Hardware Anyone who had an experience with China parts?(batteries etc)

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to know since I think my N3DS battery is faulty? I don't know where to buy official ones in my current country(UAE) so I'm thinking of buying something at Ebay, the ones who offers free international shipping. Thanks in advance

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Batteries: unless they are mugen, nyko (they do not have a n3ds battery yet, only o3ds), or genuine Nintendo, stay far away. Any other last a fraction of the original battery's runtime and die faster despite them claiming to have more capacity than the stock battery.

Reactions: Akira

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Batteries: unless they are mugen, nyko (they do not have a n3ds battery yet, only o3ds), or genuine Nintendo, stay far away. Any other last a fraction of the original battery's runtime and die faster despite them claiming to have more capacity than the stock battery.
Thanks for the answer

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
To add to previous comments, you should avoid non-branded cells from eBay because more often than not, they're old units taken from dead consoles and repackaged to look new. Or, some are made from knockoff materials and can be a fire hazard.

Reactions: driverdis

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To add to previous comments, you should avoid non-branded cells from eBay because more often than not, they're old units taken from dead consoles and repackaged to look new. Or, some are made from knockoff materials and can be a fire hazard.

This^
I actually had to recycle a brand new generic DS lite battery as the runtime was bad and the actual cell could be pushed down with my finger like the sides were made of thin cardboard (they probably were)

Last edited by driverdis,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, to answer your question, they're a fusion Brit-pop/J-pop/electronic band with a woman...