Anything i need for my gameboy color?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Can someone tell me what is so special about AGS 101? And why they are being sold for 100 dollars each on ebay?
If you ever consider a all in one thing, a classic GBA with a 101 screen swap is wonderful.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

in case i was not clear enough, that gba has the best screen.
not only is rarer than the older frontlight model
but there are loads of people who destroys ags 101 to savage their screens into other models...
you can pretty much easily find a gpa sp, from my searches like 90% of the times is the first model...
the first model not only was sold a lot more but it was released loads of special\limited editions.. the second model only has a few of them, which are incredible rare...

so yeah, to answer this question it's rare, and people destroy the few left for swap the screen with their normal purple agb gba (most of the times)

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
make sure you get the disk included, i know a few people who jumped the gun thinking they were bagging a bargain and found it didnt have the disk needed to use the gameboy player, and the disk is the most expensive part :P
Back in the day I bought a Gameboy player new and kept good care of it. Still have the disc, case, and manual. We're the majority of owners just irresponsible kids that didn't know any better than to hold on to a disc together with their accessories?

I wonder why there hasn't been some workaround made. Sorta like freeloader for action replay.

Reactions: migles

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Back in the day I bought a Gameboy player new and kept good care of it. Still have the disc, case, and manual. We're the majority of owners just irresponsible kids that didn't know any better than to hold on to a disc together with their accessories?

I wonder why there hasn't been some workaround made. Sorta like freeloader for action replay.
well its kinda cheap to get a gamecube modchip installed and buying a pack of blank mini-dvd's, but i guess importing a japanese one and using a freeloader may also work if the PAL/US prices are too steep (although the freeloader would probably bring the price up to near US/PAL prices anyway)......i would go with the modchip and stack of disks, do yourself some other good GC games while your there :P

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well its kinda cheap to get a gamecube modchip installed and buying a pack of blank mini-dvd's, but i guess importing a japanese one and using a freeloader may also work if the PAL/US prices are too steep (although the freeloader would probably bring the price up to near US/PAL prices anyway)......i would go with the modchip and stack of disks, do yourself some other good GC games while your there :P
So no way to replicate the gameboy player disc without a hardmod? Damn that blows. Not for me at least.

If I were to mod my GC it would be for region free, lots of cool games i want to play that never localized here.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
from the looks of it the US/JPN models can be modded to function as US/JPN with just a simple switch, PAL always end up having the harder solutions

so yeah if you have a US/JPN system its only 2 solder points to play Japanese/US games

Last edited by gamesquest1,

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
from the looks of it the US/JPN models can be modded to function as US/JPN with just a simple switch, PAL always end up having the harder solutions

so yeah if you have a US/JPN system its only 2 solder points to play Japanese/US games
gameboy don't have region lock o-o
sorry I didin't read :o it was about a GC , not a GB =3=

Last edited by Sliter,

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
There is a guy who backlights Gameboy Colors for real...though its expensive.

Don't forget the nanoloop one. The new nanoloop mono is awesome but you need an OG GameBoy for it.

Woah there! I NEED this Gameboy Color :O
And nice! I forgot about nanoloop!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte