Anything i need for my gameboy color?

xtheman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a gameboy color about a month ago. It works and i have been able to play Tetris DX and Pokemon Yellow on it. I'm going to ask my dad to buy a me an everdrive GB for Christmas but in the meantime is their any games i should buy for it? I also want some accessories for it. Is their any good products that gives some light to it without causing a glare?

Reactions: gman666

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I've look into it but no such thing exist. Only Gameboy classic and Gameboy advanced. Their is a frontlight mod but it looks terrible.
Oh my bad. Well a frontlight is a thing too.

Reactions: xtheman

gman666

Cubicle Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't even try to buy the Pokemon games unless you want to pay inflated prices. Buy a worm light if you need one and some rechargeable batteries. Also, if you're interested in mods, you can add a backlight to your Gameboy Color. However, it would be good to have knowledge in soldering.

xtheman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't even try to buy the Pokemon games unless you want to pay inflated prices. Buy a worm light if you need one and some rechargeable batteries. Also, if you're interested in mods, you can add a backlight to your Gameboy Color. However, it would be good to have knowledge in soldering.
I bought Pokemon Yellow for 15 dollars used. My dad replaced the battery and it was good. Unfortunately it broke today.

Reactions: gman666

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Actually, if you know where to look, Pokémon games aren't that expensive. I got GBC games for 5 bucks each from a random guy selling their kids Gameboy stuff. All legit and working carts.

Reactions: gman666 and xtheman

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
If you ever consider a all in one thing, a classic GBA with a 101 screen swap is wonderful.

-Backlit
-Supports GBA and Gameboy/Gameboy Color games
-Ergonomic
-And most importantly, a headphones jack!

xtheman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you ever consider a all in one thing, a classic GBA with a 101 screen swap is wonderful.

-Backlit
-Supports GBA and Gameboy/Gameboy Color games
-Ergonomic
-And most importantly, a headphones jack!
I was thinking about a GBA but then i thought if I want to buy that i might as well buy the gameboy player for the gamecube.
The last part isn't important for me as my gameboy color has a headphone jack that works with modern headphones.

Reactions: VinsCool

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I was thinking about a GBA but then i thought if I want to buy that i might as well buy the gameboy player for the gamecube.
The last part isn't important for me as my gameboy color has a headphone jack that works with modern headphones.
Hahaha it was a joke about iPhone 7, but yeah you are right haha.

If you are into music creation, a cart (or a ROM) of LSDJ is a must have! ;)

Reactions: Deleted User

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
make sure you get the disk included, i know a few people who jumped the gun thinking they were bagging a bargain and found it didnt have the disk needed to use the gameboy player, and the disk is the most expensive part :P

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
make sure you get the disk included, i know a few people who jumped the gun thinking they were bagging a bargain and found it didnt have the disk needed to use the gameboy player, and the disk is the most expensive part :P
True that. I was lucky to get my Gameboy Player bundle with a scratchless disc for 50 bucks :P

xtheman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read i needed the disk when i found out about that but thanks anyways.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i got my GBAplayer for free as it had no disk, then found the disk as a BIN on ebay for £10 as it was lightly scratched and they couldnt test it....works fine though

Reactions: VinsCool

xtheman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think rechargeable bateries is a good thing to help you there XD

I want do this more for the doing it than for really needing/ wanting to play gbc XD
also I ever dream abour light moding my gba classic =3= lol
I forgot to mention that i bought an AC adapter. It works well and haven't had to change battery yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.