Gaming Anyone knows a good 'visual novel' for ds?

• Thread starter FabienneMolenaar
  • Start date
  • Views 93,186
  • Replies 45

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey everyone, I am looking for some good visual novels for my DS, and I wanted to try Saya no Uta as I heard that version for DS exists, but I couldnt find it anywhere? Can you please help me to find it?
Its also mentioned on VNDB.
According to this Wikipedia page, the VN does not exist for the Nintendo DS.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
VNDS, those nice times for homebrew.
The scripting language was so easy, you were able to port VNs or create yours in a breeze.
So sad most links for the fanmade DS VN ports are dead.
You had lot of VN content with VNDS, but VNDS aside and talking about actual commercial DS games I think 999 is very true to the VN spirit, and quite good.

Pox

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok and VNDS is "Visual Novel for DS" ?

I am sorry I played just Ace Attorney, and just trying to be familiar with these new terms. What I need to know for certain, does Saya no Uta exists in any form for DS? Or I ll have to buy PSP soon ( even though I didn't plan to to it this year)?

Digitsie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saya no Uta is on the VNDS. One of the earlier posts shows that. Doing a bit of searching for it it's findable.

Basically, you need the VNDS rom and the Saya no Uta VNDS file.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And since it's still copyrighted material, we can't give links to any VNDS versions of novels. There are some tools that exist to convert certain VNs if you already have the files for the PC versions, but I don't know if there's one for that particular VN.

On that note, anyone who enjoyed 999 or VLR should read Ever17 if they haven't already. The translation blows and some themes were recycled for the Zero Escape games, but overall it's still pretty good shit.

Pox

Trophies
XP
Country
Saya no Uta is on the VNDS. One of the earlier posts shows that. Doing a bit of searching for it it's findable.

Basically, you need the VNDS rom and the Saya no Uta VNDS file.

Ok after doing a bit of research I did find some info about this "VNDS conversion" but I also heard its far from ideal, there might be some problems. I guess I have no choice then to play it on its native platform.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Since someone bumped this, might as well post this:
The Ever17 VNDS port is kind of shit. IIRC you can't get 1 out of the 4 good endings (the Sora ending IIRC?) and you can't get the true end without using the chapter skip, which makes you miss out on a bit and is kind of shitty anyway.

BlackRekuzza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
Oh, can you give me more information about VNDS? I just dont understand...if I have a DSTWO card, I should somehow install it there, or what? O__o

Scorp

Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
How old are you? There some awesome +18 Visual novel i can recommend you.
Officially published on DS? 18+? Now that's the story! :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh, can you give me more information about VNDS? I just dont understand...if I have a DSTWO card, I should somehow install it there, or what? O__o
You just run it as usual as a homebrew, you would also need game resources in VNDS format for it too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb