Shiroyasha
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chad
My first impressions, "Aww yeah, another srpg for moi psp".

After playing the game, "Fuck you . . . . fuck you".
Yeah, seriously anyone tried this game yet?

I have no complaints visually or anything else other than the battle system so far..

The battle system is what's frustrating the fuck outta me cause i just can't seem to get the perfect results from a battle. (That is finishing a battle with 3 stars and everyone survived, as well as looting all there is to loot)

It's either you give up 3 star finish and collect your loot or vice versa...

This battle system where you act only on your player turn which you then decide on which unit to move is pretty much the flawed part in this battle system IMO. Each unit should have their own turn timer, which surprisingly the enemy has...

I find myself using one unit way more than another...and i get the feeling that i shouldn't

The only way for this battle system to be good is to get rid of the time limit concept or introduce individual unit turn just like our enemies...

The variety of items in this game however is what's got me going, its pretty sweet.

Anyway, this turned out to be a bit of a rage.....

Anyone have any tips on this game?

What do you think of the game?

zavlin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i played for about 5 hours before quitting. The story seems pretty good... but combat is annoying. Have you tried opening a treasure chest yet? its the dumbest thing ever.. you have to hit it several times before it opens, and then spend another turn moving onto the item. All while theres a time limit before you lose... and they give you plenty of time but its hard to tell when you can spare some turns since everything is so abstract. I get what theyr trying to do with having you choose turns... but i just want each of my units to have their own turn....

Reactions: 1 person

Viliation

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm playing it right now and it seems fun even though the combat system can be a little frustrating at times. There is also the long dialogue but that can be bearable for me at least. :P

SinHarvest24

Shiroyasha
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chad
i played for about 5 hours before quitting. The story seems pretty good... but combat is annoying. Have you tried opening a treasure chest yet? its the dumbest thing ever.. you have to hit it several times before it opens, and then spend another turn moving onto the item. All while theres a time limit before you lose... and they give you plenty of time but its hard to tell when you can spare some turns since everything is so abstract. I get what theyr trying to do with having you choose turns... but i just want each of my units to have their own turn....
At least it isn't just me...

This game has a lot of potential but the gameplay mechanics kills it...

spweasel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played this to the end of the second battle, and it's... ok, I guess.

Despite all the weirdness going on, the combat still comes across as pretty generic SRPG, which is sad considering creative game systems is really the only thing Sting does well.

I probably won't come back to it, but it does have one fairly unique feature that strangely drastically increases my chance of playing it - it's really small. The CSO comes in at 141 MB, so it's small enough to fit on the Memory Stick after putting the games I actually intend to play on it.

zygie

Trophies
XP
Country
I finished the first battle then when I had a chance to save, turned my PSP off. Should I give Gungnir a chance? I generally like SRPGS (finished FFTA, Jeanne d'Arc, Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume, et al.) but I couldn't get into this one.

Still have a backlog of FFT:WotL and Tactics Ogre though.

SinHarvest24

Shiroyasha
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chad
I finished the first battle then when I had a chance to save, turned my PSP off. Should I give Gungnir a chance? I generally like SRPGS (finished FFTA, Jeanne d'Arc, Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume, et al.) but I couldn't get into this one.

Still have a backlog of FFT:WotL and Tactics Ogre though.
If you need your srpg fix and you've played all there's available to you to play then i'll suggest you give Gungnir a chance. I know what you mean, being an srpg fan myself, this game is kinda fustrating...

If you still haven't played Tactics Ogre: LUCT then you're surely missing out on what could be the best srpg of all time.

Ignusburntheworld

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Not a really bad game, for SRPG lovers. But in the same line, there's Yggdra Union, or Knights in the Nightmares, who are really better (same develop. team).

But who cares? Now we can play Generation Of Chaos : Pandora's Reflexion :toot:

(I'm one the those SRPG lovers!)

Ps : I'm a lover of SRPG. I've done severall...maybe too many. An honnestly, I don't really appreciate FFT or Tactic Ogre... there's too serious, too real... Try Blasing Soul : Accelate, or Ragnarok : Tactics.

Frank Cadena

Trophies
XP
Country
Oddly enough, I really like the mechanics, even though it can be frustrating. I don't know what it is but the feeling of frustration and accomplishment from playing this games feels familiar and comforting. The story is decent and sometimes my brain overheats from thinking too hard but again as I said, familiar and comforting :)

mushra

Asgard
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My first impressions, "Aww yeah, another srpg for moi psp".

After playing the game, "Fuck you . . . . fuck you".
Yeah, seriously anyone tried this game yet?

I have no complaints visually or anything else other than the battle system so far..

The battle system is what's frustrating the fuck outta me cause i just can't seem to get the perfect results from a battle. (That is finishing a battle with 3 stars and everyone survived, as well as looting all there is to loot)

It's either you give up 3 star finish and collect your loot or vice versa...

This battle system where you act only on your player turn which you then decide on which unit to move is pretty much the flawed part in this battle system IMO. Each unit should have their own turn timer, which surprisingly the enemy has...

I find myself using one unit way more than another...and i get the feeling that i shouldn't

The only way for this battle system to be good is to get rid of the time limit concept or introduce individual unit turn just like our enemies...

The variety of items in this game however is what's got me going, its pretty sweet.

Anyway, this turned out to be a bit of a rage.....

Anyone have any tips on this game?

What do you think of the game?
Ok well I did play it, finished it, and broke the UMD and I thought the same thing but I liked the movement restrictions as it allowed for some tactical thinking when trying to do a specific task like rape boss only or break and get items from chest/breakable things ect ect. If I remember correctly the main chara has a drain 3 square [left front right] attack with gugnir which hindered and helped so many times. holding that damn weapon alone. best tip I can give you is use different weapons on your main charas and focus on the task at hand [aside from the ones you give your self]. also >_> have double book holders for heals and AoE attacks it helps a $#it ton when facing certain bosses (won`t spoile anything) lastly there is ONE thing I should say. if you`re playing it for the same reason as yggdra union, nights in the nightmare, riviera, and any of the Dept. Heaven games then you`re out of luck b/c from when I played it, it didn`t really tie into them at all from what I can tell or maybe someone here actually knows something I obiviously missed b/c that was the only reason I played and finished such a obscure game. /endrant : P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.