Hacking Anyone want to help test an SD card hack?

Janthran

Solarian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically, I bought Link's Awakening DX, zipped my Nintendo 3DS file, TRIED to upload (My brother was on the computer, it must have failed.)
The idea is that anyone who loads that file can play all games I've downloaded to that card, correct?
I have successfully transferred the file to another SD card and loaded it. No problem. So, anyone who doesn't have the game want to try?

(I'll get the file uploaded soon, just want to know your thoughts on this first.)

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Games are encrypted to the 3DS they are downloaded to. You cannot download another person's Link DX, for example.

Thank you for the effort, though!

nicklessguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Don't even waste your time. Was tested already, and everyone who knows a bit about how these games works (which is similar to the Wiiwares), knows that there are certificate ticket files which are unique to your 3DS. They wont run in any other system besides yours no matter what.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That will not work, the games are only for the 3ds where it was bought. I'm sure nintendo is doing it like on the wii, there you just get the message that the game is not for your console.

alexg1989

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if his 3DS were to go bad or malfunction and not work anymore? He'd have to rebuy all his eshop purchases on a new 3DS? That is freaking lame... I'm never using the Eshop when I get my 3DS... I have a better selection of classic GBA, NES and GB titles on my PSP anyway...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: