Hacking Anyone successfully using Guitar Hero DLC with emuNAND? (not hanging on songlist)

bengalih

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TL : DR - Multiple GH titles (BH, WoR, GH5) hang on the song selection screen with lots of DLC installed.
Want to know who else with lots of DLC does/doesn't experience this and if there is any permanent solution.

I know this is old stuff - but I'm hoping some of you still active in the community use your Wii for Guitar Hero.

I have remodded/updated to a recent configuration, including using the emunand function (nand created with ModMii - also sometimes used for uneek access).

Back before the modding, handling DLC on GH was a painfully slow process if you owned all (or a lot) of the DLC from GH5, GHWT, GHSH, etc as you had to transfer it back and forth from the SD due to the limited Wii memory.

But, with an emuNAND you can store all the DLC and literally have a gigantic song list - literally 300-500+ songs depending on the imports/DLC you purchased.

I'm running the game off of a backup on a USB drive and have tried placing my emuNAND on both the USB drive and on the SD. I have slightly better success running it from the SD, but still get occasional hanging when just browsing the song list.

Some people have filed bugs against d2x-cios here:
https://github.com/davebaol/d2x-cios/issues/54

However I'm not sure the issue is an ios/cios issue.
I kind of thing that Guitar Hero simply never expected for users to have such huge lists of games.
I supposed it might also just be some limitation with a large emuNAND size causing some type of read issues - but since an emuNAND is a flat file structure that can be read randomly (instead of a monolithic bin file, etc) - I don't think this is it.

I'm just wondering if there is a solution that will work 99.9999% of the time?

thanks

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm wondering if it might be a memory/stack issue where so much is allocated due to the limited song list capability, it's the first thing i thought of if there is some type of freezing when trying to parse something bigger than technically planned for.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: HBD 2U