Hardware Anyone Notice?

Captain_N

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When i 1st turn on my n3ds and let the system menu load, if i eject the cart it will still show the cart there. if i put another back in it will still show the icon of the one i had in there on startup.
if i try to start the game it wont start. i have to eject the game and try to load it with no cart in there. it will then say gamecard cant be read and the icon becomes empty like normal. then if i put any game in it works fine. It only seems to be when a game is in the slot at start up.

It does this on my n3ds and o3ds. None of them have any franken firmwarew or custom themes. I use the default white theme on my n3ds and black theme on old 3ds.
n3ds is on 10.7 and old 3ds is on 10.5. I noticed this happening sometime after the 10.5 update
the old 3ds has menuhax installed and on the n3ds i use Oothax.

Anyone else have this issue?

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
When i 1st turn on my n3ds and let the system menu load, if i eject the cart it will still show the cart there. if i put another back in it will still show the icon of the one i had in there on startup.
if i try to start the game it wont start. i have to eject the game and try to load it with no cart in there. it will then say gamecard cant be read and the icon becomes empty like normal. then if i put any game in it works fine. It only seems to be when a game is in the slot at start up.

It does this on my n3ds and o3ds. None of them have any franken firmwarew or custom themes. I use the default white theme on my n3ds and black theme on old 3ds.
n3ds is on 10.7 and old 3ds is on 10.5. I noticed this happening sometime after the 10.5 update
the old 3ds has menuhax installed and on the n3ds i use Oothax.

Anyone else have this issue?

Nope, both my Old and New 3DS the game icon disappears as soon as I remove it, be the game inserted on boot or not.

Reitel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I used to have the exactly the same issue on my N3DSXL, I had to change the game carts with the lid closed to prevent this from happening. I bought my console with 9.0 installed, and it was working fine.

When I noticed this issue for the first time I blamed the custom themes I did just installed, but then I realized It was the console itself. I don't remember the firmware version, probably 9.7-9.8 . Fortunately (for me anyway) this bug dissappeared after a system update, I don't remember wich one, but I was around the 10.2-10.3 when I noticed this wasn't happening anymore, so right now it's ok.

Last edited by Reitel,

Captain_N

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to have the exactly the same issue on my N3DSXL, I had to change the game carts with the lid closed to prevent this from happening. I bought my console with 9.0 installed, and it was working fine.

When I noticed this issue for the first time I blamed the custom themes I did just installed, but then I realized It was the console itself. I don't remember the firmware version, probably 9.7-9.8 . Fortunately (for me anyway) this bug dissappeared after a system update, I don't remember wich one, but I was around the 10.2-10.3 when I noticed this wasn't happening anymore, so right now it's ok.

Interesting. I was doing some testing and it seems to be almost consistent. I believe its software related. perhaps another update like 10.3 will fix it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr