the emunand backups for sure. So when these apps say they need updated (like youtube), I should never do that because it might somehow update my sysnand even though I'm on emu?
I'm referring to when the home menu and/or eShop prompt you to update your 3DS, not update a game. If you accept an update prompt to update your 3DS and you're not updating through the System Settings, you may inadvertently update your sysNAND instead, even if you're currently using emuNAND.

C Dale

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm referring to when the home menu and/or eShop prompt you to update your 3DS, not update a game. If you accept an update prompt to update your 3DS and you're not updating through the System Settings, you may inadvertently update your sysNAND instead, even if you're currently using emuNAND.
Ah ok. I think I'm good. Are there any chances of getting banned by playing games online on emunand?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality